Hoshor Plains Where my Paws take me
261 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
feel free to jump in
looking for spars with her mostly but a friendly RP is welcome too or any type of RP really.

Black pads kissed the earth again and again, though leaves were falling and the path ahead was unbroken each steps was as silent as the owl flys. She practiced this skill everyday all day, So ghosting through the night would be second nature. However right now it was high noon though autumn allowed for long travel without the need to rest, like one had to in the summer heat.

Whrist was making her way across the teekon wilds, getting a good eyeful of the lands and wolves on her way through. So far she had not had good luck with the locals and she didn’t care, She didn’t need to make friends she needed to hone her body and her skills she needed to get stronger in order to be useful to her pack, she felt there was something coming on the horizon and she was going to know these lands and know her limits if it killed her, and well it might if she kept up her stream of luck.

She glanced around the area she found herself in and halted with a gasp this was the first time she saw a bison. So much bigger then a deer, now she just had to have one!! Not that she could take one on her own, maybe she’d bring a party here later. For the moment she stood watching the beasts graze unable to move further or tear her eyes from the pray that could likely turn killer, she couldn’t help but grin.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aliana’s patrol extended beyond the borders of Kaistleoki, and lands though not claimed was given an occasional once over every few days. So, of course, she had to come to the Plains eventually. After all, this is, possibly, where the Hig Hunt she was has been planning for a while could happen. Having some meat in the caches before Winter falls is better than having to worry about them later. Well, that and these were Pack Hunting grounds, unofficially, but still, a place to keep an eye on. And with Winter around the corner, they couldn’t afford to lose a resource such as the Plains.

So, imagine her surprise—once she surmounted one of the large slopping hills perching at its peak—to see a black wolf standing amongst the yellowing grass. Aliana didn’t want to jump to conclusions, she didn’t think that black she-wolf would cross the mountains or that their paths would cross once more…. But at the same time, she didn’t want to just throw that idea out the door and she didn’t want to take that chance. These were Kaistleoki Hunting grounds, unofficially or not, that very right sent her loping down the hill and towards the stranger. Depending on who they were, how they act, and where they hail from, she would eagerly bare her fangs to chase them out and away from this place.

Though she usually approaches possible new faces with a friendly front, she found herself barely able to put up the front at the moment. Her hackles bristled lightly, ears forward, and her tail raised, though not to its full height—it all showed that she wasn’t in the friendliest mood, but wasn’t unreasonable. 

You’re in Kaistleoki Hunting Grounds, stranger.  She spoke adamantly, announcing her presence if they didn’t already notice her hulking form striding down the hill with purpose,   I hope you’re only passing through.  Her posture wasn’t overbearing but it wasn’t subtle either—Friend or foe. Speak. Choose your words carefully and you will not meet my fangs.—was what it said. The lingering scent of the she-wolf had was odd, a Pack wolf possibly, but not one she knew of. And definitely not that of the She-wolf she had met in the meadow a moon or two ago, though that didn’t make her feel any better.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

261 Posts
Ooc —
all I ask at this time is no death and if you attack let me know if we are rolling or RPing it out :) sorry she decided on being a brat she was almost going to be nice then changed her mind, If your toon puts up with her all the power to your toons self control, I might be able to shove Whrist down and notch or two

The wind blew the scent of the bison clear across the fields and right up to her muzzle, She nearly closed her eyes to take in the scent and commit these beasts to memory. Oh how she wanted one she wanted to sink her fangs into their flesh, and find out if their blood tasted they way they looked.

Her grin faltered as her startlingly white blue gaze hardened and turned toward the source of the voice that so rudely interrupted her reverie Just as the wind had brought the scent of the bison to her so to had it hidden the scent of the stranger until they were far to close for her liking.

