Wheeling Gull Isle I guarantee
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
This thread is backdated approximately a week!

Why were things so consistently a disaster? It certainly felt like they always were. But Simmik disappearing certainly ramped up Mal's levels of anxiety to quite high levels. It was awful. He needed to find her. He needed to make sure everyone was looking for her. Was there some other option? Probably not. Mal was grasping at straws.

But he had to tell Hua. Moonspear was doing... whatever the hell. He wasn't sure. But Hua should know... Her wolves should be on alert. Maybe she'd have additional ideas. Or something. Either way, Yuelong's island had appeared before him before he'd really been aware -- he just traveled while his brain whirled uncontrollably and eventually he got there. Mal wasn't sure if the tide was coming in or out, but the path over wasn't above water -- not saying it was well-hidden, but Mal wasn't exactly in the mood to wait. He howled for @Huā, starting to trudge through the water towards the island.

It was never good news, was it?
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Hearing a howl come from the borders made Tzila's heart leap into her throat. That is, until she deciphered the voice. She had hoped it might have been Astaroth, returning from his trip. But no, this was a completely different male entirely. One she had met before, but did not known nearly so well.

As of late she had been aware of the ruckus within the ranks, of what had transpired between Aiolos and Orochi. She didn't like it. Had considered keeping a closer eye on the one who was supposed to be their head guardian. Or perhaps a talk with her reddish furred leader was in order. She may have been busy raising her son, but she also was an experienced guardian.

Her attentiveness showed now as she turned from another lesson with Sotiris, making short work of crossing the distance to the borders. The bite of the icy water did not keep her from moving forward to greet the Neverwinter wolf halfway. The last time they had met, was neutral. The first time, borderline hostile. Tzila always carried herself with a certain predatory air, but the glimmer in her silver eyes was no longer savage. Time had changed her. But only to a point. "Mal..." She drawled in her smooth voice; her expression eased but not beaming. "What brings you to our beaches today?"
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal was certainly determined today. He wasn't going to stop in the middle of the water. His one-track mind was pretty much dead set on talking to Hua. Tzila showing up wasn't exactly a welcome sight -- it wasn't like he was going to go and trust her right off the bat. No, as far as he was concerned this was above her pay grade. I need to talk to Hua. It's important. Gee. There's more trouble afoot. 

He hadn't slowed, but was eager to get to the island side of the sandbar. Getting Simmik back was of such high importance to him that he had to do something. He had to make sure everyone knew. He couldn't just rely on Moonspear. Mal didn't know how anyone could help, but at least Hua had dealt with Donovan directly. She'd dealt with him kidnapping people -- oh man, she didn't know about what Donovan had done... Hell.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She was on her way to the call, but it seemed one of her members had arrived first. Huā pulled up beside Tzila, looking between her and Mal, who lingered at the borders. She hadn't heard anything said before she came- and so glanced at her warrior. Was this a private chat, for which she should dismiss the woman? She decided against it- if Mal began to discuss their family and such, the empress trusted Tzila would know to remove herself; otherwise the mermaid could direct her if she was too ignorant to respect that privacy. But if this was more political news, she thought Yuèlóng's members had good reason to know everything, especially one with such longetivity as the dark woman beside her. So the empress only looked to Mal with a smile, reaching out to lap affectionately at his cheek before pulling away, Hi, what is up?
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila didn't expect Mal to trust her. Not after the unsavory history between them and her sketchy past. She wouldn't force him into a corner. Keeping a neutral face and putting up no attempt to block him from continuing to cross their waters, she simply nodded. "I see. No doubt she is already on her way." If the visit to Neverwinter Forest wasn't clue enough, then she was already well aware of the established relationship between the two wolves. She would not deny Hua's lover...the father of her children, passage onto the island. He had as much as a right to be here as any of them.

She thought to press further, as to the nature of the matter on which he wished to speak to Hua about. Opting to refrain, should it be something personal, the Shadow Queen was displaying much more refined manners than their only one on one encounter. Within moments of her own arrival, sure enough, Hua appeared next to her, her attention solely for Mal. Stepping back to allow the pair some space, she side eyed them, one ear cocked to the side, waiting for her cue to leave, depending on which way the conversation went.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well, he was at least glad Tzila wasn't trying to stop him, and it was a bit more weight off his shoulders when he spotted Hua heading towards them, he sped up a little to meet her. Why couldn't he just be bringing good news for once? This seemed to be a running theme between all their meetings at the borders.

Though he did return her lick, it was obvious he was troubled. Mal had a nice little stormcloud metaphorically trailing behind him. Guess what? More bad news. -- Can we get somewhere dry? I'll tell you on the way. It's about Donovan -- or Kynareth or whatever his name really is. Him again. Or at least drier than standing in the shallows over the sandbar. He raised a foot to prove a point. And he'd ask about whether the tides were going to force him to stay at some later point if it didn't come up. Right now he just wasn't comfortable standing in water that felt more unpredictable than a creek or a lake or something.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ky-na-reth? Huā repeated in confusion, not having heard the new name yet, but getting the message overall- Donovan. What shit was he stirring up now? To his request, Huā sighed and nodded, momentarily looking to Tzila. This will probably be important information for all of us. Feel free to come listen too, She invited the dark warrior quietly, before glancing back to Mal. She beckoned them both with a wave of her tail, and assuming they'd follow, the empress would lead them into the grassy fields near the lavender, on higher ground. Once they found a nice dry spot she'd settle back on her haunches with a small huff, awaiting Mal's words in silence and already anticipating something that would boil her blood.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Silvered eyes narrowed in the slightest. That name...Kynareth. It was familiar to her, as it was to many of the wolves of Yuelong. A simple glance her way could tell she was considering what possible circumstances he was involved with this time. Fortunately for her, Tzila had not had the displeasure of meeting the man face to face. And if she did...? How certain was she that she would stay rooted with Yuelong or be tempted to succumb to the darkness with once more?

