Hideaway Strath Up north’s getting cold soon
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
It seemed they were both conflicted in their own way—battling between two sides of themselves. His was the typical struggle between good and evil. He wished she could trust him but he implied he would only be nice to her if she did what he wanted her to do. That comment made defiance flicker across her face. She didn't like being backed into a corner, and she certainly didn't like being told what she could and couldn't do. She had made her own decisions since she was eight months old, and she wasn't about to start letting Kynareth make hers now. She would just have to find a different way to do things. If she went against him outright, he would only get angry, but she might be able to use his softness towards her to her advantage. She wondered how far she could push his promise that he would do anything for her?

She stopped walking when he did, and she stared at him with uncertainty in her gaze as he tried to explain why he did what he did. He wanted her, and she had told him to stay away. Even though he had understood her reasoning, he had still been so angry that he had kidnapped her. But he had also used her vulnerability against her, which would be harder for her to get past. She met his gaze and searched the golden depths. He wanted to fix things but he wouldn't change—the two statements were contradictory, and he seemed to realize that, his tone turning sad and his gaze holding a desire for things to be different. She wondered if she could bring that want closer to surface. 

She closed whatever distance was between them, her expression empathetic but still a little hesitant. There was a momentary flash in her mind of him over her, looking all of the monster he claimed to be, but she pushed it away. When she stood in front of him, she reached out and brushed her nose against neck. Fear settled in her chest, but she kept it hidden from him. Instead, when she lifted her gaze back to his, there was only determination and a softness reminiscent of the way she used to look at him. I'm willing to give you a chance, she told him. And I'm willing to try and see your side of things. She paused a second and watched his expression. But you will not use my trauma against me ever again. she demanded. I will never trust you if you can't promise me that. Of all the things he had done, that was the most damaging, and she wouldn't be able to work with him in any capacity if she was afraid he would try to manipulate her with the worst moment of her life.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 02, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 02, 2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 03, 2020, 12:21 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 03, 2020, 01:55 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 03, 2020, 06:27 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 04, 2020, 12:30 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 04, 2020, 05:41 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 05, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 06, 2020, 09:35 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 06, 2020, 11:08 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 07, 2020, 12:34 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 07, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 08, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 10, 2020, 12:56 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 11, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 14, 2020, 12:05 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 15, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 02:55 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 16, 2020, 03:25 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 04:32 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 16, 2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 05:18 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 16, 2020, 05:33 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 16, 2020, 05:51 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 16, 2020, 06:12 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - December 17, 2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - December 19, 2020, 04:11 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Simmik - January 07, 2021, 12:07 AM
RE: Up north’s getting cold soon - by Kynareth Deagon - January 09, 2021, 04:21 PM