She wrinkled her nose, not quite baring her teeth and not quiet … not baring her teeth. She found her feminine voice was filling the air long before her mind had Oked the gesture “Really?? I don’t smell your piss bordering these lands, nor do I see or smell anything that would even remotely be considered a claim, outside of your pretty little words”

Finally she got ahold of her tongue but the damage was done, this! This was why she didn’t speak often, unless she had to, she oft found ways to inadvertently direct ire upon herself. She looked the stranger over as they moved toward her, she was as big as Nyra, what was it about this wilds that bred these monstrous wolves? Bigger was not always better. Alt least that’s what she kept telling herself in the face of all these brutes.

She sighed and turned her gaze back toward the bison her tongue running over her teeth and then her teeth clicking shut audibly as she kept the other in the peripheral vision, incase an attack was incoming she wanted to be able to move quickly. But she also wanted to seem indifferent toward the female brute, like the other wolf was no threat to be concerned by.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Dw Aliana doesnt attack unless provoked, attacked or if part of an enemy pack. Which Whist is , but Aliana hasn’t smelt a Saints wolf before so Whist is protected on that front. At best, she’ll do posturing, maybe nip at her if she doesn’t take the hint.

srry for the short post.

Her eyes narrowed, not in an aggressive way but in awatch itway. Fangs flashing briefly in silent warning at the She-wolf while she complained.

You are correct. Though these may not be claimed lands—they are still lands that Kaistleoki hunts upon. With Winter nipping at our hocks, I’m sure you understand that we need to make sure any resource we have is available to use is secure...  All while she talked, she made a quarter circle around the she-wolf, placing herself between the She-wolf and the view of the Bison,   If the roles were reversed, I’m certain you’d approach me with the same sentiment.  Though, most likely, not with the same restraint she’s showing now.

Aliana wasn’t blind, she noticed the black she-wolf was staring longingly at the Bison herd like they were prime meat ready to take. And the last thing, she wanted was for her and a hunting group to come out and find their Bison missing. She wanted her to take a hint: These were Pack Hunting grounds. She is free to pass through but linger no longer than that. And right now, she has overstayed her welcome.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

261 Posts
Ooc —
sorry I hit a road block and wrist was just not helpful she wanted to go in a few directions. But nothing that flowed nicely

Whrist watched the flash of white sizing them up, she knew the damage they’d do if they decided to attempt to rend her flesh, but her teeth were just as dangerous.

She followed the wolf keeping her front end in line with the other predator not allowing a flank shot. She remained silent through out the others small speech, non plussed at the females assumption, she wouldn’t have approached, she would have attacked first and asked questions later, with that thought her lips curved up into a tiny smirk.

Whrist couldn’t help be think about herding at least one bison all the way back the the pack land oh what would they think then. Hmm, that gave her an idea she wondered if this wolf would play along.

“How about a friendly spar? If you win I leave right now and don’t look back… but if I win..” Whrist smiled wickedly her eyes shone with anticipation “You help me hunt one, even just a small one, I don’t care which one, you could even pick” Her tail swayed just as little as she gave her a moment to digest the offer. Of course the brutish female could always just attack her outright and attempt to drive her off by force, but by doing that Whrist would then begin to harass the bison and she’d never leave willingly.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
All tags are just a lazy note for people to know deets lmao

With @Orlaith home now (keeping that convo/outcome vague until the thread completes), Hieronymous felt more comfortable to tread further away from the borders to seek out the missing troublemaker @Nutmeg. He had no nose to track her down, and after telling @Speedy, @Ira, Orlaith, @Howl, @Eshe @Lumiya and her husband @Dante about the wandering puppy - he set off to finally stretch his legs and of course, see if he could track her down himself. Ira had already lost two puppies before, the last thing she needed was Nutmeg giving her something more to worry about (even if those lost puppies were Speedy's and his dirty little secret). 

Upon his brief travels past Kaistleoki's very familiar borders, he wound up where he had found Kaistleoki residing originally. How this was the place where he had met Ira first, along with the others of the pack of course. Never would he have guessed that it was a temporary place and that the river was their true home. Still, this place felt like home. It was too familiar, he almost missed it - but with how happy the river made everyone happy, the place was growing on him still. It was rather beautiful after all. 

