Hideaway Strath There was not one city which was too strong for us.
21 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
He woke to the cold and the dark and knew not why, for those liminal moments, until his racing mind settled and he could recall himself beyond the dreaming of the night. The sun may have risen but Gilead did not see it and barely felt it, for the Shade was strong here, and he found himself mourning the absence.
It was his intent this morning to find a place to commune with his god; he need not be private about it, and in fact he sought the warmest corridors between the trees so that the Lord might lead him to the proper place. He tread through the heart of the claim and followed trail after trail. Some doubled back upon themselves, others coiled in the manner of a snake, and so Gilead became lost among the shadows.
He stopped when his legs were too tired to hike; his mouth was dry, he had yet to eat or drink anything this day. The many trees all looked the same: empty of green, reaching from the foul earth for the sky, their many hands tangled in a way that blocked out much of the light. Gilead would not fall victim to his frustration.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I hope you don't mind if I snag this one? :> 

Perhaps it was fate that lead the Harbinger to patrolling through the Strath at this moment. 
Not that Nyra was one to ask a higher power about why she did things.

Following the Ravens in her dreams didn't turn up much besides deeply buried memories. 

With a low rumble, Nyra continued to prowl through the thick trees, eventually laying her burning gaze on Gilead. With an unenthused chuff, the giant woman stopped a few lengths from him. 
She would have spoken, but wasn't currently sure what to say.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
21 Posts
Ooc —
So it was the Lord sent the woman to him; there was goodness radiating from her and like a beacon his eye was drawn to find the pale body waiting for him.
She was immense—like the giant man before her—except marked with purity where he had been barred in shadow and dirt. She met his look with a golden gaze that thrilled him.
Blessed I am, for in my time of need He sends a guide to me. Gilead praises, his voice carrying despite the comment being meant for himself and not truly for her. He moves towards her with eager strides.
Greetings, radiant one. Your protector Kynareth welcomed me unto the fold the other day—I am Gilead. He nods his chin slightly as a greeting but otherwise remains poised with pride, watching her.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Never did I assume we'd welcome these types of looneys. Nyra thought inwardly, silent and untelling as the male spouted confusing religious talk. 

Gilead, huh? 
Unamused but pleasant-voiced, the Harbringer swayed her raised tail "I am Nyra, Harbinger of the Saints. Welcome to the hunt, Gilead. " She responded. 
New as he is, Nyra wouldn't be surprised if Gilead didn't yet know the hierarchy. But even so, she supposed as long as he wasn't a sexist asshole then she could play nice
Health (100/100)
21 Posts
Ooc —
Ah! A seer! Gilead bursts with delight at the woman's title; how odd that the giant man would bestow such a title upon a woman, but... He did not know better. What omens did this woman carry with her? It was a shock that Gilead would find the voice of the Shade here so quickly too; but he did not know what to do with this information, pocketing it for now.
I am in search of a quiet place for my own purposes. Do you know of any? It need not be secluded. I would prefer it be well lit; alas, so far I have found only darkness in this strath of yours. Could you show me the way to such a place?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her eyes, void of warmth as they were despite the blazing inferno within them, somehow turned a smidge more icy. 
Nyra's history with the religious had done her much harm. Why it was this moment she started considering throwing Gilead into a fear-driven submission was beyond her.

Nevertheless, she didn't move from where she was, instead continuing to present as pleasantly as possible. 

Completely ignoring his assumption of her being a seer; "A well-lit area, huh?" The Harbinger echoed with mild thought, tsking softly with a thoughtful tick of her tongue as she looked around...
"Hmmm, no, I can't think of any at the moment. See, our pack recently relocated here from a canyon, somewhere in the mountain range to the East. Though, not the one neighboring us." Nyra clarified the last sentence with a light tilt of her head toward the Bonesplinter Ravine and the mountains at the other end of it. 
"Perhaps all of us should explore this place more often, no?" She quirked the ghost of a smile then.
Health (100/100)
21 Posts
Ooc —
Gilead took the news of their relocation with a raise of one brow. It was not so strange to think these heathens had been driven from a holy space such as the canyon the seer spoke of; such a realm would be blessed with clear views of the sky and the warmth of the Lord would surely burn at them.
Unfortunate that she could not help him. He would manage either way—he had faith in that.
Indeed! I will seek out such a place for myself, though.. Should you come across one, do let me know? Perhaps it was the will of his Lord that he divert from the seer's path? Gilead was wary of her—despite her fine clean looks, there was something unhinged about her that could not be trusted.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Added a conclusion and archived

He seemed unsurprised that the Saints had relocated, as for his words--

"Whatever places we do come across here, regardless of if we find them alone or not, are to be shared with all packmates. Unless such a place is your den," Referencing a den such as an abandoned fox den or similar, "Then, sharing a den is up to you and whatever partner you wish to share it with." 
A thought.

"Before you go, would you care for a spar? It's only right you know how to defend yourself somehow, should someone not be warded solely by your words." She was genuinely trying to be helpful, in some way, but if a wolf could smile as wolfishly as any human can, she would be smirking that way now. 
Would she tell him about Ursus, or the things Kynareth was planning? 
Did the Grandmaster tell Gilead such?
To both, Nyra wagered at a simple no. Still, she took a few fluid, prowl-like steps toward Gilead, lowering her head slightly. 
If he took her up on her offer, stood his ground, whatever one wanted to call it - great. 
If not, she might chase him a little bit, but she wouldn't make the effort to catch him.
"Don't worry, I won't hurt you like I would if I were to fight you." Nyra tried to reassure, lessening her predatory, raptoral grin into a softer smile. 
But try as she might with no ill intent, she couldn't truly control if, or how much, he trusted her. Especially right now.

With no response, she shrugged, saying her goodbyes and going off to patrol.
Health (100/100)