Hideaway Strath To live inside a world that isn't black and white?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 
Come meet Arlette!!! I wouldn't mind an overprotective @Derg maybe good for @Kynareth Deagon to see her as well haha

Arlette had been part of the pack for a few days now. Those days she spend mostly with Derg. She didn't really mind to hover around him and just shadow him around the territory. That was how she would learn the territory. But news was probably spreading of her joining so she assume that sooner than later there would be some members checking her out who she was. She had been accepted by Derg and somehow that did feel like she was not fully accepted yet. Derg was her friend, one she liked. The other leader had not officially accepted her, and she was not sure if that was needed or not to be an official member of the pack.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn is often times on patrol if not hunting or lazing about on his own. Though on these patrols he’s noticed a new scent. Is someone sneaking amongst them? Enemy or not, there’s a new person in his territory and it’s often been accompanied by Derg’s own scent. A scent he knew well of course. So he follows it this time until it gets stronger and stronger and behold there they are. A white wolf with a scarred face, very obviously a female too. 

His mind works a bit harder trying to remember them and then all of a sudden he knows. It’s Derg’s little girlfriend. Oh, how interesting is this.

His smirk stretches his face and his teeth are brilliantly on display. He can’t help but cackle. Who the fuck invited her to the party without me knowing? He asks himself as he begins sauntering up to her. Probably the agouti Overseer himself. Though, why he didn’t tell Donovan is a mystery to him. Perhaps he just assumed he’d be okay with it. Which he is, but that doesn’t mean he won’t have some fun of course.

So with his usual beastly swagger, he’s, very obviously so, approaching the pale woman. “We left and look who followed.” He hums, stopping uncomfortably close to her. Almost menacingly so. “You lost, dear? Or did my Overseer guide you here? To be a part of the pack I assume?” He asks then, lowering his head closer to her own.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Had to let her be uncomfortable a bit until Derg comes to save her haha

It didn't take long before Kynareth was standing before her. Arlette dipped her head low and respectfully to the male that approached her. She assumed he would stop at a normal distance but the male got closer and closer. Arlette's body stiffened and she stepped back to take back some space, lowering herself before the male. She had the tiniest stiff tail wag, but she wan't too excited to see him.

"N-No," she let out. "Derg accepted me on the borders a few days ago," she commented and dared to look up at the male. She didn't like him being so close. She wished Derg was so close to her though. "I'd like to be part of the pack," she spoke, trying to be more confident.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He notices the way she lowers herself submissively and he seems indifferent to it. On the outside at least. He’s both disgusted and pleased by the terrified submission this woman has for him. Yet of course what does he expect? She’s just trying to be respectful. How would Donovan react if she were more challenging like Nyra? Well, he’d be pissed. There’s no pleasing the wolfdog so he just stops thinking about it. 

Rather he chuckles out a low rumble of breath that could be considered a laugh and waves her off with a large, meaty paw. “Stop, relax.” He tells her — commands her really. Even though his voice is casual, it doesn’t take away from the commanding undertone it usually holds. 

He stands there and looks down to her, a smile still on his face. “Stop being so fucking scared, dear. I respect Derg. I like Derg. He likes you, so I have to respect that.” He’s laying down the law of his and her relationship. “Welcome to the pack then.” He ends quickly and leans down a bit more. “You’re gonna have to harden up if you’re gonna fit in with the rest of the pack.” His his mocking hum. “Don’t let them step all over you, darling.”   
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Of all the things, Arlette didn't expect a laugh from the male. She stayed in her position though, feeling extremely uncertain when she looked at him. She tried to shuffle into a sitting position but kind of ended in a half crouch, ears back. Because she wasn't sure if the male really meant that she should relax. His tone had been commanding, but it was kind of hard to relax when one is kind of scared.

She nodded timidly. "I just want to be respectful," she admitted to him and then pushed herself in an actual sitting postion. It gave her a little more confidence that her good relationship with Derg helped her in this case. Kynareth was rather scary to her. 'I-I-- Won't!," she spoke, hating how insecure it sounded.