Catching sight of the two wolves, he approached rather quickly. One was familiar, a part of Kaistleoki he had yet to meet, and the other... was completely unfamiliar in any way. A stranger really - if only he could smell the Saints upon her skin, his hairs would be on end. Alas, since he could not, he approached with a casual smile, his stance proud and dominant only enough to display that he was here to support the Kaistleoki residence as he approached the brunette's side, catching just the end of what was proposed. 

I can't condone such a bargain. If I were, who am I to stop anyone else from doing the same in order to hunt here? He was not aggressive, but he would not back down either if she chose to argue with him.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
A part of Aliana wanted to just chase the She-wolf out of the plains. She didn't want to play her little game, all she wanted was for her to move on. Nothing more. But another part, the prideful part of herself, wanted to take up the She-wolf's challenge. To test her strength and show that the last few months in Kaistleoki were not in vain. 

Win or Lose—it'd be a learning experience. 

Win or Lose— she'd chase the She-wolf out of the Hunting Grounds whether by force or by winning.

If their first words were a bit friendlier Aliana may have just told her that these were Hunting Grounds under the claim of Kaistleoski, so she shouldn’t stay long in the area then be on her merry way. But instead, she yelled at her about how she didn't smell the fresh scent markers and now is trying to haggle her. Like she’d hunt one of their Bison with a stranger wolf—the nerve!

Another flash of fangs. Her mouth opened to speak but just before a word has been uttered, Hieronymous, the Constable, stepped in. She had barely noticed the Constable step in beside her since she was so focused on she-wolf. 

❝  I can't condone such a bargain. If I were, who am I to stop anyone else from doing the same in order to hunt here?  ❞ 

She glanced at the Constable before giving a subtle nod in agreement, looking to She-wolf with a firm look,   My Constable is right. If we let you bargain to hunt here, word will eventually spread then others will try to as well. I’m sorry but I’m afraid, I’m going to have to ask you to leave...  The last words that left her were rigid and resolute. 

If the Constable wanted to nose for some information out of the ebony She-wolf, Aliana wouldn’t stop him from doing so but she felt the She-wolf has overstayed her welcome. Her already solid stance becomes fiercer, fur bristling more. Not quite aggressive but it’s getting there. And with another Kaistleoskian with her, she had the number advantage. The She-wolf was mouthy...but she didn’t look dumb; she wouldn’t attack with the odds stacked against her.

261 Posts
Ooc —
assuming since you guys have not attacked and have not shown and inkling to, she’ll leave unmolested, Fade to black here for Whrist.

Whrist would not have put-up with her own insolence she would have attacked a wolf like herself on pure spite. Pretty words mean nothing after all, Teeth and cunning worked far better and the impressions lasted far longer.

Her eyes flicked to the newcomer knowing it heard the last of her words to the female as it, no he approached. Her white blues assessed the male clearly he was an alpha or beta of some sort, and the female easily deferred to him letting him take control and then mimicking his words like she had no brain in her head.

She still stood unmolested, did they think they could kept what was ‘unofficially’ theirs, with words alone. Apparently so, and indeed today they would, for the wolf who had approached was yet another of the gosh darn giants.

She had no more need to mince words with these beasts it would get her no where this day, but she’d be back. Oh the black femme worked hard at keeping her derisive snort from her face or lungs, instead she offered a barely imperceptible nod and a very neutral expression, she could laugh later. She turned and left placidly as far as they could tell.

Leaving both behind her and out of sight quickly. The black femme looked over her shoulder sniffing causally at a rock bordering the plains, lifted her leg like a male might and pissed. Laughing silently she was gone in an flurry of paws up the mountain and away from them and even further from her own pack for the time being, on her way back though she’d be sure to leave more gifts.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
He thought he was being rather polite to the strange woman who tried to wiggle her way into getting a meal off their prey. A rather understanding reason to decline the issued challenged to his fellow Kaistleoki inhabitant. Alas, it seems that his "kindness" wasn't reciprocated or even appreciated in any way. The rude woman chose not to say anything at all and began to make her way out of here. 

Not for the lack of a rude action taken place just within their sights.

