Moonspear Another mission
98 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
| hydra's scent is on her since they traveled from Haunted Woods to MSP together!
| Partly Cloudy, 21F
| 11:00PM

The journey was long but that was nothing new for the flame. Her paws no longer ached like they did when she was traveling with the healer for a while, callouses already formed on the tender puppy pads into a tough shell and her legs had already built enough muscle to keep up with Hydra on their journey to her lands. The landscape quickly changed from the misty dark woods of her birthplace to something taller and looming. It reminded her of where the healer had tried to drop her off, and momentarily she was angered, thinking Hydra would do the same...

But this place was different. Her frown softened as she took in the air, everything was different other than the simplistic idea of a mountain. This one felt strong, the scent was overwhelming in its presence, unlike anything she had come across before in her journey. No pack felt this full, not to her knowledge and senses. It was dizzying even for someone who had spent so long on her own. 

She was cautious about entering, despite Hydra's invitation to join them - she still felt like an outsider. Having not belonged to a pack since her smaller days, it felt dangerous. Her new mentor left for the time being to attend to a few things, letting Conquest slowly acclimate to her new environment. She did not hide, with a pelt like hers it was impossible to do, after all, instead, she wandered slowly... steadily inward. Crimson eyes wary and watchful, ears on guard for any lurking sound nearby. The young Rache was on high alert, every fibre of her being, of her instincts, telling her to leave this place. 

It wasn't often she went against her gut feeling, it had kept her alive this long. For once, she trusted someone else more than her natural inclination for self-preservation, and that individual was Hydra. Should this one fall through too, Conquest would be lost forever, never to trust again and simply wander a beast of instincts to feed and protect her own skin.
[Image: zaR4vWK.gif]
The desire to conquer is itself a sort of subjection.
New Threads: closed
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had shared with her children (@Mira, @Caelum, and @Altair) news of their latest arrival, and her expectations that they treat the girl as family. With that expectation, Hydra was sure their own brand of love and affection (more often rough than not) would be administered to Conquest in her own initiation with her cubs. That time would surely come, but it was Hydra who found Conquest this day before any other, her cubs included. 

Descending from the heights she had lingered to stand watch, Hydra arrived before Conquest and brushed against her (if permitted) to exchange their scents for good measure. She could sense the youths uncertainty, and could not fault her. Should she be mistaken for a trespasser, she might not make it from where she stood alive. But Moonspear as a whole was told of all new arrivals, Conquest included... and it seemed her own scent still lingered. 

Come, Hydra drawled, gaze shifting now toward a gentler incline they could take upward and inward. Conquest need not worry about being alone any longer, should that have been something she fret over. Moonspear and all of its members, herself included, would see to that much.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
98 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She wasn't sure what Hydra was doing, but nor did she question it. Her father's friend was gracious enough to welcome her as one of them, to give her home once again and even if she couldn't be certain on how to properly be "one of them", the flame was confident that in time she would learn. All she had to do was be patient and listen to the guidance, to mimick all she would eventually find - and maybe not get frustrated and blow it all in a matter of seconds, burning down her chances in a glorious fury. 

Eventually, Hydra returned, the shadow slinked from the mountain and immediately greeted her once again. Naturally, she returned the favour thinking this was proper and possibly rude to not lean into the brushing. In her awkward way of showing appreciation, a low rumbling vibrated in her chest - sort of a pseudo purr that could easily be mistaken for some kind of strange growl. 

With Hydra here now, she was more inclined to move. Proudly carrying herself along the trail with heavy, confident strides. Nothing new that the healer didn't already drag her through on their travels. Now only taking her time to observe her surroundings as opposed to watching every angle around her for attackers. It would take time to call this place anything close to home, already she missed the mist of the woods - but this would do for now. Perhaps the mountain would help build muscle too should she continue to pace these rocky terrains.... already her mind of becoming better. Stronger. 

Glancing over to her new guardian. What do I do? She was at a total loss.
57 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Caelum was nearby when he heard his mother's voice — 'come' — and as though summoned, he arrived by her side. He ignored the stranger, even though he had been told to welcome her; this was his way. He was cold to his siblings, too; acknowledging them, but more often than not he did not speak directly to them or greet them. Considering the meeting was underway already he did not greet his mother either, simply fell in line as she beckoned the newcomer to come with and followed as her shadow.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra heard the question from Conquest, and turned to look at her as she moved. The question asked gained her all the more respect; the girl did not presume to know it all, which meant she was willing to learn. An approving look was rewarded to the girl, before she drawled, asking questions is always a good start, she hummed, and if I am not given a satisfying answer... I watch, and I learn. I advise you to do the same. Not all answers provided will be the answers you wish to hear, she started, beginning with a life lesson she had taught all of her children. And there is much to be gained in watching, and waiting, she continued, thinking of all the boons patience had given her. 

As for today, though? We will get you acclimated to the terrain, today. There is a place I think you might appreciate, she hummed, eyes bright. It was then her quiet son arrived, slipping into place as she spoke. Hydra regarded him firstly with a flick of her ear, pleased for his presence among them as she spoke on, The Pale. It is not in the highest reaches of Moonspear, but it is some ways from our lowlands. 

It was then she turned toward Caelum, humming, Caelum, this is Conquest, she introduced, formally now—she had shared with her children of her impending arrival—and thten her gaze turned back toward the girl, Conquest, this is one of your new peers... Caelum, she wondered how Conquest would bond with each of her peers; she seemed a woman who shared their suspicious spirit, as unafraid to use her teeth as Caelum seemed to, and Mira too. Altair, also, but first he would see if his words might find a different means. In any event, Conquest could learn much from her peers too; they had been thoroughly socialized, and Conquest could learn from those around her own age just as she could from her elders, given her limited time with her own agemates.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
98 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The new dark figure slinking toward them from the shadows caused a flurry of fur to fly up from the young lady's back. Shimmering in the dim light, catching the dim light from the moon above - she really did stick out like a sore thumb in comparison to Hydra and whoever else had just joined them. She remained close to Hydra's side for now and eyed the new lad cautiously at first. 

Watch and learn, she nodded. Finally, something she was accustomed to doing. Perhaps the only way she had survived this long without a guardian. Mimicking all adults she came across, their mannerisms, especially loners, was key to finding the best ways to keeping a full belly, and safe from too much harm. 

I'd like to see it. The pale. Trying to move her fiery gaze from the boy who shadowed Hydra, now called Caelum.. apparently one of her new peers, whatever that meant. She focused on the path ahead, wondering what in the world a place called "the pale" could possibly be and why she would appreciate such a place. It was beyond her imagination.
57 Posts
Ooc — Iris
feel free to skip me, Caelum is just following <3

He was introduced to someone named Conquest. Caelum looked at her and nodded in a curt, polite greeting. She just looked at him, seeming wary, and Caelum turned his attentions to his mother when she explained more. Then Conquest said she wanted to see the place his mother had described. Caelum was silent, following behind to wherever his mother would choose to go first.