Meadowlark Prairie I've been losing sleep while I'm at home
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
All Welcome 
Evening; Date fuzzy
The herds had overgrazed on the particular patch of grass Taikon was inspecting. He knew well that there was no universe he stood any chance at finding anything larger than a grouse, but he noted the age of the scat he found anyway. There would be very little time left where the animals would even have access to the meadow in its proper form — soon, the ground would be coated in a thick layer of snow. Hunting then would be easier.
Taikon moved on, searching dutifully for a meal to feed his makeshift family. The darkness had already set in, but limited moonlight gave him vision. The birds were all at rest or migrated entirely. He sensed a skunk wandering about, avoiding it knowingly. It looked as though he may go home without a prize, but he was unwilling to give up so soon.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The weather was becoming colder. Surely winter had begun to settle in. Luckily for Cordelia, the snow had not. Not yet anyway. She had been on her own for many months now and without being overdramatic, she felt as though she were going to die.

Cordelia had no clue how to survive on her own. Her time in the Wilds was undeniably the most challenging time of her life. Injured, kidnapped, starved, left to rot in a pit, and just recently accidentally wandering into a territory in the process of being claimed and nearly being attacked for doing so. Even without interacting with other wolves, living in the wilderness was tough enough for her. She knew how to hunt small game, mostly rodents and birds, but nothing more. The constant search for the game was tedious and often lead her into unpleasant places. But what was she to do. With no one out there to help her learn the ways of the land, she was bound to make considerable mistakes.

All she could do was take things one step at a time and one day at a time. But as the days got colder she wasn't sure if she would be able to do that for much longer.

Her only mission now was to catch a meal and a meadow seemed the best place for a varment or feathered being.

She had been camping out in an area of tall grass since midday. Her small physique made it easier for her to conceal herself. Though her white and silver fur obviously prevented her from complete camouflage. Surely something could cross her path eventually and come evening the birds would come to find a place to rest for the evening. Waiting also spent fewer calories than searching.

But as she lay in waiting, the form of a white male came into view and she huddled herself even closer to the ground. Praying that he would not find her. Bad things always seemed to happen when she meet other wolves.
Cordelia's identity is currently unknown to the wolves of the Teekon Wilds. 
She is known by all as Corra.

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
What he found was not prey, but wolf. At first, Taikon was unsure that he should approach another, not knowing the scent and not recognizing anything of the Ivory Rose. He knew there were others in the area like Luna's new pack, but he didn't think this person smelled like that. Knowing well what it was like to feel scared and alone, he sought the other out intentionally with his nose, finding her at last crouched in some tall grass. Her lovely white figure gave her away in the darkness.
Hey, he offered gently, allowing his own form to bend a bit so she might feel less threatened. I was just out hunting; didn't expect to catch you, he smiled in a goofy, sideways jest. It wasn't a particularly funny joke, but he hoped at least she might feel more relaxed.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
She could see him actively searching. His nose was twitching and his head shifted with the slight changes of the wind. It didn't take him long to find her and once he had she didn't know what to do. She could flee, but there was no certainty that he could not outrun her, and making things difficult for him could result in harsher treatment. His intentions were likely pure but given Cordelia's past experiences and his choice of words the hairs on the back of her neck began to rise. His voice was pleasant and as always a part of her wanted to trust him. But his pleasant tone was similar to that of the titan that guided her to her imprisonment. His choice of the word "capture" didn't ease her warry mind any.

He looked as her with a smile on his face. Did he think this was a game? She wondered. "Is that your intended now? To capture me?" she asked directly though the lightness of her voice was ever present. What would playing coy do for her now that he was so close?

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
He realized then that he probably should have just let her be. She seemed ready to run, and at this he decided to take a step back, so she knew he wouldn't try to pursue her. The woman had an interesting face, narrow and spotted with tiny dots he hadn't seen before. By her response, it was honestly hard for him to tell if she was trying to flirt with him or not. It reminded him a bit of Lunaria.
I don't know, do you want to be captured? He asked, a lopsided grin splashed across his face. His tail waved once. The white she-wolf was a welcome distraction from what was going on in his life. Taikon said it without understanding what she'd been through, of course.
Indeed, to him it was a game.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
He took a step back and it offered her a bit of comfort. Whatever he wanted it didn't seem like he was impatient enough to take it by force. Not yet at least. She could tell that his eyes were lingering on her face. His face then turned and a grin came across his face. The thought of her capture didn't seem to disturb him and she began to think that perhaps her comment was a suggestion he was beginning to consider. She was troubled with how to respond. Her initial response was a mixture of feigned confidence and fear. She wasn't sure what side of the spectrum her answers were coming from as she responded "Having been before, I'd prefer to avoid it."

