Hideaway Strath Do I speak my truth or do I filter to how I feel?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 
@Derg :D

As usual, Arlette had gotten lost while traveling. She completely went in the opposite direction she intended to go. The girl wanted to go to Rusalka, but instead of going there, she had strayed inward. She had blamed that forest. She followed the mountains, afraid to go over them by herself. These were different mountains than the ones up north. As she followed the mountain range she came past a pack. She was unaware that her sister Leta resided there, and that her family had connections with them as well. The pale female floated past their borders like a ghost, unseen and unheard.

However, one thing didn't go unnoticed by the female. She scented Derg. Her heart leaped. The man had made quite an impact on her. His kindness from their first meeting to him traveling to Easthollow to tell her that they were relocating. She kind of understood the hint now that he really did genuinely want to see her again, if only she had not been so insecure herself to question him. And while she didn't feel like she was the best tracker, she had a newfound determination to see him again.

The pale female tracked him all the way through the mountains, it was easier to track their scent or any other passing marks in the desolate mountains. The girl was glad for her thick coat that protected her from fur plucking winds, and icy colds. She made it over the mountains, so far she had never been from home. Her legs were weary. She tried to hunt, but with tired legs, there was little she did catch. How relieved she was when she came upon that familiar scent of their border. She didn't want to call it home, but to have their scent so strongly in her nose felt so relieving. If Dreg was out again, she might actually kill him or it might even kill her. She howled for him, longing but weak. She was clearly not meant to be a lone wolf.
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He wasn't out.
He was indeed, very much at home.
His day had been filled with mooching and hunting. Today was his day off. Especially after Moonspear.
It was a good job he'd chosen this day too.

His mind had been filled with thoughts. Arlette. How could she be on his mind so often? He...had never felt this way for a woman. Barely even for a man.
Her soft gaze, her little side looks, that cute little smile. Ugh. He stood, moving off to hunt again.
Her soft fur, her scars.
Her howl.

Wait, what?
His ears pressed towards the sound and he spurred towards it at a quick trot. Was he imagining things? Was this some sort of trick? A lookalike?​ (Well soundalike but whatever)
But no.
As the trees started to thin, there she stood. Waiting, hoping. Praying that he was here too.
"Arlette," he breathed as he neared. She'd found them. Gods, he realised now that he would have gone looking for her soon enough.
He dipped his head, aiming to gently press it against her. He wanted to bundle her up in hugs and kisses, welcoming her into his arms...but he didn't know if she'd feel the same way.
Though after the night he'd returned...
No, that was because he was hurt. And she was worried and felt bad. Right?
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette kept low to the ground. Mostly because she was tired, but she also didn't want to disrespect anyone. Her bushy tail started to wag faster when she heard someone approach. She was not met with disappointment this time. There was the man that made her smile in months on that day they first met. He had the same effect on her now. Perhaps one of the biggest she had ever given him, along with a happy squeak that she didn't mean to let out. Her ears flopped back as they usually would. "Derg!"

When he got close she realized how much of a mess she really was. Her paws muddy and worn. Her fur was tangled and dirty. She pushed her nose up as he brought his face closer. Her nose bumping into his. The fact that he came to her this quick and that he looked as happy to see her as she was happy to see him, made the girl a bit more confident. Her tongue darted out of her mouth for a quick, and perhaps cheeky, lick as their noses booped. She battered her red eyes up at him from her lower position. Would it be weird and stalkerish if she said she tracked him all through the mountains?

He was so handsome. She had been imagining how it would be to see him again, but this real picture was so much better. She couldn't help herself and shuttled forward and snuggled herself against his chest, so relieved to see him. Perhaps he would push her off but she just needed this comfort after being out in the cold. His fur was surprisingly soft. She trembled softly, mostly in excitement. 'So glad I found you," she whispered then, pushing her face more into the thick fur on his neck.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
As he reached out for her, she expected his body to pass right through hers.
A ghost, illusion. But it didn't; her warmth met his.
That little squeak, the way her ears folded. She looked so cute, so small.
He just wanted to wrap her up, keep her safe.

Her tongue quickly touched his muzzle - Derg smirked. Then returned the shy kiss to her cheek before he bowed his head over her, tucking her in close to his chest, even going as far to place a paw over her. She was here now. Safe.
She trembled under him. Was she cold? He watcher closer, taking note of every detail of her body and posture. She'd lost condition since he'd first seen her -- anyone would when travelling alone. He was glad he'd been hunting for the best part of the day. 
"I'm glad too, love."
Love. A pet name, he supposed. It just...slipped from his lips. No bother, just play it cool. She wouldn't like him the same way, she just wasn't used to being alone for so long - away from her family.

