Nova Peak I've got reservations about so many things, but not about you.
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
  A RO because I am so behind and need to get this into Stag's threadlog -- I made some assumptions so whack me if they are wrong <3 If you feel your character would respond feel free to tuck a reply here, I'll leave this open for a bit.

Stag came upon @Phaedra with tears matting his cheeks and a sense of woeful treason curdling his stomach. It was not at all how he'd envision he'd approach her. He imagined he'd be quiet and calm, that she'd protest and hate him and he would keep his composure throughout the ill-fortuned meet, but the closer to Phaedra's den he got, the more his composure unraveled.

He brought her a silken rabbit pelt, with a little stone hidden inside. The stone was a coarse grey, boasting a chipped-away facade with an ammonite fossil curled between flecks of mica and limestone. He'd found it several weeks before and had been meaning to place it somewhere in her garden, but now it would be the last thing he ever gave her and that brought him close to bawling.

He left Phaedra feeling no better. If anything, he left her feeling a husk -- and it was then he went to @Mahler. By the time he reached the general, his cheeks were dry and his expression somber. His iron-bound general would know, the moment he saw Stag, why the boy had come. Stag kept the meeting brief, terse -- feeling again both the betrayer and the betrayed as he left.

Finally, his mother.. There was no sweeter, bitter sting than the sting Stag felt when he told @Takiyok of his plans to leave in the morning with @Wylla. Stag had naively hoped his mother would come along - but he understood too, the duty one felt to stay behind.

Turning back for his den, Stag felt foreboding close its cold fingers around his throat. This would be the last time he ever slept in Sagtannet; the last time he heard the ancient groan of stone overhead, of the chatter of chipmunks in the trees, of the brilliant sunset that often painted the entire mount in scarlet ombre.

In the morning, he'd leave and this would be but another closed chapter in his young life.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.