She snorted firmly at such a notion. She had been foolish enough to lose herself thanks to the influence of Vengeance, now long since dead. And here she was, alive and well and trying to carve out a life for herself. She even had a son. Nodding, she turned to join Hua at her side, eyeing a more exposed strip of land that rose up out of the water, providing a direct, dry route their island. 
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: References to assault, abduction, etc.

He was glad they were going to get out of the water, and as soon as their paws were on dry land he was already trying to shake the water off his  as they walked. It was kind of chilly. Though he also sat, he didn't exactly make himself comfortable, shifting anxiously as he cleared his throat and started to speak, The Saints apparently moved. But that's not the big thing. Simmik ran into Donovan again. He said his name was actually Kynareth or something. But again, not important. What he did say was that the chick he kidnapped? He raped her. So all that song and dance back when everyone confronted him? That was worse than we thought. An understatement.

But the second half of what he said was more rambly. It was obviously the real reason he was here -- or rather, what had caused him to show up here so frazzled, And I think he came back and abducted Simmik -- we took in some orphans from another pack, and she was supposed to be looking after them with another packmate. She didn't come back, I went looking and found this, well. It had to be a fight scene off in the forest near Moonspear. Nobody else out there would do that. It has to be him. He was obsessed with her. Moonspear knows -- one of their wolves, Keres, was there when I found it. But it's been weeks. I have to get her back somehow -- I can't let Donovan just keep her! But what could he do? He wasn't a fighter. He was stuck. How was he supposed to be able to get his friend back from those maniacs?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Mal launched into explanation. So the Saints had moved- okay.  But then, that the chick he kidnapped? He raped her. Huā couldn't help her gasp, nor the tightness that gripped her throat. She turned her face slightly away from him, gaze falling to the earth. She couldn't say she was surprised- he was a kidnapper already, and a dog, and a man- and yet hearing the news confirmed? It disgusted her. It also brought up memories she didn't want to relive. Huā tried not to let the images, nor the feelings breach her mind again, and fought the pricking at the corners of her eyes which threatened to bring wetness to the surface. Thinking about that poor Aphrodite! What she had gone through at the hands of a devil! What Huā had gone through twenty times over, and more in those months long ago. And the thought that Donovan had tried to make himself a victim- as if dead parents gave him the right to kidnap and rape! Her fear grew to anger, and the blood in her heart boiled wildly and red. 

And Simmik was gone? She hated to think that the poor girl might be going through the same trauma Huā and Aphrodite went through. Her heart hurt for her. We have to get her back. We- She breathed fiercely, If... even if he doesn't have her. For everything he has done, we must kill him. Him, and his people- I never want my children to wander the mainland as long as his heart still beats. Her nerves were too high, and she stood, pacing before looking back to him. I already tell Hydra things he did, before. She knows about him. With this too... I want to talk to her. She is the queen of many, and a strong woman. I want to see if she will aid us. She glanced to Tzila and sighed. As a fellow mother, the empress believed she might understand the need to protect their children, even above all else. I do not want to put any of you at risk. But I wonder if it is time to end this... evil. A glance back to Mal. Were you ever trained as a warrior? She was curious if he would be willing to risk himself, not that she wanted to ever lose him.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila sat back, listening in silence. Taking in the exchange of words and information Mal offered to Hua. Her expression was blank, if not somewhat un-feeling. She could see both were visibly upset. Hearing them speak of this Donovan made her recall her darker days of the past. She knew his type. Still, since she hadn't met the man or any wolves from the Saints, she could only go by word of mouth.

Finally she broke her silence, particularly after Hua inquired of Mal if he had any training as a warrior. "I have plenty of experience. But you know that already." She nodded to the empress. "And if it will be of any help, I am also well traveled as far as the Teekons are concerned. Should you need me for a scouting task, just say the word."
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
When she stood, he did too, taking a step towards her, pausing, though. A part of him just wanted to go to her, but where they stood still seemed odd, and it wasn't exactly the conversation to do so. I told Hydra about what he did last time I saw her. It was before this happened, though. But they -- they just haven't done anything since. I haven't heard anything, Keres said to wait and.. He trailed off, shaking his head. He didn't want to think Moonspear really didn't give a damn about wolves in nearby packs, but he honestly wouldn't be surprised. He had a much lower set of expectations for them than Hua did. They probably didn't believe him, but it wasn't a stretch at all. It had to be what happened.

He shook his head, Not really. Simmik and I were supposed to be working on that, but she-- she's gone. Like literally about the time they should have been starting, she disappeared and left this empty void in her wake. And then he waited. And she stayed gone. The whole thing had done a good job clouding his perspective -- the only thing clear was he needed to get Simmik back. He couldn't tell Tzila to go scout, she wasn't his packmate. And if I go looking they might know -- they'd kill her for kicks, they sure as hell seem the type. A pause, I just don't know what to do. Everything seemed like a loss. He needed her back. That was it. A thought came to mind, What about those two! The guy who attacked Cupid and I --- and the chick. Are they here? Could they go convince them they're back and spring her? He hadn't been paying attention to scents, but that was the best idea he'd had in what felt like a year.