Bonesplinter Ravine Lost in translation
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
The ravine was intense, casting large shadows of the mountain, bigger than the tall peaks themselves. For some, it was a beauty to bebold, others a claustrophobic death funnel to be feared and respected. Rye was both sides. He was silent in awe of the magnificent heights but also in fear of causing a rock avalanche. Old stories told to keep children out of places they shouldn't be stayed with him, he could almost hear his mother scolding him. He glanced back at Effie, making sure some sneaky rock didn't get her. 

They had entered through the northern most side of the ravine, an error on his part as he believed he recognized it from his time in the Grove. Hazy memories was all he had to go off of. Pebbles and small rocks hitting the ground echoed throughout the chasm, the hairs pricked on the males back and his stomach turned sour. 

Rye turned to face Effie, checking above them before speaking. "I want out of here but I don't trust myself to make the right call. This splitting  path seems like the right choice but so far all I've mad are bad ones." Rye couldn't help but check for stray rocks or boulders after each couple of words, the anxiety building the longer they stayed still. 
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to talk about some plot details. The holidays spit me out in a small desert town with no wifi and bad data.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
nw at all! <3

Effie was feeling only uneasy in this place. She was glued to Rye's side the entire time they made their way through the ravine, afraid she might fall away from him or that some monster might jump out at them. She had never been to this side of the mountains before, and she was feeling very thankful for that. She only wished they would quickly make their way out to somewhere safer. 

When he turned and spoke, she was silent at first, not used to being asked for her opinion. Well, Rye had never been like that, but things driven into her from childhood dominated her behavior still, especially when she was unsure about things. She drew in a deep breath and looked around. Your choices haven't been bad, she assured him first with a gentle touch of her nose to his shoulder. She looked up at the path. I think that seems like a promising way out, she finally answered. What other choice did they have, though?
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Nyra had been on patrol at this point in time, making a trip through to the ravine where Simmik was being held captive. 
The scent of two strangers filled her nose. Hackles raising fully, the Harbringer's golden inferno eyes blazed with icy, murderous intent as she threw her head up and let loose a call to arms for every wolf within their impenitrable mountain bowl, who shared the name Saint - @Kynareth Deagon, @Derg, @Hemlocke, @Leigh, @Zsuzsa, @Arlette, @Gilead, @Sasha Deagon and @Kamuri. @Whrist and @Evelynn were currently away as far as the Harbringer was aware, but the howl rang for them too if they could hear and come forth. 
As soon as her call began to fade, Nyra made earth, dirt, pebbles and snow fly as she dead-sprinted toward the first wolf she could see out of the two scents she caught - a black and cream female.
The Shieldmaiden slammed into them full force with teeth flying. If she hit Effie like she was aiming for, nice. If Rye got in the way, oh well. She'd maul him first then, at least until everyone else arrived.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
riflette la colpa, alimenta l'odio
133 Posts
Ooc — Sen
A piercing howl rose. The Harbinger’s summon. Ears perked to attention as the Acolyte diverted her current activity of tracking after a scent trail of a wolverine to taking off in stride toward the call. Her pace left the Raven that followed her behind in the trees although it would catch up to survey the oncoming maelstrom of the Saints from an elevated distance away.

The Ravine was an area Zsuzsa was largely unfamiliar with but would be destined to become very acquainted with it now. She knew through the Saints vine there was a wolf trapped down in a bone pit by Donovan’s doings, but that was all she knew. As she arrived at the source of the howl, her senses went into overdrive smelling the unfamiliar presence of two trespassers. Nyra was here, aiming toward the black and cream female. Zsuzsa didn’t cease her stride, instead made an increased sprint and aimed herself toward the male. A snarl came from her as she lunged at him with fangs out, not giving a second thought at asking any questions first.
TEMPORARILY AT REDHAWK CALDERA UNTIL SPRING DUE TO BWP
Finishing threads, please feel free to skip Zsu in group threads if needed
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Roll here!

Feel free to have your wolves roll a 1d2 Successful or Unsuccessful roll to escape each round of it continues that long. Sorry the Saints are a bunch of territorial meanies. :’>

Kynareth’s really not too far away, rather he is about to go check on Simmik when he hears a quick alert howl. Then a burst of dog like screams and growls. A fight? Oh, he loves a fight. 

