Hideaway Strath Danger at every turn
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Forward dated to December 6th! Nyra returns to the Saints from Ivory Rose :) 
@Derg & @Kynareth Deagon specifically, but AW

The journey home from the Flatlands was equally as worrisome as the trip out there had been. 
Nyra had gotten the peace of mind she seeked, but that gloomy forest was not her home. 
At the very least, not now. The future was full of uncertainty and surprises; perhaps one day she would go back?
No, not any time soon. The Saints were her family, and she didn't plan on bailing on them. 
The only ways she would leave the Saints was exile, death, or disbandment. None of which she was certain would occur in the near future. 

At the mouth of the Strath now, Nyra took a long look over the trees, the river, the mountains in the distance and the morass just in front of those peaks...
It was good to be home. 

At least for a moment, it was. The Shieldmaiden wasn't void of knowing, or expecting, the confrontation she was dreading to face from Donovan. She knew that he would notice her abscense, and he wouldn't be happy about it. Nyra also knew he would most likely see her and approach guns blazing, livid and ready to end her then and there if she didn't play her cards right. 

Nyra was actively looking for Kynareth, and Derg too for that matter. 
Mainly Kynareth though, for the second she saw him coming she would steel herself, force herself not to melt to the ground as if she had done something to earn her Lord's fury. 
Instead she would stand her ground. Not in a challenge, no, but because the ticket she would display as a valid reason for her to be gone wasn't a wrongful one. 

As the Paladin, part of her duties was to find and obtain new recruits for their ranks. Derg himself had told her this, and Nyra would voice that. 
Disappointing as it is to return empty handed, an empty hand didn't always mean failure. 

At the least, it meant effort had been made.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
If Nyra wanted to find Donovan, she’d find him close to the mouth of the territory as well. His patrols bring him here often and he eagerly refreshes the borders he loves so much to call his. This land is his land now and like he showed earlier with the public execution and the intrusion of that stranger wolf. He’d defend it with his teeth and life.

So as he goes along the borders, Nyra’s scent hits him after it’s been gone for a while. For a moment he suspected that she’s done just as Renard and Praimfaya did. And soon she’d be marked just like them. But it seems that her arrival has proven him wrong once again. So he eagerly sniffed her out. 

When he finally meets her, he grins. It’s an unsettling sort of smile that lets her know all the interesting thoughts that have been racing around in his mind while she took her absence. 

“Where did you go? And why?” He asks simply. Voice much more neutral than she probably expected
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His arrival and his tone was definitely more neutral than she was anticipating. 
Though, that sinister grin and the gleam in his eyes was certainly expected. 

"I went to find potential recruits." Nyra answers, sighing softly as she elaborated "I know I should have told you, but I wanted to return with numbers as a pleasant surprise gift." A slight, sheepish smile ghosted her muzzle, her face hot with embarrassment "As you can see...I have returned empty pawed, so there's not really a gift to be given from my end." 
Nyra was clearly disappointed by that, "The other reason is, when I was promoted to Paladin, Derg told me part of my job would be to find and obtain wolves to add to our fold." 

With a heavy sigh, Nyra fell silent, awaiting Kynareth's reaction, in whatever form it took.
Health (100/100)
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Derg was busy. Arlette had preoccupied him so much...he barely noticed other members dwindling.
But ahead, on his slow trail after Kynareth, voices could be heard.
He slunk lower, hoping to sneak up on whoever he was talking to. Perhaps Sasha.
He did think so until he spotted the low swooping tail.
Nyra.

He straightened with a smile, striding forward to greet their Paladin.
"I knew you'd come back," his voice wasn't sarcastic or like he was some sort of big know-it-all, but warm and even grateful.
He looked about. No trailing newcomer. A shame.
"How'd it go?"
|  •  •  |
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan looks over to Derg like She told you she was leaving and she didn’t tell me? with one brow furrowed and the other quirked in an incredulous look of confusion. He flicks eyes back to Nyra and smirks. 

“I don’t have a problem with you leaving as long as someone is told. Either of us two would do.” He pauses and tilts his head in a knowing look. “Now if you just up and leave without telling anyone, I might freak out a little.” He chuckles even though his eyes hold a deadly seriousness to them. 

Even then he shrugs. “At least you are back then. Empty pawed or not, that’s what’s important, dear. Tread carefully.” He adds. Not to remind her of the dangers of the land outside these mountainous walls, but the dangers of Kynareth’s wrath and his fear and hatred for betrayal.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Internally relieved that Derg showed up, Nyra listened and watched her Grandmaster as he spoke. 

The threat she knew was in his last words was unappreciated, but she did understand, offering a nod in response. 

To Derg now, she repeated her words...kind of "The work of a Paladin is not easy. But, I was warned." She chuckled, "The search for recruits was unsuccessful, much to my disappointment." 
Offering her gaze to the Overseer, she knew he'd remember what she said the night before they left. A glimmer flitted through her inferno gaze that communicated solely to Derg, if he saw it, that she was hoping, even pleading, that he would play along instead of throwing her under the bus.
Health (100/100)
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He wandered closer to Kynareth, giving him a shoulder bump.
Watching Nyra as the brindle male spoke.

