Neverwinter Forest Only Love Myself, No More
43 Posts
Ooc —
Trade 
maybe @Simmik otherwise open! backdated to the 18th. Note to joiners, she has been away from the saints for quite some time now and no longer carries their scent!

Despite the days that had passed Evelynn did not forget the name. Neverwinter Forest, a pack just east of the mountain range that separated the Saints from the valley between. She wasn't sure what their connection was to Kynareth, but he had dropped the name of their Beta. Some woman named Simmik, hmm? A purr like hum vibrated in her throat as thin legs carried her towards the dark woods.

Love perhaps then? A fling? How juicy. Originally she planned to venture north after her little visit with Ursus, but curiosity had gotten the best of her. A side mission could be completed at any time, and with how much distance there was to cover before her main quest, Ursus could wait. As Eve graced the borders of the looming forest, she tilted her head into a song. A request for any to answer her, but perhaps their leaders could offer more.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her shoulder was better, despite the infection that had set in, and now the wound had formed a healthy scab and was well on its way to being healed. It was still a little red around the edges, but nothing compared to how it was even a week ago. She was able to patrol longer each day and without much of a limp.

She was nearing the end of her patrol today when the call sounded from the borders. She was still on edge from all the trespassers they had dealt with lately, so she instantly tensed and headed in the direction of the call.

When she arrived, she came to stand in front of the silver stranger, her fiery gaze shrewd as it looked her over before finally settling on her face. This is Neverwinter Forest, she said first, her expression purposely blank. What is the reason for your call? Simmik had never seen this woman in her life, yet she stood on their borders and called for someone from the pack. A quick inspection of her scent did not bring up anything familiar, and she wondered if maybe she was looking for a place to stay over the winter. Until she knew for sure, she would regard her with her usual suspicion.
Inuttuk
Common
43 Posts
Ooc —
It would not take long for a woman to arrive, coated in the purest of whites with a firelit gaze that could pierce the dark like her own. She seemed to quickly assess her form as she spoke, blunt and straight to the point, though her expression offered no hints towards her true emotions. Compared to the boy in the glen, she would be harder to read as she seemed to have experience building her walls.

Evelynn simply smiled something sweet as she gave a brief dip of her head, Greetings, I am but a humble traveler. I come from the south and thought I might get to know the nearby packs before winter comes. I was hoping you might enlighten me on life in these lands? A simple story and one she had kept since Firefly glen. She would change details here and there, but for the most part, it remained the same. You never knew who talked and who did not after all. I heard of your pack before, actually. The kind wolves of the Glen spoke of you.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She was a traveler with questions about the area—nothing suspicious about that, but Simmik continued her stony appearance. She was not necessarily convinced this stranger had innocent intentions just yet. She was willing to answer her questions, though. She wondered what all the glen wolves had told her about them. She also wasn't sure she'd use the word kind to describe them; they hadn't really done anything to Neverwinter, but there was still a long held wariness of anyone associated with Moonspear. 

Since the woman was apparently traveling on her own, Simmik felt inclined to be truthful with her about how exactly it had been to live in these lands. Well, the last few months have not really been easy, she told the woman. You should be careful wandering around here on your own; there are monsters that prey on lone women. Her expression darkened with the memories of her own trauma and trusted or not, she didn't wish for anyone to have to go through that. One man in particular—he is white like I am. I don't know his name. A hard swallow moved down her throat before she continued. And a pack that we have had trouble with; they call themselves The Saints of the Dying Light. You should stay clear of them.

The beta studied the stranger's storm cloud face. Aside from that, I like our forest; it provides protection from more than just inclement weather. In case she found herself in need of a place to stay for the winter. Simmik had some questions of her own, but she held them back to hear the traveler's questions if she had any.
Inuttuk
Common
43 Posts
Ooc —
The silver-tongued woman feigned a look of mild shock, though she resorted to simply adverting her eyes as her ears pinned back at the news of "horrible monsters crawling in the dark". Had she not been so busy acting, she might have snorted at the thought. She wasn't concerned about what horrors went bump in the night, she was more than capable of taking care of herself. Not to mention currently, she had her back protected by half the monsters these wilds seemed to fear. The description Simmik gave though, was eerily similar to the description of Ursus she gained from Bronco. I'm afraid I've heard a bit about them already, hence my searching. I'm fast, I believe I'm capable enough to escape any unwanted situation, but I'm hoping to see what options might save me the trouble of keeping one eye open while I sleep... This man you speak of...does he belong to Ursus by any chance?

The directions given by the man in Firefly Glen had been close to nothing to go off of. The only thing he added to her previous knowledge was a slight turn in her compass, but with miles of land between her and the mountain range alone, truly how helpful was that? Just as before though, this woman openly named the Saints. Oh how she wanted to grin, but no, what kind of impression would it give should she grin at bad news. Well...she supposed she could still get a laugh out of it, The Saints of the Dying Light... Yes, I've heard of them, though I thought they lived far away from here? I heard they moved far to the East. Beyond that mountain range over there. It was only a half-lie, they moved to the West of course, but there was half-truth to her words! Some pack was giving them trouble. I'd be surprised if they were harassing you from so far away. More of a pest than I thought if so...

It wouldn't take long for the Beta to move along the conversation, words priding the forest that lingered behind her. From what she could see it was thick, dark even. She had no doubt that it did provide some cover to her pack. Part of her wondered just what kind of wolves lingered in the shadows, though more often than not she could answer that question on her own. Evelynn supposed she had to fake some interest for her pack though so she simply nodded keeping her eyes on the forest behind Simmik, The woods seem impressive. I don't think I've ever quite seen one so dense before. How does your pack get along? Traditional ranking? Most packs she came across kept it simple, though the Saints did not. Maybe other packs here did not either.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
I don't know where he belongs—other than dead in the ground, she answered with apparent disgust. And I don't know of this Ursus you speak of. Was this yet another pack they would have to be wary of?

She hadn't been aware of where exactly they had moved, but this woman gave her helpful information without even knowing it. Maybe so, she answered with a shrug. She filed the info away for later. I would watch out for them anyway. No sense in thinking you were safe just because they had moved to the other side of the mountains; it didn't mean they couldn't come over here just to mess with them. She certainly wouldn't put that past them. 

She saw no reason to not answer the traveler's questions. Yes, we have thrived so far, she told her. Of course, they had their share of issues, but who didn't. I suppose they are traditional, she answered. I'm Simmik, the Beta here, and Mal is the Alpha. We have wolves that fill the ranks below us. Now that she thought of it, the ranks in her natal pack had been different.
Inuttuk
Common
43 Posts
Ooc —
Unfortunate, she wasn't even aware of the bear wolves. No matter, she still had enough to go off of until she reached her destination, this was simply a side task. Kynareth wished to know the status of this woman, though there seemed to be nothing interesting here. She held a level of disgust or weariness towards the Saints, though with what she knew she had good reason to. Eve had to stifle a scoff, though the corner of her lip would still quirk, Fair.

I always sleep with an eye open, Dear. No need to worry for me, though the concern is appreciated. She might not have been big on fighting, but that didn't mean that she couldn't if her life was on the line. She had plenty of tricks up her sleeve though to survive before things escalated to that point. Ursus is...well to put it lightly another problem pack from what I hear. Somewhere out east, days away, but a problem nonetheless. It's good that you have not been affected, perhaps you are too far for their meddling.

Simmik confirmed that they ran rather plainly. Not that it was a problem, simple could be good, though it left little room for her to inquire further. I see, seems reliable. Has this pack stood long or is it rather new? Getting through the first winter was always hard after all. If she was "looking" to join she would need insurance that they would stick around through hard times.