Luckily for her, the wolves of the riverside pack understood many would come and go through these lands - they weren't officially claimed after all... but they would be rather protective over their prey - and so, at the action, Hieronymous simply stared, rolled his shoulders in a shrug and turned his attention onto Aliana. 

For her childish behaviour, let Ira, Speedy, and I know if you catch her anywhere near here again, okay? You did well. He smiled. The brunette had done well in catching the perpetrator as she did. Hiero was a rather relaxed kind of guy, but even to him there were certain behaviours he could not ignore - and that, just pinged him as some sort of Saints action, one of which a previous female of theirs would do to do the beach wolves.

Did you smell any pack scent on her? He was curious... it was suspiciously a lot like something that other Saints woman would do. A coward who never took no for an answer and would shit and piss all over others in a tantrum.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
A snort left Aliana as she watched the She-wolf give a somewhat stiff nod with such a neutral look, she’d as well been a boulder before turning and galloping away. She relaxed, fur smoothing down but her suspiciousness lingered. She was heading towards the mountains… Why? Her eyes narrowed questioningly—just what in the mountains did she need or more importantly, where was she going? 
Aliana wasn’t a Scout so she wasn’t going to waste her time tracking her, especially with a Rouge Bear on the loose. But she knew whatever the pack she came from, most likely she will pass through here again. Either because the Plains were a faster detour or to harass them and the Bison. This all boiled down to three words: 
What. A. Ass.

❝For her childish behavior, let Ira, Speedy, and I know if you catch her anywhere near here again, okay? You did well.❞

Aliana glanced at Hieronymous and nodded, I will, and thank you. When I spotted her, I noticed she was eyeing the Bison. All I did was say that these were Kaistleoki Hunting grounds and that I hope she was just passing through. No more. I wasn’t being aggressive. She threw a fit saying she didn’t smell any scent markings around and just overall being ignorant. Won’t be surprised if she crosses through again, just to be an ass. I have little patience for wolves like that...   

Next time, she might not give her the privilege of a warning. A good, sharp nip to the flank can get any wolf moving.

❝Did you smell any pack scent on her?❞

Aliana flicks a tongue over her thick nose,  remembering the scent,   Yeah, I did. It was subtle though. Either she’s left a pack several sun falls ago or she’s a scout that's been out for a while.   Maybe they should have asked what Pack she hailed from, but wouldn’t be surprised if she’d fabricated some kind of lie or just outright won't tell them. Her mother would have personally ground the information out of her, but Aliana wasn't her Mother.   She didn’t smell like Ursus though—I’d know the scent. It was another pack, one I haven't smelt before, personally. 

369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Some wolves are just impossible to reason with. He chuckled at Aliana's explanation of the situation. It was, unfortunately, an all too common trend. If she does, I will not judge you for not issuing a warning. Some never learn the first time. Nor would Hieronymous give her that warning should he find that dark woman lurking around looking for trouble. We aren't cruel, but between you and I, I have had it with rude and juvenile individuals. Someone has to teach them a thing or two. Playfully he winked after the last part was uttered. The way things were, some were simply not raised properly or not raised at all - too many orphans running around without being taught proper etiquette. 

Well at least it wasn't Ursus... but Ursus wasn't as big of a problem as another pack he was focussed on. The Saints lurking nearby again would be quite upsetting. There's a man with a curled tail and striped coat, white undersides and golden eyes, he is not all wolf if you catch my drift. He leads a different group called the Saints, I don't know if anyone has spoken to you about this yet. I'm concerned she is with him, a group of troublemakers. They had a female with them for a while with similar behaviour.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Not a wolf entirely? Aliana thought the Constable meant he was some CoyWolf but when he said he had ‘ curled tail ’ and ‘striped pelt’, that wasn’t any Coyote she’s seen. But then she remembered the days back before she had escaped, her Mother had once spoken of dogs. Wolves that had the Wild bred out them by humans—they dulled their fangs and claws, sucked the strength and size out to them, and made them subservient. They came in a multitude of sizes, shapes, and colors. Striped and spotted fur. Short to Curly tails.