"You're such a control freak, dear, Nyra is our most loyal."
He smirked at them both, drifting away from Kynareth again.
"You did well Nyra, I'm glad you returned unharmed."

He could see the apprehension. The fear even. Kynareth was scary, but Derg wasn't scared of him.
He'd faced worse.
Did she not want to tell Kynareth of her dreams? He thought the pair were close, but it seemed that may not be the case. How curious.
"I'll continue my border patrol," he grinned, leaving the two to converse some more in private. He'd saved Nyra's story, though she was a little obvious. Oh well, he'd stick around close for long enough to make sure she wasn't going to be an ornament like that butchered specimin.

Derg trotted off along the border, his thoughts drifting to Arlette.
|  •  •  |
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He feels Derg carelessly bump against him with comforting words. His voice causing Kyn’s ears to shift on top of his head at the soft, confident melody. Derg is right. He thinks to himself quickly. Yet, he can never let himself truly relax. The fear of betrayal constantly looming in the back of his mind. It’s a horrid flaw, derived from that bitch, Sasha. He will never be rid of it and for good reason too.

Then just as quickly as it happens, Derg chirps the continuation of his patrol and skips off on his merry way. Leaving Donovan and Nyra alone once more he gazes to her, a weary softness in his expression.

“I am glad your back in good shape, Nyra. I just think too much. Excuse my rudeness.” He says as a way of apologizing without actually apologizing. Even though he still always has the nagging thought of betrayal in his mind, he tries setting it aside. He has to learn to trust again.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Offering her Grandmaster an apologetic lick to the cheek, she pulled back a bit to speak again
"You're excused," She jested softly, 
"In all seriousness though, I understand. Given our way of life, I can't imagine what's happened within the ranks prior to my recruitment..." She was curious to know what all had happened, but now didn't seem like a time to ask such things. Though if Donovan wanted to share, Nyra would listen. 

She still knew nothing of Nemesis or the Saints previous location prior to the canyon.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He smiles lightly at the lick she offers him as an acceptance to his apology. Then listens to her with heavy interest. After, he can’t help but laugh. It’s an effortless noise with close to no real emotion in it. 

“Well, in my old pack we didn’t have too much betrayal until fucking Sasha. When I started this new pack, my first Overseer was a brown mottled woman by the name of Nemisis.” He says her name with sustain and hatred, his smile nonexistent on his handsome face. “I found her one night concocting a poison to kill me with.” Then where his eyes were averted from Nyra’s for a moment he meets her own. “I killed her that night. Called the pack to watch as I ripped her pretty little head off her shoulders.” He smiles then, it’s sick and caustic. “Now our most beautiful medic @Dove wears her skull as a cute little hat.” He says referencing the pale woman and the skull she always adorns herself in. It would probably make all too much sense to Nyra now.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Of all the things Nyra should have had an "oh fuck" expression at, it was this news. 
And yet the shock was brief, a fleeting widening of her eyes before her expression calmed back to what it was. 
As though yes, it made sense, but not in the manner where she was afraid from it. 
"I just assumed Dove likes skulls. Knowing she wears this Nemesis' skull as a crown though...honestly I think you should be the one wearing the ex-Overseer's head. A crown fit for a king." The way she met his gaze, she meant these words as a compliment and had no intentions of it being an insult. 
"Assuming Nemesis was as psycho as she was brazenly stupid for trying to poison you though, perhaps she is better off being of service to Dove. A servant to others instead of a leader." Nyra concluded with a dark smile, waving her tail some. 
Her ears slanted back with some hesitance though, for she knew not if Donovan cared about Nemesis in the light of matehood.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
At this point he can’t really say he’s not surprised to see  that Nyra isn’t completely shocked by this news. She’s seen much worse at this point he’s sure and he’s not too worried about her leaving because of it. She only seems to confirm his suspicions when her shock is easily ghosted over and she’s suggesting that he should’ve worn it as a crown.

At this is definitely can’t help but laugh. “Oh, darling, I would, but my damn head is too big.” He chuckles then. His expression sly and cunning. 

He sighs then. “Yes, Nemisis was crazier than me.” He says incredulously. As it’s its hard to get much crazier than him, even though to him he’s not even that crazy. “She deserved death and I don’t ever find myself regretting that I killed her. Plus, Dove loves all the skulls we get for her.” He chirps happily at the end regarding the feathered woman.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled with him in agreement, beginning to walk past him back into the Strath unless stopped. 
If not, he was welcome to follow anyway.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
They settle in a common agreement. They understand each other fairly well and he likes this about her. So even as she decides to move off with a polite show of her leaving. He smirks at the slight invitation she offers for him to follow. Perhaps on a patrol? So he wastes no time trotting to meet her at her side as if she was the one in control. As if she ordered him to follow. He is obedient and loyal to his pack. He would show them that, they’d understand someday somehow. 

So onward they continue on a patrol side by side in a comfortable silence. They’re a swell team together he thinks absentmindedly as they go.