Firefly Glen sweater weather
SIN CITY'S COLD AND EMPTY
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
Joining 
please let @Keres reply first

It was time to make a decision about his future. Nothing concencrete, mind, but something about survival. Winter was harsh, hunting wasn't his forte and he couldn't survive alone. Holland needed to run with a pack. He needed to force himself to socialize. If he lived alone, he'd be a crazy old hermit wolves went to for misfortune. He'd turn into a monster.

The point was, he required a few things out of life. Didn't we all? At least he knew what he wanted for now. A warm den. Patients to heal. Full belly and connections. Even if he begrudgingly didn't like many wolves, Holland needed their tones to tune out the world. So he opted to go to the Glen first. It was exactly where Keres said it was. He prowled along the border in the afternoon, one good eye squinting against the light behind him.

And then he called. A low yet deep howl, ringing across the Glen's territory. He waited after that, focusing both his eyes on the land beyond the border. Holland did not so much as step over it. He knew this dance well.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
I'm assuming its been about a week since they've seen each other, since he was up in Rising Sun Valley?? idk. timelines! LOL

Her head rose from her paws, ears perked at the vaguely familiar voice that called from the borders. Had it been longer than a week or so, she might not have recalled the voice, though she'd have answered regardless; Keres had told Osiris she wanted to help fortify the Glen, afterall and what better way to accomplish that then through herself into guarding the borders. But that was neither here nor there.

The voice that called out was Holland's and so, Keres was quick to rise, sending her own howl of acknowledgement up before going to meet him. It would be some minutes before she arrived, but when she did, it was with a smile and a gantle wave of her tail. Holland! Good to see you. Slowing to a stop before him, green eyes flickered over him as it to check his physical wellbeing before asking after him. How've you been?
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
It was Keres that appeared before him. Not an alpha. Not even a beta. To his limited knowledge, she was not any of those things. The woman did not have the stance of one. Her welcome was more like greeting an old friend. Too casual. His eyes squinted, wondering what to make of this. "Good enough" he grunts in reply, never one for long drawn out things. Nor bitching about the state of things. Just people. But they were so easy to bitch about...

"I have come to see what the Glen is like" Holland would say, picking the pieces of silence and throwing them away "and speak to your leaders" he added with a slight dip of his head. The man didn't want to admit so openly he couldn't survive on his own. He was not proud, but logical. If he admitted such things openly, others would think he was soft and useless. "if they are not busy." he finishes, still standing. Just in case things went south.

Just in case he was turned away.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Holland remained a man of few words, though this was hardly something to be upset or frustrated over. Satisfied with the answer he'd given, Keres nodded and listened instead as he forged onwards, saying more words at once than he had all together last they'd met. In some ways, she had not expected him to come 'round and join the Glen but the woman knew he, like Azon, would be a good addition. Especially since he was, apparently, a medic.

One of them will be around shortly, I'm sure. I simply happened to be closer to the borders. Still, she looked left, then right, seeing if Osiris (or one of the others) strode this way. When she did not spy them, Keres took a step back and loossed a short, informative howl, letting them know that Holland was here to join their ranks. That done, she looked to him once more. Is there anything you'd like to know in the meantime?
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
He would ponder her words. Perhaps it had been reckless of him to assume that the Glen would welcome him. Perhaps it was also foolish to expect to be taken in. He had no other options. There was Legion, of course, with Arbiter... however, this wooded area would assist him greatly. It was not about anything personal - he was quite sure Legion was a fine place as well - yet this Glen was sheltered. Secluded almost. Void of light. 

His photophobia would thank him for the assist.

"I suppose" Holland began slowly "I would care to know what your pack is about" he wasn't getting into shit, was he? Was this some false friendly faces, hiding a rough and tough place? He didn't mind work. He didn't mind working hard either. But he could not condone needless acts of violence. Especially upon the weak and innocent. "and what you all stand for." Yes, start with that. Keres seemed capable to answer in her leaders' absence.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had been patrolling when Holland called. Prompted by the howl, he re-routed his steps in the direction of where the stranger called. He had nearly arrived when Keres summoned him, informing him of the other wolf's intentions, and that was when he picked up his pace. 

"and what you all stand for," was what Osiris heard Holland say as he pulled up. He situated himself next to his aunt, but his attention was on the scarred wolf—from first glance, he appeared healthy, which was a good place for his observation to start. "There are many things that we stand for as a pack—loyalty, strength, hard work," he said, taking the conversational reigns. "Most of us are family; we originally lived upon the mountain to the west called Moonspear. I branched off to form this pack, with my parents' blessing: this wilderness's leaders. We strive to keep this land safe for all that live here." There was pride in his voice. 

Standing a little taller, Osiris finally introduced himself, "My name is Osiris, and I am the leader of this glen." 