He moves into a gallop, his long, thick limbs moving him closer and closer to the curiosity that’s happening. When he arrives he see Nyra absolutely destroying  one wolf and Zsuzsa taking on her own battle with the other. A rugged frown makes its way to his face at the thought of stranger wolves having to pass directly into their territory to get to Bonesplinter. They could be fucking spies. 

Well, they’d end up dead if they didn’t plead their innocence. So he’d bounce behind his Harbinger and take his place at Zsuzsa’s side to aid her with the seemingly bigger of the two. He knew Nyra could handle her own on the small female. He didn’t want this male getting the better of the midnight Saint just in case. He hasn’t seen her fight after all, she could be godly or absolute shit, he has yet to find out. 

Yet when he goes in for his bite he’s hard able to grab on. The tussle with the dark pelaged female puts him just out of Donovan’s reach and he’s growling when he snaps his jaws at the males flank only to snatch out a tuft of agouti fur.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
well damn! Lemme know if I messed something up, first time fighter here. Rolled a 6 to bite Zsuzsa

Effies attempted reassurance didn't calm the male down but he appreciated it nonetheless. They had come so far, turning back would be a waste of time. Still, Rye deeply regreted going through the ravine. Things only got worse as a stray scent caught his attention, the hairs managed to straighten further and his gut twisted violently. Something was coming.

Rye turned and saw the wolf lunge towards Effie, a nightmare playing out in front of his eyes. He jumped to defend her but was caught by a female wolf, Zsuzsas' teeth sunk into Ryes' skin, penetrating deep into muscle. Pain ripped through Ryes' core and suddenly Effie was momentarily forgotten about as instinct grabbed the reins and bit the female back, where his teeth landed wasn't clear. The new male wolf joining the fray missed Ryes' flank, a momentary gift no doubt soon to be spoiled. The dirt colored male snarled once his teeth were free of the females skin. For the moment, Rye wasn't going to back down. Not that he had a choice.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
ugh sorry for the wait everyone!
i'm not rolling because effie has absolutely no fighting experience, and given her background would not be able to really defend herself. this is is just going to be a ko for her

It all seemed to happen so quickly. One minute she was talking to Rye, and the next, an eerie howl pierced the sky, making crows flee from the rocky peaks above them. 

Then pale woman seemed to come out of nowhere. She had no time to react, even if she knew how. A large form slammed into her, and she hit the ground with a cry. The air left her lungs, and her head slammed into the ground with a sickening crack. 

Blackness took over then. It was dark, and quiet, and lonely. She felt like she was suspended in water. It felt hard to breath and when she looked at her paws, they were distorted. She tried to call out to Rye, but no sound came out. She was alone.

Blood seeped from the wound on her head, and Effie lay there, motionless. Her chest still moved, but her breathing was labored. This was what her family had condemned her to.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
.....Oh. 

Nyra had definitely not expected that. 
As Effie bowled over from Nyra's connection with her, the Shieldmaiden bared her teeth still as the black-cream girl fell to the ground. 
Adrenaline still going at the moment, Nyra was almost inclined to keep going and tear the girl apart, but...she didn't get up...?
At first, Nyra wasn't sure if she just straight up killed her, but she seemed to be breathing, though...also bleeding. 
For fuck's sake, nothing about me makes sense anymore! Nyra growled to herself inwardly, turning her attention then to go help, at minimum, neutralize the other intruder. 

Even though she was the one who called every Saint to arms, Nyra was, contradictorily, also the one to try and stop the almost guaranteed slaughter she had called for. 

"STOP!!!!!!" The Harbinger roared as loud as she could. There was zero guarantee those who arrived would listen to her, for she was not the Alpha, but she could certainly try. If Kynareth and Zsuzsa heeded her, Nyra would then say...
"Let him explain himself! His companion is neutralized, to a dire extent. She's not dead, but...This is my error, let me correct it if I can." 
Health (100/100)
133 Posts
Ooc — Sen
Since Rye went inactive, will still have Zsu take his hit but will leave his presence vague-ish.

Her teeth latched on, sinking into the male’s skin to tear him away from assisting his companion. This wouldn’t go without him biting Zsuzsa in return, as his jaws caught onto her left shoulder and she felt the searing puncture of fangs. She snarled in agitation. For a fleeting moment, her peripheral vision caught glimpse of Kynareth snapping at his flank. The Acolyte felt her Grandmaster hovering near, tag-teaming with her but too caught up in the heat of the moment to truly register this all at once. The lone wolf released his grip from Zsuzsa’s fur, and when he did so, adrenaline would cause her to lurch forward for her to snag on again…

… until Nyra roared out a command to stop.

