Firefly Glen sometimes we just think too much
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
Trade 
good for caregivers (medic), ambassadors, and maybe naturalists

For the first time in quite some time, Tabriëlle felt a flush of relief. No longer was she an isolated, wandering soul—hauling the remains of her spirit to what little sanctuary she could find. No, she had possibilities now. A future. Something that could be born again from the ashes that haunted her. A reason, and perhaps soon, even a smile. Perhaps.

The frail she-wolf made her way through the glen, slowly—as if carrying months’ worth of aches. Truth be told, she was surprised she had managed to travel so far without fainting…or worse. Licking her dry lips, Tabriëlle’s blue orbs searched for a nearby stream or body of water. Something to satiate her overwhelming thirst.

It didn’t take her long to locate a thin stream running a few yards away and she awkwardly stumbled toward it. Lowering her maw, she bent as if to take a drink—though came up short. She looked a mess. Her usually beautiful white coat was matted and filthy and what once was a curvy frame appeared bony and unpleasant to the eye.

Is that me?
0/5
SIN CITY'S COLD AND EMPTY
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
oh boy a trade thread

"Do you require aid?"

A soft, yet deep baritone sounded behind the woman. Holland stood, looking over the young wolf with a critical red eye. She looked like she saw better days, that's for sure. She was a newcomer from the smell, just recently accepted into the Glen... Almost like him.

But he did not force her if she did not want help. Holland waited for her to acknowledge him, keeping his distance. Just in case she had been through too much to want company. Just in case she needed space. But he was here. In case she needed it.
3/5
2/10
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
@Holland

A multi-toned figure obscured by the water appeared behind Tabrielle, soon followed by a smooth voice—causing the she-wolf to jump and quickly whip about, taking a rather defensive stance. She was surprised to see a handsome male looking over at her. She let out a small gasp. His red eye was—startling. Something she had not seen before. He seemed…almost welcoming.

Almost.

Cautiously, Tabrielle took a few steps closer, her paws barely touching the earth as if she would not hesitate to run at the slightest indication of aggression.

Yet—
there was something
comforting
in the moment-
and Tabrielle
found herself inching toward
him.

“Yes, thank you,” she replied civilly with a polite nod  “My name is Tabrielle. And you?” In truth, she was anxious, she could only assume that this was a medic and if this was a routine pack analysis, he would surely see the burn marks covering her body and then what--? Would he report back to the Alpha? Could this jeopardize her acceptance?

She watched him, curiously.
0/5
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
He gives a nod, inching closer at her consent. A mental look was given to the woman, noting the burn markings - from a fire? - and her skinny appearance. "Holland" he replies to his new patient, stopping shortly in front of her "I am a medic in the Glen." The only one they really had.

"Please tell me what you feel" he requested, still quiet "and where you feel discomfort." Both the mind and the body were equal in his eyes. The woman could be mentally healthy, but her body could fail. Her mind could be shattered but her body fine. It looked a bit of both to him -

But did he really know for sure? No. That's why he patiently waited for her to describe the details.
3/5
2/10
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
@Holland

She found her chest tightening as the wolf skimmed her form, and in a strange way she felt—vulnerable. “Holland,” she repeated and then “that’s a nice name.” As she suspected, he was a medic and he seemed to quickly go to work assessing her condition; however, a sudden question caught Tabrielle off guard.

What I feel?

It was such an inviting question. Such a comforting thing to hear after traveling for so long and carrying so much heartache and stress. Gazing over at Holland, she suspected he would willingly listen to her story if she offered it to him. But now, more than ever, she didn’t want to be a sob story in the eyes of a handsome pack-wolf. She wanted to be…at least mostly untarnished.

“I think there is something wrong with one of my back paws,” she insisted—pushing back tears. “Please have a look, Holland.”
0/5
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"Very well" he made no remark on her compliment, not a vain creature but he did store it away. Taking subtle note of it. Holland had given himself that name after all. Tabrielle requested he look at one of her back legs and he moved closer, circling her and crouching down. "please stick it out for me..." he requests.

