Deepwood Weald Damsel needing forest guide
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 
Arlette was looking for Rusalka, for Derg. Apparently, her sister Keen was there. She knew from Wintersbane that it was northwest from the creek they met. So she was trying to do just that. Go northwest. Arlette came across a forest, and while she knew it was harder to navigate, she didn't expect it to be this difficult. The female moved quietly through the ferns. The lights seemed to come from different directions. She stopped to study it. But with stopping to take a look at the light made her realize that she had no clue in which direction she was going. The female felt a bit worried for a moment. She felt exposed all alone.

Her mind turned to Derg, she hoped that his injuries were alright and healing. She had not gone with him and his pack but now she regretted this decision. Derg's pack, which she still didn't know the name of, had been the first pack she had come across after leaving Easthollow. Arlette just hadn't been sure Derg liked her back seeing him so flirty with Dove. Kynareth also had been upset with her that his Overseer was injured. It just felt like a bad start. But, the female missed Derg. She missed how she felt around him.

Arlette had continued to walk, after all, if she kept walking she had to get out of this forest eventually. She also thought about Stjor, he was also founding his own pack. He was very kind to her. Another nice male she met. Stjor reminded her about Kaito with him explaining things she doesn't know anything about. It was too fresh, and the fact that she didn't understand their language that well made her uncertain, that, along with that dark brother of his. So her mind turned back to Derg. He was different, and perhaps different was good for her. She felt a pit in her stomach, not just from hunger. She would have to find him.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Alizarin would be a fool if he stayed by the sea. He should know that Eartha and her crew would be looking for him, and the first place they'd look would naturally be the coast. After all, they'd found him once there before—right? The red boy didn't strike him as a fool, and so Vulcan went inland, leaving the open salt air for the cover of forest.

For a long while, there was naught but generic woodsy sounds as he traveled down the paths, eyes slowly adjusting to the dimmer light. But pawsteps and the unmistakable scent of wolf brought the realization that he was, in fact, not alone in here. 

She appeared a short while after he'd scented her, a vision in white, and—oh, daaaamn. Marked with some gnarly scars; she must be a fighter. And she was young, too, probably around his own age. Vulcan gave her a smile that gleamed even in the shadows, his seaglass eyes glimmering. 

He was no threat. . .well, unless she presented one. But perhaps she could be of use.

Good mornin', miss! he greeted warmly, plumed tail wagging along with his words.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette snapped from her thoughts when a stronger wolf scent came her way. She stiffened and her red gaze quickly found the one that was approaching her. A dark colored male. Arlette didn't want him to know she had been sunken in thought. She lifted her head a bit to look more confident than she was. The male greeted her kindly, almost warmly. She hadn't expected it, so she relaxed a bit.

She was unaware that others might think of the scars that she was a fierce warrior. To her, it was so obvious that she was not, that it never crossed her mind. The girl dipped her head quietly. "Goodday," she greeted him. The girl wasn't hiding her scars anymore. Stjor and Derg had made sure of that, and perhaps Wintersbane as well. All the wolves she had met so far had admired her scars and admired her for surviving. It was weird to start believing it. "Are you familiar with these woods perhaps?,' she asked him then.
9 Posts
Ooc —
He chuckled, breath misting a little on the chilly air. Well, not really, he admitted, shrugging. I just came in here on my way inland. But. . .we could retrace my steps, see if we could get you out of here? 

The offer was on the table, and he gave her a placid, patient look, waiting for her response. For all her scars, she seemed nice enough. Maybe the fury was only activated in times of danger or distress. He probably didn't want to find out the hard way.

Okay, that was wrong. He wanted to find out the hard way, but he probably shouldn't.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette raised her brows when the male was so honest with her that he was not familiar with this forest. It surprised her, this honestly. Then again she wasn't sure if this male was really going to help her, or be able to help her. But perhaps two were better than one. She was glad she wasn't all alone here. "Do you happen to know Rusalka?," she asked him curiously, maybe he was aware of the pack then he could send her in the right direction at least.

"Perhaps we should. What direction did you come from?," she asked him. He had a different scent on his fur, one she hadn't scented before. She didn't think it was a pack perse, but it was different than what she sniffed out before.
9 Posts
Ooc —
He had settled into a nice, easy gait when her voice brought him to a standstill. Rusalka. It rang in his ears like church bells, and it took him a moment to find his tongue again, turning to stare at her. Rusalka? he confirmed, his brows arcing high. I've heard of 'em. What brings you out here seekin' 'em out?

Ah, this could be it. This could be the valuable intel they needed. Vulcan suppressed a giddy grin, thinking about how proud Eartha would be that he had seized the means to give her what she wanted.

If they found Rusalka, they would find the ones who'd wronged his captain. Blood would be shed. Vengeance would be theirs.

I came from the seashore, Vulcan replied, trying to keep his nose trained on the path he'd taken as he began to forge ahead once more, careful not to leave her too far behind. I'm lookin' for a friend of mine that might be around these parts. But I've had no luck on the coast.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
By the way the male looked, he seemed to know more about them than he led on. Arlette assumed that at least. "A friend was part of their pack a long time ago, but he lost them. So when I heard from another wolf he was from Rusalka I tried to find them for him," she explained. "As he helped me I wanted to make him happy and help him."

The girl walked along with him. "I don't now where they are, he said North East. But I've been going north-east for awhile," she added. "And this damn forest keeps me from telling me where to go," she sighed.

She looked over him. "I've heard a lot of the sea. I've never been there, seen it," she admitted. "Maybe one day," she smiled. "I'm also looking for a friend while traveling, haven't found her yet. Who are you looking for? Maybe I will run into them."