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
And then it wasn't a game at all. He couldn't tell how she was feeling from her voice, though it remained light. It was no longer levity he assumed coating her, however. Taikon, of all people, knew very well what the horrors of life could do to a person. He had also grown up in a society where slavery was normalized.
The smile faded from his features, and his ears bowed as he lowered his head respectfully. I'm sorry, I was.. It wasn't a very good joke, he said, knowing that claiming 'I was only kidding' was hardly something that a woman feeling powerless was wanting to hear. Are you okay? He didn't know what her state was. He didn't know if she was escaping someone or something, in which case her hiding would have made much more sense. If you're.. not okay, I can help, he offered, knowing nothing about her. Just as he had done with Zephyr, he was quick to offer space for her to need whatever she wanted, and for him to give whatever she needed.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
His smile deteriorated and his head lowered. There was a sense of regret and respect within his stance. His wording was slowed before he confessed to telling "a bad joke." A bad joke! She thought. What kind of company was he keeping that joking about depriving someone of their freedom and will to live was humorous. The thought disgusted her and the only thing redeeming about this encounter was his obvious regret for his actions.

His tone then changed to that of concern as he asked about her welfare. She looked up at him hesitantly, warry of his newfound concern. "I've been better and I've been worse," she said sheepishly. He then offered to help her in some way. "What do you mean you can help?" she asked.

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Without much information, Taikon wasn’t entirely sure what he could do for her. He contemplated for a moment just leaving her be right where he’d found her. It seemed obvious that she didn’t want to be bothered at all, and that his interruption and subsequent misunderstanding of her situation (which he still didn’t understand) had not been taken well.
But, ever the white knight and stubborn creature, Taikon merely avoided eye contact with her and offered an escape rope from whatever demons were chasing her. Well, my… he hesitated referring to it as “his” pack, since he felt little loyalty toward it at present. Still, he knew the relationship was a two-way street, and he was thankful Zephyr and Rowan had bothered to take him, Takiyok, and Taktuq in.
My pack, the Ivory Rose, is there, he gestured vaguely with his nose and head toward the dark forest. Though the setting itself was rather unnerving, it was a sheltered place like any other. If you need protection, it’s somewhere that can offer that, he said.
He had no idea if Zephyr would be in a good mood that day, or if any of them would appreciate Taikon dragging home another stray. Still, it was not right to leave her there with nothing when indeed he had something to give.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
OOC: Thanks for sticking with me. My muse has been a bit off lately. Sorry for that. I expect this can be archived after your next reply... Also sorry if this post is formatted strangely. I'm still learning the new features.

Cordelia didn't want to think that she was becoming more comfortable around this male, but she was. His determined efforts to lower himself to her level and avoid making eye contact were well noticed. There was something within her that strongly wanted to believes him, stand by his side, and allow him to whisk her away to his supposed pack of heaven. But that feeling has always been with her. Has always tried to see the good in other wolves, even when there were clear warning signs. Ever since arriving in the Wilds, she has had to listen to her head. Listen to the voice that told her she would never be safe. That to trust any of these wolves would result in more abuse and torture. But that voice wasn't right on its own either. The few times she had escaped from harsh times here had been because of the aid of others. In Cordelia's eyes, this encounter was a stone flip. Likely to land on either side. Pain or safety. 

She took note of the pack's name, Ivory Rose, and watched as he gestured over to a nearby wood. It was so close, within sight. Her salvation or continued downfall. It was clear to Cordelia that at this time there was nothing the male could do to convince her to follow him. No matter how cunning his wicked plan or sincere his intentions. 

There was hope, however. If she decided that this Ivory Rose was worth venturing to, she could go there on her own. On her own time and after the two voices in her head had come to a decision. But he mustn't know that, she thought to herself as she turned her head away from the woods and back to him. "If your words are true then I appreciate your offer. But I should like to remain here... alone... Or be given the grace to venture off and leave you" she stated. Thanking him if he were indeed truthful, and hoping that she could leave this conversation without him experiencing a personality shift.

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Hey no worries! I appreciate this thread very much and I hope Cordelia finds her way soon <3

The woman, who remained without a name, was wary as ever. He could hear it in her voice. He could feel the tension in her skin, even from the distance he had given her. Taikon did not know her story, but there was some part of him that wished to. Like many he had met before her, he knew well that life out here could be hard, if not impossible. He wondered what she was hiding from. He wondered what might live beneath the mask she wore.
But, the prince knew that it was not his place to pry. For she was nothing if not fearful or distrusting, and clearly there was some reason for her to be. Part of him wondered if she had once hailed from a kingdom like that his mother had run, if she had run from the enslavement of her people, and thus had stories too difficult to bear.
He nodded, still not looking at her. You are welcome, if you ever change your mind. My name is Taikon — just ask for me at the border, he said softly, his voice carried vaguely on the light winter wind.
With that, he left her there, intentionally moving in the opposite direction. His hunt had been unsuccessful, and he had done nothing but cause her anguish. He wished that she might have been in a place to take the offer, but he also knew what it was like to live life in the shadows. He knew she had her reasons.
Into the horizon he vanished.