Stavanger Bay And heard the sweetest sound,
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Still within the waters, Umbra lurked into the sea. All but her shoulder and head were submerged into the abyss, as cautious eyes focused to beneath. When a ripple was to be seen, so small and light, her dark head immediately dived into it's depth. Upon emerging did she carry but a single fish. Her fangs, crushing to cease movement, and with strength of the sea gods, did she flung it upon the beach with others. 

Three hung to the shore, and she aimed for two more.

143 Posts
Ooc —
The scent of blood was what attracted him. Though minuscule, the man had a sharp nose—his days of scavenging had honed the skill further. He broke away from his usual patrol route and allowed his senses to guide him.

As he ventured onward, his attention was caught by distant silvery shapes, which glinted in the light. Tahoe squinted, identifying them as fish. Dead fish, collected intentionally upon the shore. He spotted movement in the water, giving him the whereabouts of the hunter. She came to add to her collection with one—momentarily airborne—fish more. The wolf’s scent was not foreign to him; he had encountered it numerous times along the borders. Tahoe emitted a low woof in greeting as he neared, gaze focused on her black form as he approached.
[Image: 3mHVCR-I7kLGqw7uPKuGBbUzDw9xLSEZi4v_D18o...uE8HfK.png]
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
When her head resurfaced from the water with her fourth fish, her ears had flickered to the sound of a low greeting toward her direction. White eyes faced the man toward the beach, and while at the movement she only smelled fish and salt; it can be concluded he was part of Ironclan. One would not easily approach her cache of the sea, nor' simply entered a claim land.

She strode out of the water, dropping the fourth one within her pile. She approached the scarred man, and only uttered, "Ironclan?"

Though, the Sealord was prepared if he was not.

143 Posts
Ooc —
The woman—drenched—came and met him swiftly. She carried with her a fish, though left it behind in the grouping of its dead kin. Her inquiry was merely a word:

"Ironclan?"

He nodded in reply—assuming the same was true for herself. Yeah, He answered, laconic—choosing not to explain himself unless she cared enough to ask. Then, gestured vaguely to her little stash of fish. These for the cache?
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Suspicions were true, she internally gloated at the fact that the kraken was right. There was also no need for an attack, but at the same time she was bit saddened at the factor. Majority who visited Ironclan's claim were but visitors, or missed their scent; otherwise they joined. There wasn't too many intruders where Umbra could release some anger-

She thought to seek out Wintersbane later on the matter.

"Yes. Do you know how to fish?" She'd simply find him shameful, if a man by the sea did not know.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Of course.He drawled. Fishing in the ocean had been a rather new experience, but not too different from lakes. The ocean waves were a much fiercer adversity to navigate, he’d have to put more practice in to master the skill. He was just a little rusty, is all. Now seemed like a good time to try and improve; perhaps his packmate could teach him a thing or two as well.

Hope you don' mind if I join ya, Tahoe didn't give her the opportunity to decline, instead giving a nod before continuing past her, wading into the ocean.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Satisfied, she wasn't pleased if wolves not familiar with waters were to join a Clan near the ocean. Moor seemed one, and she still held some suspicions on O'Mally, but for Tahoe, he was able to prove himself at the motion. She lifted a paw and motioned it to the waves, "I do not mind, I would like to see how you do."

Commanding as so, she waited for him to enter. Umbra would remain by the beach, watching his abilities.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Suit yourself. He replied plainly, brow furrowed as he watched her speak. With a small shrug, he went forth, sucking in a breath as he entered the frigid sea. Today, the waters were thankfully not turbulent and gave him less trouble than expected as he began to paddle farther out. 

Once he reached his estimated dive point, he slipped below the waves. He was under for what seemed like a small eternity. Finally, he broke the surface with a splash, the tail of a slippery fish clasped in his jaws. It was not the most convenient restraint, the fish used every ounce of energy it had to cause grievance, repeatedly smacking him and thrashing in the water as they floated. Instead of letting go, the stubborn man only became more vexed and bit down harder. He put up with his quarry's efforts to escape as he swam the distance back to shore. Water streamed from his fur as he set foot on solid terrain, the wriggling fish continuing to thrash while being suspended by the tail. Passing the woman, he strode farther inland before dropping the crazed creature, which flopped with ebbing vigor upon the sandy beach. Without haste, he gave his drenched pelt a shake, then calmly snatched up the fish once again. This time he got a much better grip, crushing it harshly in his jaws. Once it went limp, he trotted over and added it to the pile. 

He looked over to her, delivering a dry jest. Entertained?
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"It is good to know how." She nodded while he hunted within the waves, watching the man disappear, and return into the air with a fish in his maw. Already, he gained a bit of the Sealords approval, for she valued skills in the ocean quite high. Anyone who did not know either will be given harsh lessons, or will be seen out of the clan by her own doing. She cared little to member numbers if it meant unworthy allies.

"Have you ever hunted a sea lion?" She hummed slightly, asking the question as stormy-eyes peered beyond, to where the lions normally lay.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Sea lions she called them. He had no idea what a lion was, but by elimination he deduced there was no way he'd hunted one; he'd only ever hunted crabs and fish. Unless it actually was a type of fish, though the prefix of sea seemed redundant for an exclusively aquatic animal. The only other animal he could recall by the sea were the fish-dogs. He'd encountered a swath of them cover the entire shoreline during the summer. He investigated them briefly, but lost interest. They were big, loud things. Constantly barking, sparring, or the exact opposite—sunbathing. By the looks of their teeth, they were obvious carnivores. Carnivore meat didn't have same taste as herbivore; being on the brink of starvation had taught him that.

Haven' tried. You? He answered.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"They are fattening, can be savored for many." Taste was not important, but use to her. Sea Lions were strong creatures, especially the Alpha of them all. They were not to be taken lightly alone, and only to be hunted no less then four wolves. Perhaps with three but a small one, but Umbra was greedy for the bigger males.

"There will be a day we hunt them, they are up on the coast" The kraken so declared with confidence.

143 Posts
Ooc —
They are up on the coast. Ah, so they were the fish-dogs. Sea lion was a much more formidable name, but it seemed well-earned. He recalled their brutal fights during summer once more, one wolf absolutely stood no chance against such a beast—at least against the big ones. The skinnier ones seemed quick enough to escape into the sea and not as aggressive. The concept itself of hunting such an odd creature seemed complex, no other creature compared in stature. He didn’t close himself off to idea, however. Maybe the effort to catch one would be worth it. If their hunt was unsuccessful, he could always help with locating an elk herd.

I’ll be sure not’ta miss it. Anythin’ else? He spoke, taking up a fish from the pile, preparing to soon go cache it.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
fade?

"No. Just follow me for a patrol." She enjoyed the company of Tahoe, despite only recently meeting. He seemed like a diligant man, one that would bring an ironwill to the Clan that Wintersbane so desired, perhaps more over time. She valued talent and loyalty, and hoped he would give both in the end.

Though with the talk of fishing now dull, she told him to join her on the patrol.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Fading here! <3

Though he had completed the majority of his daily patrol, he did not mind accompanying the woman for another. Nor did he mind her phrasing—an order rather than an offer. By his own free will, did he decide to go along. 

Lead the way. He uttered through his full mouth, sticking to her side.