Her Mother hated dogs— ‘they were an insult to Wolf kind’ she’d say. That they have lost the Wild in them and thus abandoned their heritage and who they once were. Even if a dog were to escape and make a living in the wild, they will always be a dog. The mark humans left on them will never be erased, never will they be considered Wolves, and never be part of the Wilds.

Aliana didn't share her Mother's beliefs nor did she voice them out to her as she never been in a situation she had to. And she doubts she ever would. If a dog can keep up with the Pack, there's no reason to deny them entry into the pack ...or even leadership.

Either way, she tucks the details in the same compartment as the black she-wolf that attacked her,   Hmph, It seems like they’ll accept anyone with a sharp tongue and no brains...  She spoke bluntly, but it didn’t mean she’d start underestimating them. If the pack was still striving that meant they had brains somewhere amongst the group,   I know we’re under a Bear lockdown, but I’ll have to come back in a few days and loosely lay down a few scent markers around the Plains. That’s how the next time she has no excuse. Or do you think we should just lay a few scent markers down now before we leave?   These were their Hunting Grounds. Why not leave a few scent markers so that passersby knew Kaistleoki has some claim over this area.

369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hiero didn't have much of an opinion on the matter of dogs. Though he didn't like being called a mutt due to his coloring, not that he would let that show should it be a regular thing - he had nothing against the human raised canids. They had their own perks, they were fearless and loyal, probably traits the humans bred into them. Though he could never think of living with the two-legged creatures, it was interesting to see two completely different species working together as one. They were almost like their own little pack. 

If she is one of them- Which he could very well be wrong, there were many packs around and she could be from any of them. It would certainly be the beginning of a pattern. He thought back to Donovan and how he thought the same thing of their leader. Someone with very little brains, a sharp tongue, and one to make a plethora of excuses to excuse poor behavior.

So long as you run back if you see a bear I am fine with that~ The plains weren't very far after all and so long as she was aware of the dangers lurking, he felt confident enough in her judgment. We can always do a quick stroll around to freshen our scent if you have the time? Walk with me?

We can fade here if you'd like! It should could toward guardian thread if you are looking for some <3 thanks for the thread!
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
  I’d be a pleasure. 
Aliana replied with a smile. She tailed right beside Hiero while they walked she thought about the She-wolf. Ugh, she was no better than that other black she-wolf that attacked her. 
The irony.
Aliana was friends with Lily; she was a black She-wolf and she was as kind as she can be, took her in when she felt like had nowhere else to go, compassionate and kind. Then here comes these two; a loud-mouth who didn't know respect and a No-tongue who doesn’t know how to keep her fangs to herself.
Some wolves…

Leaving scent marks was a natural and standard thing so she had no problem doing around others. Find a spot, raise a leg, piss, scrape a little then move on — simple. It wasn’t until came up to one of the boulders bordering the Plains that her snout caught a whiff of that She-wolf, not just her scent but her urine as well. Plain as day.
And OOOOH, how Aliana’s blood boiled at that moment! That bitch, thinking she was being cheeky, pissed in their Hunting Grounds. A short but loud snarl left her while she glared at the Mountains, somewhere in those craggy crevices was that She-wolf. 

If she keeps running with an attitude like that, someone’s going to put her in her place and she’s going to get bit on the ass HARD. She won’t have anyone to blame but herself.

Either way, this transgression, this disgusting mark left on their land, must be corrected. With a snort, Aliana marched over to the spot, raised a leg, and lets loose, coating it thoroughly before scrapping over it with vigor. And man, did it feel good! She had seen her Mother and Father do this before and on occasion one of the Captains. It was a sign of dominance to overmark another wolf’s mark. To do it herself was a sign; a proud sign to the She-wolf, if she returns: `This was Kaistleoki Hunting Grounds! Respect it or don’t bother passing through!` 

With that done, she continued on, following after Heiro through the yellowing grass. She has much more important things to think about with the Bear being one of them. It wasn’t the first time she has tangled with them, and it might not be the last...
Yeah, we can fade and archive here. Thank you! ^ ^