"You're safe now."
He pressed his nose to the top of her head. She didn't seem hurt, just a little worn. But he had to make sure.
"No one hurt you right?" He pulled back as he asked to look into her eyes, looking to make sure she was being truthful.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
She had to smile a bit at the soft kiss she got in return. The female felt her heard beat quickly when she felt his paw around her. She leaned against him. At least he was happy to see her, even called her 'love'. But the male had been flirty with Dove as well. It didn't matter, she was just glad to be around him. He felt safe, and more like home than Easthollow had.

She shook her head. "No, everyone was very kind. There was a male that helped me through the forest. Though, that caused me to stray away from my intended goal but lucky would have it that I came past a pack in the mountains that had your scent. I-- tracked it,' she admitted then. She blushed, mostly because she didn't want to come across as a stalker.

"I would like to join your pack, if you would have me," she admitted. "I don't like being on the road alone, and your pack seems nice." She had met a few wolves and they all had been friendly to her. Sure, Kynareth had been different, but all had been kind. So she assumed that this pack would be a good fit for her.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Her words and eyes spoke the truth.
He trusted every word. No hint of darkness, only quiet contempt in her travel, it seemed.
She'd made it.
"I'm so proud of you," he beamed, the light making it all the way to his usually dull eyes.
It seems like she'd gone through quite enough to get here, and suffered just a little too. Nothing a few good meals wouldn't help with and perhaps a dip in the river.

She wanted to join? Even after Kynareth?
His head tilted slightly. He'd just have to protect her for a few days.
"Of course we'll have you."
As if she'd ever be denied. As if he'd let her be denied.
"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and fed." His tail waved softly. To think of having her here all the time! He couldn't be overwhelmed now.
He glanced backwards, wondering if anyone else had come to see the call. Though they might know now it was Arlette, and let him see her alone.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked up at him, her red eyes glinting curiously. He was proud of her. Proud of het for stalking him? Probably not. She did manage to go over these mountains by herself. It had been scary but her mind had mostly been on Derg. "Thanks," she whispered. It had been awhile since someone said they were proud of her. It did her well.

She wondered why he tilted his head when she said she wanted to join. Was that so strange? Perhaps it was, since the last time she denied them. Her tail started to wag excitedly. "Really?," she breathed and almost let out her embarrassing tippy taps. She managed to hold them in though. "That sounds really nice," she admitted and followed him over the border. This was really exciting to her. Never she had been with another pack.

"You should give me a tour of my new home as well," she returned, walking next to him. "That is this pack's name?," she asked curiously. "Perhaps I should know more about your pack. Do you have a some beliefs like mine?," she added to her list of questions.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He chuckled softly.
Her excitement was palpable; it made him want to tippy tap too.
Though he too held himself in. If only for just a little longer.
This was so exciting!

She smiled softly. He was glad to make her feel at home.
He started towards a cache he'd filled up recently, walking at her pace.
He wanted to last in these moments with her forever, even if it was a little nippy.
"I'll give you a tour once you fed and rested, dear." He smiled softly. He wasn't about to drag her around when she had yet to meet everyone.
And if they tried to lay a paw on her - they'd lose it.

"Ah, we're the Saints of the Dying Light," he didn't recall telling her, and never bothered to check with Kynareth. He hoped that she hadn't heard anything bad about them. And if she tried to run now to tell someone of their new location...it wasn't worth thinking about.
He wouldn't be able to do the job.

"Kynareth belives in unity and war. I do too, I suppose, but that means you will have to be able to defend yourself. There are many who want to...hurt us."
It would explain their move.
And probably everything else she might have heard.
"But personally? My family had the belief that everything in the world was controlled by The Mother, and she decided the fate of every creature on the planet." Pretty simple really. No sacrifices, funny words, or fancy shit. They despised others, and it wasn't considered a religion, more of an explanation. 
"What are your beliefs?" He doesn't recall her mentioning any
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette followed him across the border. She curiously looked around and tried to sniff things here and there. It was clear that this was Derg's pack. She was kind of excited that she would smell like him. Her ears perked up and flushed happily when he called her dear. She liked the pet names actually. She hummed happily and nodded. She wouldn't mind a meal. It had been awhile.

She was surprised about the name. "So long!," her first reaction was. The saints, well that sounded good. They seemed they were nice wolves then if they were Saints. She failed to read into the second part of the name. "That I do know, you were hurt by Ursus that last time," she spoke and check over him to see if he was still injured. He seemed okay. "But Ursus hates everyone it seems," she sighed. "I-- I don't really know how to defend myself," she admitted. "Guess I will stay in the territory," she muttered.