"Who are you?" he asked.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
I can be skipped until Keres is needed/addressed!

Just as Holland finished asking his question, the leader in question strode up and answered in a way that left nothing unsaid. Having nothing to add or interject with, Keres stood next to her nephew with that same smile curling her lips, content to listen until something was required of her. Holland could no doubt answer and introduce himself, after all.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
Another wolf appeared, but this was no ordinary packmate of Keres. He took note of the pride in his tone as the younger male spoke. Alpha or leader, he supposed, only to be proven right. Holland dipped his head slightly, having no commitment yet to show humility. He wasn't sure what to make of this Osiris wolf so far. A young leader... he did not expect such a thing. "I am Holland" he did not look at Keres as he spoke, his eye focusing entirely on the male. "a healer."

There was no surname attached to him. Not anymore. Healing is what he could do. It was what he had been taught by years wandering, by hermits and vagabonds alike. "I am not averse to hard work" but loyalty had to be earned in his eyes. He left that part out. "my craft demands the mind and body's wellness first, yet I can defend myself. And others if need be." But he was also not a traditional fighter. He kept spars to exercise himself, to make sure he was fit and able. Meditation was also a thing he did.

"I wish to join your community." He did not want to overload the alpha with pointless self flattery, so he fell silent. Waiting to see what he did next.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Holland had dipped his head slightly, but his eye lingered. Osiris pushed his ears forward and huffed, warning the stranger that he wasn't entirely fond of being stared at by a subordinate. He didn't speak up on the issue, figuring that this was just, like, the rules of wolfism (??? I tried). 

[Image: 200.gif] 

When Holland spoke upon his skills, Osiris followed. The other wolf seemed more than capable, despite his ailment. Holland was heavily scarred, badges of past battles. Osiris couldn't help but wonder how his opponent had looked after their match. 

He glanced at Keres then, trying to gauge her opinion of the potential recruit.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Holland answered well, she felt, giving not only his name but the service and value that he could bring to the pack. While he was not of the same blood as many of them were, it would be good to have him among the ranks. Kukutux would have strong aid if something major were to happen, and the Glen would have it's own medic to rely upon. Not to mention that Holland looked to be a strong wolf, sporting muscles and scars both.

So it was that when Osiris' eye turned upon her, the silver Ostrega gave a small nod to him, indicating her personal approval, though she knew that his own would be what finalized the decision.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
It had been some time since he was around 'his betters'. Though Holland had quiet reservations about that statement, considering the wolf before him was much younger and not known to him... Rank meant little to a vagabond. He would show proper respect if approved, noting Osiris's huff and ears. The man tried to lower his head more, averting his eye only to focus on Keres now.

Her nod was given to the alpha, yet it was up to him to approve Holland. He was further silent, glancing back at Osiris in quiet expectance. Though this time his head was lower and his red eye did not hold the gaze as long. It finally dropped, realizing that he was placing his future in the paws of wolves he did not know. They did not know him either - so he could not blame them for having reservations about the man.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Welcome to the pack! After this next round, I'm going to excuse myself and you both can continue, if you'd like!

The combination of Holland's submission and Keres's approval appeased Osiris. "We would like to offer you a home here in Firefly Glen," he said with a nod, turning back dark-furred wolf, "Welcome, Holland." Osiris then took a step back, inviting the other wolf into their territory. 

"Are you hungry? We can go grab a bite to eat, and then show you around," he offered. Just as he had stopped speaking, a howl rose in the distance. It was @Leta, and it seemed like she had found another badger near the canyon. His ears dropped, and felt felt suddenly concerned. "Looks like I need to get going," he said, taking another step back. He offered Holland an apologietc glance; they'd catch up soon. 

"Keres, would you mind showing Holland around and grab him something to eat?"
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Can fade here if you want!

Her leader's approval was swift, a smile spreading across her maw as her tail waved behind her. Her ears flicked as a call rang through the air, concern developing as she looked to Osiris. I will. Call me if you need help. Badgers were awful, menacing little creatures and the more wolves to help with one, the better.

Her attention shifted to Holland now, who was officially a pack member and so, she moved forward to close their distance and mix their scents, silver fur rubbing againist black and russett for a brief moment before she stepped away. Craving anything in particular, food wise?
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
okay! EXIT/END

He had to get used to this.

Holland resisted his lip curling as Keres moved to close the distance, brushing against her pack mate in welcome. He was not an affectionate wolf and did not like others touching him... But he bit back a sigh and allowed it. The mingling of scents was to make sure the old pack member could pass on their smell to the new. He saw logic, he supposed, even if he didn't like it.

"I'll take anything" he croaked, not very picky. Holland moved over the scent line and further into the glen. But he did not take the lead - waiting for Keres to move first and show him. When she did, he would move after her. The man did not look back at the light. He moved further and further into the darkness, his coat swallowing him up easily.