Blackfeather Woods Find your way, through the mist.
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
@Zephyr
The woods seemed far less ominous now.  
The daylight helped, Celara thought. Now the sun had risen, and though little of his light pierced through the leaves, the forest seemed transformed. Strange and mysterious it still was, but now it seemed like a place of wonder, rather than fear.

But as pleasant as it was, sunlight by itself was not the explanation. Celara had a pack again. She didn't need to run between the territories, never staying for more than a few nights, to be wary of any wanderer she smelt. It felt wonderfully right, freeing despite the obligations it brought her. This was how a wolf was meant to live.

Alas, the she-wolf's joy was brought low soon after she breakfasted. Once she caught two small fish in a stream, Celara remembered that she could not just hunt and guard. If she wanted to truly be part of this pack, she would need to know the other wolves within, and that would mean talking to them. 

She could probably put most of that off for a few days, but at the very least she should probably learn to recognize the co-leader. She didn’t want a repeat of what had happened with Ibis, she thought, a flicker of longing appearing and being squashed. Not every wolf would be as kind as she had been, after all.

When she at last trotted back to the camp, Celara made sure to look around, checking for any sign of which other wolf led besides Rowan. She could ask, but she would prefer not, if she could help it. Best not to bother him unless she needed to.
The wraith is unaware that his subordinate is searching for him, but luckily, he's in the area — and interested in meeting the newcomer. He's already heard a little about her from @Rowan, but it's important to Zephyr to know all of the wolves under him. So when he spots her, he heads toward her, posture friendly, dominant yet bordering neutrality. He prefers a bit more subtlety than his co-leader, though he respects and shares his dominant tendencies. Hello. You must be Celara, He greets, studying her. I'm Zephyr. Rowan told me about you.
common || « french »
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
Celara was mildly surprised by the wolf that walked toward her, but when he spoke, she understood. This would makes things easier. She took a position of submission and respect, her head slightly bowed and her tail part way between her legs, but did not show any of the nervousness she felt in her gaze. "Yes, I am Celara." Her voice was polite and showed little emotion; formality was easier than anything else when she spoke to those more powerful than herself. "You are the second leader, yes?" A question she was pretty sure she knew the answer to, but one that should be asked anyway. Celara had been taught this, long ago- she shut off that line of thought. Celara needed to remain focused on the present.
Polite and cool; an ideal packmate. He relaxes his posture, a cue for her to do the same, and offers a nod of approval. I am, He confirms, turning toward the border with a gesture for her to follow. Patrol with me? I like to get to know everyone in Ivory Rose. Rowan and I value the opinions of our followers. The explanation is simple, lacking any grandeur or projection of superiority. It's simply the way they lead — and hopefully appealing to Celara. For now, he knows not to count on her continued presence; far too many people have left his life for him to trust that she'll be a permanent fixture.
common || « french »
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
She rose back into a normal position at his cue, with some relief. She did not look forward to the patrol, which would be nerve-wracking and awkward at the very least, but she'd been through worse. A memory flashed of another leader, pure white and far too thin- she pushed away the thought. The Empire was gone. She should forget about it. "Of course." She said, in answer to Zephyr, as she began to follow him. The she-wolf did not speak more, simply waiting for any questions the second leader might ask.
Her silence is a welcome opportunity to collect his thoughts, though he wonders if first impressions have left her intimidated. There is no hesitation in her movements, however, so he takes that as a good sign and tries not to read too much into her reticence. Perhaps she's simply a wolf of few words. What made you decide to join us? He asks after a moment, glancing to her briefly. Is there something in particular you were looking for in a home?
common || « french »
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
Why had Celara decided to join Ivory Rose? She had been alone, but Kaistleoki would have been a safer choice, even if she had to walk longer to reach it. She considered the question for a time.
"My last pack was broken from the inside. This one is stronger. But not crueler." Her words weren't wrong, exactly. She was indeed relieved by the pack's focus on strength and protection. But she had only learned about it after she had made her decision to join. "Besides... I liked the territory. It felt secure." She admitted, having the feeling that the other wolf might spot her near-lie. The forest, however creepy she had found it at first, did feel protective, in its own way. Feeling like she'd spoken enough, Celara waited for Zephyr's response.