"The mother?," she asked curiously. It sounded like something her mother would believe in. "Well, my pack believed in family values, and how loved ones of the past can give advice by what they stood for," she spoke. But she felt that her mother didn't even obey to those values, since she had not been very familial towards her. "I don't think they are my beliefs really. I don't know what I truly believe."
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He chuckled, tail waving.
A weight lifted from his shoulders. She hadn't heard of them. Hadn't heard of their deeds.
His eyes shuttered briefly, ready to drop to his knees in glee.

His pace picked up a little, a very light jog to see if she'd join his pace. Just so they can get to the inner cache quicker. He didn't want her on the outskirts - he wanted her safe in the heart of his home.
"Ursus is worse than Kynareth," he muttered. 
They perhaps didn't fuck anything in sight - at least not with their genitals - amongst other things. But Ursus were just hostile. They could at least play with their food.

"I'll protect you here Arlette, there is no Ursus here."
No Ursus, and any who decided to attack a lone female out on a venture will be hunted, slaughter, and strewn on the borders. He smiled to her, "Of course you can leave, dear, I'll go with you if you need me to." He grinned, watching her. He wanted to see some light in her eyes. She was not trapped here -- that's why they moved.

But then she asked about his beliefs.
He hummed and nodded. What she believed in - or lack thereof - sounded strange. More like policies than anything.
"You don't have to believe anything. You can just live and accept," he grinned again. Hoping to give her comfort in that.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked at him, and nodded with a sad look in her eyes. Ursus was really bad. They had hurt her family a lot, and she disliked to think that they were still under that thread. Even though, she wasn't on good terms with her mother she didn't want her life to be completely miserable. She perked up a bit. "Yeah, that is definitely the good thing about this place," she agreed. She was definitely far away from home.

"I do like you joining me," she admitted, without any shame this time. She felt that she established that she liked him. When the topics moved onto beliefs she slowly nodded. "I know. I was just curious how you see the world," she spoke, a soft smile on her lips. His grin was dazzling to her. She felt her heart flutter. She definitely wanted him to smile more at her like that. "I am not sure what I believe, but I do know that I think life will be good here. Better." Especially if she was able to hang out with Derg more. Though she could understand if the overseer was busy.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Her look was painful to see.
She still cared about Easthollow clearly, even if she didn't feel loved by them.
Arlette had a big heart. Bigger than his, for certain.

He nodded softly. Far away from danger. Close to him, where it was safe.
He drifted closer, giving her a soft shoulder bump. You're free Arlette.
"I'm glad you think so, love." This would be a better world. A safe one for her children.
He blinked. Children?

He slowed, delving into a cache at the base of a tree.
What did he think of children? They were cute little whippersnappers, sure. He didn't want any. Never thought of it at least. Did she want them? Who with?
Not Kynareth.

He pulled a fresh pheasant from the ground. Perfect. He'd clear the feathers away later so the cache wouldn't be found. He nudged the bird to Arlette, inviting her to tuck in.
"I've already eaten," he stopped her from refusing before she had the chance.
It was what her nature seemed to be.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette hummed softly when he shoulder bumped her. The female smiled at him. In fact, she couldn't stop smiling. The female had not smiled for months but ever since Derg had listened to her and made her feel like she was someone, the female was starting to return more to her softer smiling side. Perhaps one day he would even see her giggly side. Her red eyes were warm when looking up. "Do you call everyone 'love' or is that one especially for me?," she dared to ask. She felt her heart skip a beat when she realized she actually asked that out loud.

She was glad for the meal, she was extremely hungry. She hadn't eaten since tracking Derg, as she didn't want to lose his scent. She eagerly moved to the bird. She nodded when he said he had eaten. Arlette tried to keep her table manners at bay but soon she was attacking the meal with hungry bites. She realized she handed taken care of herself very well, that was embarrassing. She kind of wanted to show him that she could take care of herself. "Thank you. I really don't deserve all your kindness," she spoke. "I will make it up to you," she promised.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
She was a different wolf to the one he'd met in the beautiful glade.
The mourning widow seemed so fragile then, but now, she was so bold.
So genuine, like a diamond reflecting lanternlight in a mineshaft. 

Arlette. The name rolled around in his mind rent-free.
Her image hung above the fireplace. Arlette.

