King Elk Forest I got this shit on lock
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Joining 
| @Wren, @Cenric, @Célness
| Mostly Cloudy, 36F
| 7:00PM

Kingsled... King Sled? Kings Led, lead? He tried to remember the name that Wren gave him on their last meeting. He had taken his time following her scent here, hoping that he wouldn't look too desperate in following the pretty woman home and take her up on the offer to join her. He liked her after all. She was one of the few he had come across in these lands that didn't treat him like he had two heads or something. But going to see her the next day would seem too desperate right? He had to play it cool. He was a busy guy after all. Yeah, that's it. He had some stuff to do and now that he had some clearing in his calendar, he could swing by and see the 'babe'. 

Sliding up to the borders, teasingly close... not too close, he learned from Kaistleoki and how territorial some wolves were about their homes. Clearing his throat a couple of times, checking to make sure the smell of mint was still prevalent on his coat and didn't smell like some mangey stray - okay good, he was presentable to see her again. 

Clears throat again. Okay, here we go. 

Tilting his head back he calls for the leaders of the pack and of course, the pretty Wren too.
New Threads: closed
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
It was odd to say the least, how a handful of white wolves seem to be attracted to their forests. She remembered exactly around four wolves, and this encounter, making it a fifth. Upon approaching from the shadows of her forest, the King held a polite smile, she approached with a neutral stance but head held high, as noble as she believe she was, she prided herself to look the part.

"This is Kingslend, I am Célnes Déorwine, one of the Kings that lay claim here." As she heard the call, she was of course one of the first to follow. Cenric had caught the other one, and as sibling-rivarly would go, this was the amount she would give to him. Though truly did not have the High Elk's luck on her side, for everytime she was to the borders, the elken woman was always by someone they claimed to be cursed.

She of course, dared not think this one was considering on joining.

"What do you need?

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
She knew that call.

Well, not really. She hadn't heard Elijah call out before, only in frustration about not getting a fish to impress her. Wren hadn't minded then, and she certainly hadn't minded he decided to show up. He was fun to be around. Made her forget her troubles of the past.

"Elijah" she calls out to him, seeing his white frame in the near distance. She walked toward him calmly, despite having a happy step. "you -" she stops, realizing one of the Kings was here. Lowering her head in respect - Wren hadn't had time to see Celnes outside of the Jubilee - she approaches almost warily.

She does not look at her King directly, but there is a silent request to allow her to explain. "My King." she says respectfully, giving a further bow.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The first to arrive was some other brunette. The woman confirmed the pack's name and he knew this was the place that Wren was residing in! Nailed it. Hello Célnes, He smiled, trying to come off as well... not nervous about this first impression. He was hyper-aware of everything he did. Was he breathing too loud? Acting weird? Wow, it's been forever since he has even tried joining a pack just straight up.

Before he could really answer the King's question, Wren appeared! His eyes darted to the woman and smiled brightly, Wren! And Wren nearly immediately bowed to the "King" - prompting for Elijah to mimic her in a way to try and "fit in". Wren knew what's what already, so he may as well copy her to show he was willing to learn their ways and customs. That despite his appearance, he was friendly and willing to bow.

Your highness, he started, pausing only to swallow the thick lump in his throat. I was hoping if I could join you guys? I - I uh can hunt, and fight, I can do whatever you need to be done to round out your ranks. Shit, he would even learn how to heal or be a priest if thats what she wanted from him. I'm your blank slate ma'am. Come on dude, sell yourself.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
skippable!

having stood alongside célnes many times, germanicus felt she would perhaps notice how he moved closer to her as he approached the borders. a pale giant there, more imposing than any joiner who had come thus far.

a true heathen, an immediate threat in a different way than the internal politics of kingslend. and so he was not this time only attentive, but focused, the smoothbore targeting of his yellow eyes impassive, appraising, silent in guardianship over the king.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
As per' usual, her guard never leaving the side. He formally adapted to forshadowing in the background, and she gently eyed him so. Even Célnes could probably guess whatever the stoic man was thinking at the moment, for it was truly a.. Surprising scene, to say the least. She would never suspect a white wolf would even attempt to join them. While their more distasteful love for certain characteristics isn't wildly known, not too many seek to join the family-driven pack of Kingslend.

Surprisingly so, he also seemed to know Wren.

"Do you know, about the Déorwine culture?" The King hummed slightly as she asked the question to the male, "we have a very long history to praising the Deity, the High Elk, he with a thousand horns, and God to the elk-folk." As so many would praise and sing bible versus to his honor, she simply smiled to them all.. How sickening it was now.