"I left my other pack because they just-- They didn't appreciate me. I am not going to let it happen again," she stated, finally finding a bit of confidence. "My last pack leader was my own mother, so I just don't really know how to behave around you," she explained and swallowed thickly. She just wanted to be good.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He can tell she’s still having a hard time grasping the idea that Kynareth’s not going to eat her if she acts normally around him. Though, he’s going to give her some slack. She’d get it eventually. So even as she awkwardly tries to sit he can’t help but making an comically unimpressed face at her for her weak attempt to act normally. A squeak of I just want to be respectful. coming from her and he smiles with a casual side to side shake of his massive head. 

He nods then as she mumbles out that pathetic I won’t. and he chuckles then. He doesn’t say anything yet though, allowing the pale woman to continue. She informs him, confidently this time, that she won’t go under appreciated here and he respects her for that. So as she confesses to not knowing how to act around him he can’t help but laugh again. 

Finally he allows himself passage to speak once more. “Good. If they’re bothering you, either deal with it yourself or tell Derg and I.” He says easily, referencing the part where he told her not to let herself get pushed around. 

Then he becomes slightly more serious than he was a few seconds ago. His smirk fades easily on his maw, his eyes telling her that he’s deathly serious about what he’s about to say. “That’s where the Saints are different from any other disgusting pack in these parts. I value every damn wolf here and I will fight, kill, and die in your stead, dear. You are of value to us, especially since you have some medical knowledge and that is severely appreciated here.” Then he sighs, his paw coming out to wave her off again. “Act as if I am your friend.” He hums easily with a smile forming. Then it becomes sharper with a teasing lilt to his voice. “Unless I’m mad. Try and be a bit more respectful when I’m mad.” He chuckles vibrantly to her then. “I’m joking, dear. Even if I am pissed I do not want you to act fucking weird with me.” Then he gets a bit more serious again. “Just know that betrayal is a death sentence here.” Says the Grandmaster ominously, his friendly act leaving in the blink of an eye.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette noticed that the male had to laugh or chuckle a lot around her. But she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. She just hoped it was. All she wanted was to do right by him, and prove that she could belong here in his pack. She dipped her head in answer to him. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go complain about a wolf. Perhaps if they are really scary she might. Though, it did make her wonder... Kynareth spoke about his pack members like they weren't nice. Curious.

Her ears perked up when he grew serious. Her eyes were a little bit because he surprised her with his passion. She was blown away by the kind words of the man before her. She quickly blinked her tears away, that had come up. She had been touched by his words. Touched that he spoke so kindly about her. It really sounded like he believed in her and that he valued her. That was all she wanted. Then on top of all of that, he said to consider him as her friend. A smile came upon her maw and her tail started to wag. "That I can do," she spoke.

The girl was pretty sure she would say clear of him when he was mad, or maybe not. Because he was her friend now, and if he was mad then Arlette could maybe help him. She was still curious about the mind and how some wolves reacted to situations. The male became even more serious when he spoke about betrayal. He even linked it to a death sentence, and it made her think. Perhaps Kynareth was very hurt once by someone he loved. Arlette then pushed herself up and kind of snuggled quickly against his chest before backing off. "Thank you for believing in me," she admitted quietly. "I would never do that to the ones who value me," she spoke, feeling less awkward knowing the leader of this pack wasn't who she thought he was. She offered him a bigger smile, not scared by the threat since she didn't see herself ever betraying them.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s confused by this sweet little wolf. She her smooth voice not at all resembling the scarred image she portrays, yet he finds her so endearing. The scars make no difference to him. Though even as she perks up and gives him a That I can do. he can’t help but smile. 

He continues on, even threatening her at the end with a horrible death, yet what does she do? This bizarre woman approaches, pressing herself snug to his cream chest and admiring praises and thanks. A thanks for valuing her. Truly it’s a magical scene and he is visibly shocked by this. It shows by his furrowing of brows and astonished expression. 