"That one is just for you," he smiled softly. She deserved it. She'd been through so much. Hell, how old even was she? Younger than him certainly. Perhaps just a year older than Keen ... Derg was never good at guessing.

He let her eat in peace, not staring to her so she doesn't feel anxious or anything like that. Women were funny sometimes like that, he never cared for it. Nor did Grezig for that matter.
He licked his lips, turning back to her.
"You deserve the world." He gazed at her with adoration filling his eyes.
"You have nothing to make up, love, you are all I need for thanks." He smiled, drifting closer and touching his nose to her.
Oh, she was so beautiful. She smelt like wildflowers too.

He wanted to care for her. Wanted to make sure she was forever safe and well.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette flushed when he plainly admitted that the nickname was just for her. She felt bashfulness settle over her with his attention. She had to admit that it was nice though, the attention she got from the male. It was even nicer because she realized that it was from a male she wanted attention from. Arlette had made some big steps already in her mourning process. Kaito was not forgotten, but she also knew that she had to surround herself with wolves that did make her happy. Derg was definitely in the number one spot with that.

Arlette took a big bite and was chewing on it when he turned around. She swallowed her food at his statement. She kind of looked at him in wonder. She was so forward, different from Kaito. She liked it. It made her unable to compare them, as they were so different. "You are silly, I don't," she returned. "But that is sweet of you to say," she added and kept her keen red eyes on him. "I really do wonder what you see in me. Just my presence can't be nearly enough for you. I want to return the favor," she commented.

With the male so open about his feelings for her the female started to realize that she had gained some confidence because of that. She felt more confident to feel. It also painted a very different picture to Arlette and how Derg could be. But the pale female was falling harder for the male. She watched him as he stepped closer. As his nose was brought closer she dared to lick it again. "I'm serious though. I want to help, especially you," she hummed.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Why did she not have faith in herself?
Was this just how she was, or did someone do this to her? Hurt her feelings so badly that she couldn't believe that she was wanted?
His eyes watched with a settled coldness for just a moment.
How could anyone do such a thing to Arlette?

He shook his head softly, the light returning to his gaze.
He wouldn't fight her on it. She'd see.

"You can return the favour by patching me up when I get my ass beat," he chuckled softly, tail swishing. She's not as innocent as he thinks. Or, rather, as she puts on.
Maybe he'd notice it at some point.
"And to put that big oaf Kynareth in his place," he grinned with a wink. He was unrightfully mad at Arlette for that, and it would be a big statement if she could get him to apologise; or not flirt with her.
He didn't want to fight the grandmaster, but he certainly would over Arlette.

"You can also keep me company when I'm working," his grin turned softer as he lay down a few paces away. He wondered what she'd think of that.

|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette showed him a big grin. "I like that," she agreed with him. "Wait no. I don't want you to get injured!!!," she let out shocked and looked at him with a frown. "You should just stay out of fights and not get injured," she decided for him, little did she know that it wasn't that easy for Derg. "But if you get injured I will," she commented.

'Oaf?," she said with wide eyes, but then saw that he was kidding. She would never dare to say that about him. She chuckled softly. Arlette tipped her head. "What kind of work do you do?," she asked curious. "I wouldn't mind keeping you company you are fun to be around." Especially with all those compliments he was giving her.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Her concern seemed so pure and...refreshing.
 The rest of the Saints just hummed and nodded. It was always just another day. But, for Arlette, the only time she's truly had pain was likely when she got her scars.

"I fight better now than when I got this." He lifted a paw to gesture to his face - and the gruesomely mangled skin.
At least she agreed to help.

Derg chuckled softly, tail wagging. He doubted she'd heard many speak like that, but to be told to do so herself, perhaps out of the question. He smiled softly, "I like to hunt, but my time is taken up by talking to Kynareth and trips to other packs and such. We should go soon, visit that Kingslend to the west."
Showing her other cultures and packs would be good for Arlette.
"Of course, you're now a new priority." He certainly would aid her every call and plea.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette studied his scars for a moment. He spoke that he fought better now he had the scars than before. She wondered why? Because he knew the pain? Because he knew how to defend it. She curiously tipped her head. "Why is that?," she asked then. She didn't even see his scars. Even with the scars he was very handsome to her. A way of strength, that he had survived. So weird that she didn't think the same about her own scars.

"I like that! Maybe I can be an ambassador for the pack, or something!," she offered. Clearly clueless that she was the complete opposite of what they wanted for this pack. "I like going with you," she admitted and wagged her tail. Her head tipped cutely. Though she wasn't complaining because she wouldn't mind Derg's first priority. "As long as you don't get in trouble," she commented.