"We strive to be the closest we can to him, with our colors of browns.. Though once upon a time did an ancestor betray him so, and as punishment stripped him of his color. He became white, much like yourself." The closer you looked to one of the elk, the more you were desired. Being away from any sort of brown was a sinful act, gold, black, gray, and even red was teetering at the edge. Seen as barbaric, dyed in blood as the brown hues became but a scarlet path to their demise.. And so they once were slaves.

"Only upon true worship and divinity can one gain forgiveness from him, and then their ancestors will be blessed with our beloved brown." It was a laughable, even if one did not do anything in their lifetime, they will always be cursed for being white. She was truly one of the beloved ones, brown in all her glory, and Célnes carried one of the signature Deorwine eye-color, orange with a rarity of a slice of pink; beautifully pumpkin-like, "repent and rejoice."

"Tell me, do you still join hearing this story?"

She would ask if he would follow their God's worship. The only way to truly gain the love from those in Kingslend was true remorse for actions of his ancestors, but no wolf would do so rationally. Momentarily did Célnes think about Whitney, even though she worshipped and prayed to him so, the albino would never be accepted.. Thankfully she disappeared before having to deal with that, but the chances of her being allowed were very swim.

A smile, not of warmth or delight, but fox-like as she silently though what would happen if she were to allow this man to enter their holy land.

I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
when you don't remember if its your turn

Celnes didn't seem interested in hearing Wren's hapless excuses. Did the brunette even have an excuse? She told Elijah where she was residing, and she expected a visit. Not a join. Her blue eyes snapped wide, opening with some shock. But the King continued on without her words. Several things were said, but most of all the main ones -

Wait.
Wait a moment.
Wait just a second.

White colors were frowned upon. High Elk aside, she knew that part, but it seemed there was more to what Cenric had told her. She glanced from Celnes to Elijah, looking apologetic to the latter. She hadn't known this. At all. She wouldn't blame him if he ran away from this crazy cult - looking like it more and more by the second. She didn't blame him if he ran from her.
0/10
0/10
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
His focus was on the King here, not on the shadow moving around watching them in the distance. He felt safe, didn't feel like he should be looking over everyone's shoulder, nor his own, for his own safety. If this is where Wren was, she must have chosen a good place to call home! Still from his lowered position, feeling as if his towering head shouldn't go over hers considering the bow from before, he simply twisted his neck awkwardly to look at the woman who spoke of their heritage, listening carefully to the story being told.

To him it all sounded... so cool!

All of the underlying tones being shared went right over his head, Wren's look of shock just didn't register as he just waved his tail at the King's question. Does he still want to join? Heck yeah I do! He didn't think about what she might mean behind her words, what Wren had caught on the side. Frankly, he thought it was all a cool story, things to learn and what not.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"You will have to learn our ways and culture. Especially about the High Elk; or else no Deorwine would accept you." Célnes glanced at Wren, and knew Cenric told her nothing about it. Neither does she, in normal situations. It was the whole to simply let them learn slowly and ingrain the thoughts to them about it, rather then straight-up showing 'hey we are racist,' and letting them flee into the wilds. Knowing the wolves themselves were a friendly group, just customs were different, would make it harder to leave.

"Repent." She whispered, perhaps too low for the rest to hear.

"Within spring time we have a ritual to accept those not of our own blood. It is to ensure the High Elk accepts them.. Wren will have to go through it, and so will Germanicus my guard. It is the way our family goes to who belongs with us." Though the King, had no worries for when spring is to come.. She held her own plans on the matter, especially since the fruit will start to grow and fall by the time the trial will come.

Then she turned to the both of them, indicating to her guard as well to follow through, "If you wish to join us, follow me."

new thread created momentarily

I WAS BORN TO RUN
129 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
Elijah was such a dork. She almost cracked a smile and laughed if not for the seriousness of the situation. Wolves patrolled borders to keep other wolves out. Would Celnes and that other guy really chase Elijah away? He was doing nothing wrong. It was unfair to judge someone based on their appearance, religious differences aside. 

She wished... she had known. Then she wouldn't have told him where she was. She wouldn't have let him come here and be judged. He was just a nice guy. Blue eyes focused not on what Celnes said about her but on the man in front. Once the confirmation to follow was given, she kept to the rear of the King and allowed Elijah to slip beside her if he so wished.

I'm sorry about this she wanted to say to him, but knew deep down... this was a tense thing. What had she gotten herself into, joining this pack? Elijah would join her momentarily, following Celnes further into No Man's Land. Or rather, no White Wolf land.

minor pp of elijah (noki confirmed) and close!
0/10
0/10