Zsuzsa stopped, catching herself before latching onto the male. The other lone female was laid out, motionless except for slight breathing she could manage out. She was disabled, badly. Zsuzsa’s own breathing was labored herself, more so heaving in adrenaline excitement and getting her frenzy under control. Her eyes then transfixed to Kynareth, silently pending his reaction. Nyra’s declaration broke through the scuffle and if the male decided to take off as how he was no match for the Saints at the moment, Zsuzsa’s focus was now on the debacle of the downed female.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
His brain twitches when Nyra’s scream to stop sounds out to him. Ears drifting back suddenly, his brows crease with irritation. Already in a permanently bad mood because of his most recent captive, he is not having it. He’d rather listen to the irrational part of his basic canine Braintree hat tells him to kill. It’s always so much easier.

He shakes off his rich pelt and that sneer in still on his face as he stills next to Zsuzsa. Auds flicks towards Nyra, then deadpanning to the stranger male and his ‘tired’ friend. “You border our lands. Explain yourself and plead for your life, or you will die.” He ends, a bit more dramatic than he usually is.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye snarled as the last wolf backed away, anger seeped into his blood and straight down into his bones. There was nothing stopping him from fighting until his very last breath. All the fibers in his body enboldened him like never before but seemingly, like a ray of sunshine peircing through a foggy meadow, Effies' presence reminded him it was not only his life on the line. For now, Rye would remain defensive. 

Their questions were expected, although Rye was unsure he could hold his tongue from speaking expletives, there was quite a few unique words that needed a chance to use. "Somewhere around here was our home!" He seethed, "But I can see rats have moved in." He said between snarls and growls. His fur was standing on its ends, straighter than the tall pine trees and superficially as sharp as porcupine needles. Every inch of him was on high alert but the status was fading the longer he stood, his wound dripped the precious crimson he needed to stay fit and his body was beginning to see - and feel - other priorities.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As Rye was finishing his words, by the time he said "in", Nyra bared her teeth fully at him in a full display of dominance " Don't make me regret asking them to stop, now. There's three of us, and your friend has been neutralized. Therefore, after your spitting, tell us why we should bother to not eat you both? And trust me." She licked her teeth ominously, "We would eat you." 
Health (100/100)
133 Posts
Ooc — Sen
If he only realized how fortunate he was that Nyra gave him an opportunity to explain, and he was fucking it up for himself attempting to act bravely in the face of three pack wolves. Standing shoulder to shoulder with Kynareth and Nyra, her gaze was cold steel upon the male as the Harbinger chewed into him instantly. “…you mean was your home.” Zsuzsa said in corrective spite to him after Nyra was through. Like it or not, this was in proximity of Saints territory now.

“Unless you want to be like your friend there, I'd highly recommend heeding her words.” The Mackenzie said sharply, curling her lip back. “Our borders are overdue for a fresh coat of blood anyhow.” Zsuzsa sneered, licking her lips of the taste of him on her tongue when she bit down into him, doubling down on their threats. She saw the crimson of his wound beginning to stain his pelt. He and his friend would make for a nice retouch over the original sacrifice’s blood splatter along their territory rocks and trees.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
But I can see rats have moved in. 

The words have Kynareth smirking dangerously. His aura menacing and the cocky way he moves himself towards the other male says that he’s not in the mood for an argument. He lowers his massive head, a twitch on his lips as he snarls down to him.

“I think you’re the rat.” He teases, that same smile twisting his wrinkled muzzle maliciously. “We’re here to clean house.” He ends dramatically. 

He lifts his head then. As if he was, quite literally, royalty. “Beat it before I kill you, kid.” He purrs. “There’s no such thing as gods in this valley, but it seems you’re lucky that I’m not tearing up that pretty pelt of yours.” A quick pause. “Now run and I might not decorate myself with your blood.”
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
I will be archiving after my reply, thank you all for the thread!

Rye took the male at his word, turning away and walking the other direction. His home was no more, and the wolves he knew were lost to the vastness of Teekon. A mile long list of possibilities as to where his pack went would be impossible to comb through. Everything was twisted, mangled and unmanageable, all that was left to do was walk. 
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."