The medic expects her paw pads to be sore, even burned. He had come across a plant called aloe in his travels to the Teekons. But aloe did not grow here. Nonetheless, the juice soothed cuts and burns. He wished he had some now. "Were you traveling a long time?" he askes the woman for want of keeping her distracted from the pain.
3/5
2/10
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
@Holland

Instinctively, Tabrielle lowered her tail between her legs as Holland circled her—realized what she was doing and then quickly changed demeanor. Careful not to smack Holland in the face, she gently raised her left paw, causing her thin limbs to tremble slightly as she exposed the raw paw pads.

Tabrielle blushed at Holland’s touch, though winced at the pain. Still, she did not pull away from him and remained an obedient patient, letting the medic take a closer look.

“Yes, I-uh…well—it’s been many moons,” she replied calmly. “Are you happy here?” she asked, glancing away.
0/5
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
Her paw pads were swollen, cracked and caked with old and new blood. He bit back a sigh. If only this was summer, he would have a den full of herbs to use. Holland mulled over what to do for her before giving a short nod to himself. He leaned to the side, making sure he was in sight of Tabrielle. 

"You need to clean your paw pads" he instructed "take the dirt, blood and excess pebbles you picked up off of you" she would feel better walking around then "then get a bath" he also adds, but doesn't curl his lip. He wasn't saying she stunk "the water will wash the road off."

She might even feel better after the water hugged her frame. Water calmed and cleaned. Before he could add more, she directed a question at him. Holland could lie to make her feel better, but he didn't like to lie. "I am new to the Glen" he gave her softly "happiness has to be achieved..."

He paused. "...Longterm."
3/5
2/10
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
@Holland

Quietly, she surveyed his form, noticing the unique discoloration of scars lining his side. Realizing she was once again—staring—she made a point to avert eye contact. Not wishing to provoke a growl from the attentive male.

“Yes, I can do that...” she responded, lowering her paw and glancing back over her shoulder at the stream. It was a bit small for a bath; though, if she were to follow it, she might stumble upon something larger. “…though a larger cleaning area may be in order?” she added, as if suggesting he accompany her.

Happiness has to be achieved…long-term.

Tabrielle turned back to face the medic, a faint smile appearing across her lips. She tilted her maw as if to say Who are you exactly? and gave her tail a subtle wag.
0/5
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
He follows her eyes, noticing the stream. It would do for now. Until she could find another place to bathe, her raw pads were more of a concern than her fur. "Clean your paws first" he instructed quietly as Tabrielle looked back at him "I will help." He moves to rise, offering his shoulder to the woman.

If she had traveled a long time, it may be sudden for her to move up and down and all around. She looked exhausted so he did not mind helping her to the stream. Physical discomfort was set aside to assist his patient. "You will feel better after it." he vows to the woman.
3/5
2/10
18 Posts
Ooc — RWBY
Tabrielle’s ears swiveled at Holland’s quiet command and she was surprised to see him move toward her, offering his shoulder. She paused, wondering if this was some sort of test or trick. Unfortunately, she wasn’t in the position to demand her independent recovery—and there was a part of her that was revitalized by the nearness of another, after traveling alone for so long it was almost…healing.

Slowly, Tabrielle moved beside Holland and gently brushed against his side, a silent display of trust before resting her head against his shoulder. She didn’t realize how tired she was.

And somebody was—
here
And that
was everything.

“I suspect I will owe you a favor after this, Holland…” she breathed, bracing herself.
0/5
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"You don't owe me anything..." It felt odd to be thanked, let alone given favor when someone needed help. Holland always thought he didn't need to be given either. Helping others was a reward in itself for many reasons. He chose to focus on the fact that others would need assistance and he was readily available with plenty of time.

"Ready? I will walk now" the man says to her, taking a few steps forward. The stream wasn't far "lean against my shoulder if you need to steady yourself." Holland instructed, taking a few more. Eventually it was a slow pace, but Tabrielle wouldn't fumble on his watch. She could remain steady, and he braced himself for her added weight if she needed it.
3/5
2/10