Noctisardor Bypass congratulations. you have found a waste-bin
7 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
A familiar scent interrupts his travels, one he'd never thought to encounter again. His sister — his favorite sister, actually, in his own odd sort of way. He'd liked her fire, her drive. Now, with the passage of time and distance, she's little more than a stranger to him, yet the tie of their blood changes his course nonetheless. The pack here is small, not quite the empire he might have imagined his sister ruling. These lands are strange, however; even his companion agrees. Perhaps she could use a familiar figure to help, one forged of the same steel as herself. If not, a reunion will suffice. He tips his head back and calls for @Arbiter as he reaches the borders, settling in patiently to wait for her arrival.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Could she get a replay on that? The voice had called for her, ok, she was sure about that part, but she was awfully certain that voice was familiar. A ghost of her past, perhaps. Mostly because of the way the Teekons were, she assumed it'd be some wolf she'd met before briefly, that the familiarity was overblown. Still, she would go and see.

But no, the wolf that sat and waiting there was far more close a companion -- or had been in the past. Agent. Look, of her littermates, he was the one she'd much rather run into. Her sister? Oh hell no, she was not gonna tolerate her at all right now. So of all options, Agent was best. Still, aside from the fact that here was a face she could at least count on to act relatively predictably (for at least certain definitions of predictable), there was also the question as to why. Chance? She'd been first out, so she didn't know if Law had gone back and said anything (he hadn't, as far as she knew) or what. 

Still, best to temper expectations -- enough things had gone wrong that she wasn't keen on being positive, not that she was particularly an optimist, realist would be more likely, pessimist now. A slight wave of her tail, a tilt of her head, Wasn't expecting you to be dropping by. What brings you? She wouldn't wish for any particular answer, it'd jinx any she might happen to want.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
7 Posts
Ooc —
Agent dips his head, not in obligation but respect for the rank she has achieved for herself. Her question is expected, met with a fleeting, wry half-smile. Chance, He answers, unknowingly echoing Arbiter's thoughts. I'll stay awhile, if you'll have me. Recruit for your pack. I always thought leadership would suit you. The words are cool and to the point, clearly laying out his intentions in his typical indirect manner. I can tell you're struggling lurks behind the words, and I'm here to help, but these aren't sentiments Agent is accustomed to expressing. So he offers what he knows.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Chance. Chance was an odd thing, wasn't it? It was a fickle beast, more willing to bite than not. At some point one of these times when it seemed to be going her way, it needed to actually stick not suddenly yank things the other direction. Would that ever be the case? She would like to think so, but knew that a flip of a coin would always be a 50/50 shot. That's just how the world was. Mm. At least I don't have to go through the whole process of figuring out how useful you'd be. Unless something's changed? A tilt of her head. She could be nice and abstract too. It was kind of an invitation for him to say what he'd been up to, at least. She took a couple of steps back, inviting him across. They could chat as they walked into the territory.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
7 Posts
Ooc —
He follows her invitation, physically and within the conversation. No. I've spent my time traveling, perfecting my craft without the burden of responsibility, but I remember the weight of it well. It is high time I put my skills to use again, His explanation is brief, mired in the metaphorical as is his nature. A pause, and he adds, I believe my traveling companion would be of use to your pack, as well. Perhaps a more permanent addition, but I will not speak for him. Tell me more of this empire you are building for yourself. He'll need to know how to explain it to Sergio, after all, when the two cross paths again. It won't be a long wait. It never is.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
A slight nod of her head. See, she trusted her brother to quest for improvement. It was in their breeding. But apparently he had a friend? Hm. Okay. A sniff at him -- yes, there was another scent there. Well, you'll have to tell me about him as well.

Anyway, about her own pack. Legion is different than our father's pack -- at least on one side of things. The ranks are split -- those who tend physical and versus those who are scholarly. I find here in these valleys there are a lot more wolves that he'd describe as soft. And there's nothing more frustrating than being stuck ranking beneath one of those when you know that you could easily thrash if you challenged them. So instead, everyone can just focus on competing with those who are relevant. I want it to encourage improvement. But perhaps they needed more competition. Probably. But finding other wolves hadn't worked out. Perhaps they were just too far from everyone else out here. Maybe blame Ursus for making things unwelcoming. But the loyalty and respect I expect should be familiar, but without as much built-in sadism. Devil had his name for a reason, after all.
7 Posts
Ooc —
He meets her explanation with a nod of his own, thinking for a moment before he responds. Legion. I like it. My friend would fit in well here. Sergio. He highly prefers Gio, There's a hint of stony snark to the statement, a callback to his deeply-rooted dislike of nicknames. Growing up, he'd never used them. Age has softened him in this regard; now he values his friend's comfort far more than his own annoyance with the utter butchering of the name he was given. He is competent and reliable. Older than we are. Traditional, but flexible. He can follow orders. Agent could go on, but he does not; Sergio has proven himself a worthy traveling companion, a good friend, but the depth of his affection for the man is best left unspoken. If that interests you, I can seek him for introductions later. Now — do you have a task for me? Part of him itches for it; it's been far too long.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Gio? Yeah, Arbiter was also particularly formal. It sounded silly, but whatever, he wasn't a Dokuga so it wasn't like whoever named him had something big in mind, most likely. I could do with a few more wolves that prove themselves to be competent. She flicked an ear. It was always easier to go and just review wolves that had already been checked out by someone. She probably did trust those that were vetted by her brother rather than her son more though. Find him, she agreed.

It didn't take her long to think something up -- it had kind of been on her mind as an impossibility a while back, now it seemed less so. When you've settled and are ready, there's some wolves abroad that might be good to get back in contact with. They were old allies -- sort of. I only met one wolf from there myself and he didn't make the greatest impression, but apparently their leader was a better person. She left out Terance. For now at least. She knew it sounded weird, too, but avoiding the subject and explanations was easier for now.

We've moved farther and farther from them. So we haven't spoken to them in... Years? It's time to check in. It wasn't like she'd had time to go out there herself -- and it was against her nature for the most part, she was always one who stuck close to home. I can tell you more about them and what messages should be sent. And another thing or two I'd like you to check on while on the way. Was that enough of a task? Probably.