Hideaway Strath I wonder, wouldn't it be nice
261 Posts
Ooc —
This was not the first wolf she had taught how to fish since arriving in the teekon wilds and somehow she found this funny, and the panic on Arlette’s face even more funny. However she was practiced at hiding her emotion upon her visage. So her lips didn’t even twitch in a smile she somehow knew that might make Arlette feel bad.

Whrist peered down at the prey soon to be dinner and nodded. Soon these things would know their place in the greater scheme of things, soon they would adding to the lustre of their coats and even reward Crawford for his miss haped effort.

hum…” Whrist blinked down at the fish as if contemplating what came naturally to her “Go for the very center of their back, they have no throat like a deer or rabbit, instead air will do the job a throat grab would. Once they are lifted from the water, these things will try to swim so they will flip their tail and head in opposite directions as if they could swim from your jaws. But we won’t let that happen. Instead we are going to jump back up the the shore,

Whrist grinned then, “It’ll be to cold to stay in there for long anyway. So don’t gasp when you jump in after these things or you’ll miss your mark

Then she turned her light blues toward the tree line “We’ll bring them there by the trees that way if we have to drop them there is no way for them to get back to the water” 

She turned back to Arlette with all seriousness “So when you are ready count down I’m with you every step of the way.” The fish still swam in the shallows oblivious to the conversation going on above their heads
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded at the black female when she got a whole explanation of how to catch the fish. She let out a deep sigh, trying to give herself some courage. When the female looked at her to see if she was ready she nodded, albeit a bit stiffly. Arlette lunched forward, aiming at the back like she was told and then her teeth grabbed onto something. Arlette quickly pulled her head back in shock but keeping her teeth clamped. She almost wanted to squeak in terror. She never held a fish before, or grabbed one.

She rushed to the spot to where Whrist told her. She let it go and jumped away when it flopped before her. Like Whrist said, it was too far from the water. Arlette then beamed at her success. "I DID IT!," she let out, completely shocked that she did it. This was a huge confidence boost for her. She was definitely going to tell Derg.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist was waiting for a count down and without it she was a minute behind Arlette but that did not bother her. Her own target darted off but Whrist lunged attempting to land ahead of the fish knowing she’d land on it instead the damnable things being so fast. She snapped, her teeth closing around it’s tail and then leaped to follow Arlette. As she got to the top of the rock the fish smacked her in the face a time of two, Whrist squinted her eyes and the fish pulled from her jaws hitting the rock before it splashed back down into the water, it’s tail now torn it could not swim as fast

Whrist yelled for Arlette as Arlette’s fish the fish stilled, drowning in the open air. Not likely to move again.

Little Help here!! Jump in up stream block it’s escape!” Whrist readied to pounce hoping Arlette would stop it in time giving her target pause and Whrist enough time to make the second grab.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was quick to respond to the call of help. She let the fish go and moved into the stream. It was extremely cold but she managed. The fish looked like it was hurting with a tail torn like that. Luckily, it did seem that death was imminent for the creature as Whrist went after it. She would go for the fish if it came near her. Now she had the confidence that she could do this after all.

sorry short
261 Posts
Ooc —
The fish flailed in the water as Whrist tried to anticipate where it might flee, She lunged forward and snapped almost crashing into Arlette. The fish had swum toward the other wolf but turned to flee upon seeing the legs of the predator above it.

Whrist came up victorious the fish flailing in her mouth, it knew it’s mortality now but could do nothing about it. The black femme nodded at Arlette and grinned despite the fish in her maw and trotted up the embankment. “Fanks” she offered around the fish that struggled.

Whrist stopped and stared at Arlette’s kill as Crawford perched upon it tearing out chunks and tipping his beak back swallowing the large chunks whole, Crawford knew his stolen supper was about to be interrupted.

Whrist growled at the Raven and accidentally dropped the fish, which began a flopping path back toward the stream, desperate for the oxygenated life giving water.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked at the two fish they caught. She was still aa bit surprised she had done that. The female quirked up her lips proudly. She watched as Whrist chastised the bird when it took part of the fish. Arlette was quick to retrieve the fish when the bird dropped it. She was not going to let her catch go back into the water. She grabbed its head and bit down. She spit the head out and looked with a scrunched up face towards the fish she bit into. "I am not sure I like it," she admitted to Whrist.

She never had fish before. She was spoiled really. In Easthollow she was used to eating big game as her mother was a skilled huntress. She always took members of the pack to take down deer or a bison. The latter was what they hunted the most. Arlette never liked it, the hunting part. Perhaps only because her mother was just so good at it and she felt her mother had only remarks when she did it.
261 Posts
Ooc —
We can fade to black here if you wish, or RP the pack cache I was thinking a dirt fight kind of like a pillow fight ;D

Whrist glowered at the bird, it shifted off the fish with only a little caw, Whrist sighed and grumped, then she shifted over and picked up the head in her maw. With her eye on the raven she lowered her head and tossed her head up while opening her jaws sending the head flying in the direction of the raven. Crawford had to jump backward and flare his wings in order to not be hit with the object.

He eyed the wolves then hopped forward and placed a foot on the the head, he listened for any angry noise; not hearing any disapproval he snapped up the head head and launched himself into the air taking his prize up into the tree.

Whrist shook her head then turned back to Arlette and forced a smile "They are richer then normal prey for sure, but if you want a sleek pelt in the summer you might want to acquire the taste for them” She winked at her. “Lets burry these in the nearest pack cache” She picked up her catch and motioned for Arlette to follow content to leave Crawford to his own devices
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
I think I like to fade it here! Since it is the first time they met!

Arlette helped Whrist with putting the meat away. She was glad that she could help and that she made a friend this day, at least Arlette considered the girl her friend. She never expected her to be successful at this fish hunting, but it seemed that if she was determined enough she could. She followed Whrist and nodded at her comments. "I will remember those tips," she smiled at the female. Once the meal was packed away, she bid her goodbye to the female but with a promise that they would soon have to meet again.

- fin -