He struggles to mask it quick enough and he’s smiling down to her. “You truly are different, huh?” He says to her softly. “Then as long as you have loyalty to me, I have loyalty to you, darling.” He promises strongly. His voice boisterous, it holds passion as he says this. He’s serious about it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette only realized she left the man quite shocked when she stepped back. As if he was as unused to the sudden affection, as she was for how much he valued her. She offered him a soft smile as a reaction to his shock. He tried to mask it but she had seen it. It made her definitely less afraid of him, because he showed a bit of himself, his true self.

"I couldn't tell you if I were," she admitted to him. She didn't think she was different. But perhaps she was very different than what type of wolves he knew. Just as he was very different to her to show such loyalty. "But since you are different than what I know, I guess you are right," she hummed. She dipped her head. "I think that is an excellent deal," she returned.

"Can you tell me a bit about the location? And the pack members?," she asked then. Curious as to all who lived here.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He almost disappointed he has to allow this one all to Derg. Her sweet smile is alluring to him and he can’t help but smile back down to her as she speaks. His lips tilt even further as she agrees to their cute little dealing of loyalties.

Then he has no more time to be distracted by her. For she seems to be asking questions now. So he cups his auds towards her and nods absentmindedly. “Oh, where to start.” He hums with a graceful sigh. “The location is nice — plentiful and large as well. We unofficially own everything within these mountains.” He says softly as he looks around, silently gesturing to the looming walls around them. 

He chuckles then. “As for the pack. We have quite a few odd ones, including myself I suppose. Most of them are ready and willing to kill for the pack and each other. Some are on the fence and some refuse all together.” He shrugs then. “As long as they are loyal and contribute, I welcome them, darling. Yet, you need a hard stomach and a strong mind to be here. Some do not and it shows. You’ll know who they are too.” He chuckles darkly.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette sat down daintily to listen to him. She nodded about the territory. "Probably far greener and better than the canyon," she commented to him. "I think I like this better," she admitted. It felt very secure and safe. She really didn't want to leave, but that was probably also because she had Derg here.

She was confused now and tipped her head. "Some said that before but I don't understand why. Everyone has been kind of me, friendly even. So why would I need a hard stomach and strong mind?," she asked him. "I am curious to who you are talking about but, perhaps over time I will see it." she nodded.

"I would like to be, you know, more confident. But I don't really know how to." She admitted to him.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He is glad to hear the pack seems to be welcoming her with open arms. Almost surprised really. For the pack is filled with mature females and lord knows how messy that has the potential to get.

Too much to explain and not enough time it feels like. “We kill, maim, torture, kidnap, and we’ll have a right laugh afterwards too.” He chuckles easily. “We’re violent and require those who are willing to fight. Yet since you are a medic, we’ll covet you. You will not fight unless it’s necessary.”

He sighs, voice becoming a bit more serious. “You’ll see in time, dear.” Then another smile comes to his maw at her last sentence. “Just take notes from me and you should learn a thing or two.” He preens. His pride horrid and obvious.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had kind of expected to make friends here, since at her previous pack she didn't have any problems with it. Perhaps just because she was submissive by nature that she was able to get along with stronger characters. Arlette was rather unaware of this, she just thought she was getting good at making friends.

Arlette frowned for a moment when Kynareth spoke. But then he chuckled. Her heart leaped with relief. Besides the wolves she met clearly weren't harming others, innocent wolves like herself. "Good joke. You almost got me," she hummed at him. "But of course, I will be there to help and heal any of our members."

Arlette dipped her head. "I hope so," she smiled. She looked at the male. He was awfully confident, perhaps even too confident, but if she could get a bit from him, then she would be more than happy. "Thanks for all the advise. I will let you do your thing." She dipped her head and stepped back respectfully before intending to go.

- end for me! -

I will leave her innocent for a little while longer haha
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
I’ll archive after this post! ;D

Kynareth also laughs when she mentions it being a joke. He doesn’t want to piss on her sunshine, so he’ll let her see the carnage the Saints are so good at creating on her own. 

Then as she mentions letting him go ‘do his own thing’ he chuckles once more. Offering a curt dip of his head. “Have a good one, darling.” He hums almost too friendly and he’s turning to continue on his patrol.