Broken Boulder sturmwolke
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
while it was tempting to have left their tension as it was, mahler searched through the frosted claim for @Sequoia that morning.
he held a pheasant; the weight of it was pleasant in his teeth and so he did not cache the cooling body yet, wandering through the boulder-weald with something unnameable in his veins.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She had spent some time outside of the territory after the small spat with Mahler. It was wrong to say that she hated him or was even pissed off. She did not, however, plan to make amends with that shit stain of a new recruit. Sequoia just straight-up did not like him, and she still considered him a terrible addition to the pack. Why take in a sick and injured wolf when they were trying to build up their ranks and defend this new place? It did not make a lick of sense to Sequoia, and she would never understand it or agree with it. Sometimes, though, you gotta roll with the punches, and this was one of those punches.

The patchy girl woman had spent the evening elsewhere, leaving her small apartment vacant for the past few evenings while she searched for recruits (or rather, more suitable men). Besides, she did not want to go anywhere near stink butt doo-doo brain. Yes, that was how she had named him.

The day was still just starting when she made her way back to the forest that surrounded the boulder, and she caught a glimpse of Mahler not too far ahead.

She was curious to see how he would deal with her now that time had come and gone. Would he continue to punish her, or would he let it go? Would he want to "talk it out," or would he be fine to leave it alone?
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
sequoia, too, caught his gaze. mahler turned to approach with a flick of his tail, and deposited the bird upon the ground between them. "if somevone vithout longevity challenges you in any vay, it is your right and your role to punish that."
"i choose for this place. i choose for myself. i told you, if u vant a family, you choose the man. arcas works off a debt to me," the gargoyle said softly, lavender eyes searching her features. "the assessment of him belongs to me, for clearly he is not good enough for you to consider." a brief humour. "air your grievances to me privately. not haughty before the ears of the man you seek to disdain."
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Fine. He's a butthead, rude, and I hate him, Sequoia said.

She smiled, full of sarcasm.

When will he be done paying off his debt so that I can chase him out? she asked.

This time, her smile was less sarcastic and more sadistic. She would love to rip out his balls so he couldn't make mini-Arcases. Honesty, she did not even have a reason for being this way, but she was a much more brittle creature than she was as a child. Crow had ruined her, made her into a vengeful, acidic bitch.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler laughed aloud, a surprised, quick sound. "vhat did he do to deserve such a fate, sequoia?" the gargoyle inquired. he had not heard the interlude between the she-wolf and the newcomer, and had passed the afternoon in relative pleasantry.
but now his curious was risen and unsated; the hard lavender eyes rested with interest upon the pretty coldness of the ambitious woman and he was quiet.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
What had he done? Honestly, she couldn't even remember. He'd just been kind of a jerk, and he had not been what she was looking for. He certainly wasn't charming. Sequoia shrugged, noncommittal.

You ever just not like somebody from the very start? she asked. It made her think of her littermate. They had never really gotten along, although she couldn't think of any particular reason why they shouldn't have. They were just lame.

He's just lame, and he's kinda rude. Low-key annoying, if you ask me. And he had, so this was her time to vent.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler listened. it seemed it was what he should do rather than speak, and that counted for many instances. he had not been there during the first meet of sequoia and arcas. acceptance limned his features, and at length his face broke into a craggy expression that attempted to be a rough smile.
"ironically enough, i brought him here for you." he had seen not only a hunter but a potential suitor in the ambitious young woman before him.
lavender gaze flicked over her, thoughtful, and then mahler turned away. "but now that i know of these bad qualities, i vill not take in another man who possesses them."
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She had to smirk at that. It was like being given a plastic turd for your birthday or some other joke gift. Maybe he had not meant it that way, but clearly Mahler did not have good taste in men.

Maybe you should let me handle the picking out of the men to me, huh? she suggested. You can pick out all the gals you want. And of course, that reminded her.

By the way, there was some woman here looking for you the other day. I didn't catch her name, but she insulted me, so I sent her away. How may baby mommas do you have running around here? She was, of course, assuming that the skank was one of Mahler's many baby mommas.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a snort greeted sequoia's words, accompanied by a flurry of shocked blinking. he had never heard the term, though its meaning was clear. "two," he answered crisply, though in the next moments amusement began to replace the surprise, hidden behind his gruff voice, "but neither live here."
some woman? mahler wanted to ask sequoia's elaboration, but wylla would have firmly summoned him and nyx would have requested his attendance. it had been neither of them, he supposed, and he did not believe takiyok would ever come to find the gargoyle again.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Only two, huh? Well, two that he knew of. Something told Sequoia that Mahler got around a bit more than he was letting on. Not that she was going to confront him on that. Nosiree. She'd just take him at his word. She wondered who the two were that he recognized as mothers of his children. Come to think of it, the nasty one that Sequoia had met had claimed that the children were somebody else's and the father was dead. Seq had figured that was a lie, meant to make her empathetic. But Sequoia was over trusting every single word somebody told her.

If you have any feathers left over from that bird, you wanna leave 'em by my little apartment? Trying to spruce up the place, and I think they'd make nice bedding slash decorations.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"consider it done," he chuckled softly. "asra, who has gone from us now, told me she vas raised vithin a court." a hierarchy, no doubt. "you seem to vear the same sort of directness. i cannot help but vonder after your own origins." 
more than sequoia had provided thus far, so he meant. the gargoyle was silent, tipping his charcoal auds forward. he half-expected to be rebuffed by a sharp tongue she had so far used against him as well, to the graf's secret amusement.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He agreed to the feathers, which a part of her hadn't expected him to do. Maybe Mahler was kinda awful at choosing men, but he wasn't a terrible one himself. If he'd been a little bit younger, Sequioa would have been all over that shit. Alas, she considered him an old man.

I'm not from any court, I'll tell you that much. But Sequoia wasn't interested in divulging her life story to Mahler, even if he was turning out to be pretty alright. As far as she knew, there were still Drageda wolves lingering in these parts, and they considered her a traitor. She'd spent so much time away from them, she didn't even remember the Trigedasleng word for it. Not that it mattered now anyway.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
we will need a new one soon <3

sequoia was retiring over her starting experiences; mahler took up the unspoken hint and glanced skyward to note the position of the light. "i should patrol," he said politely by way of excuse to leave, but lingered hereby.
"if i see anything of note, i shall bring it to you." the gargoyle gave a small bow and was gone, trotting resolutely toward the far border and counting the moments until he was gone from sight, alone.
then and only then would his shoulders round beneath sorrow.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
For sure!

Thanks, she replied, and then Sequoia watched him take his leave. He was an alright dude, even if she didn't agree with all of his choices. And hey, life wasn't so bad here. She got to do as she pleased for the most part, and besides, how long was that other idiot going to last? Once he paid of his debt (or whatever was keeping him here), Sequoia would make sure he went away.