an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
when/if u have time! <3

in the long days that followed the ill-fated joining of elijah to the bounds of kingslend, something taut had tied itself to life in his senses. célnes had never been safe among her own blood. that he held to be certain, for though they had followed her, they had always questioned the fiery king. and now it came to a head first with himself, and now to a boiling point with the white wolf.

he passed through cold rain on the eastern border, sweeping for any scent of the saints. twice he had met their members, but a neighboring pack would only be a threat in the end. and so despite his notion of them thus far, germanicus had already assumed their danger to kingslend. any such meet now would be firmly warded away so close to the forest.

in his mind turned thoughts of @Calhoun, and then sacnite, turning away from him to the proud man. the eaglebound mused upon it all, keeping focus to the drenched boundary.
104 Posts
Ooc —
The borders were something the Baron usually strayed from. He had no interest in walking invisible lines, leave that for those with brawn and no brain, or for those who at least held more interest. There were plenty who enjoyed patrolling and Calhoun knew his skills laid elsewhere. He was a hunter at best, sure he had what it takes to do the walk, but he'd rather not talk. It was no secret Cal loathed outsiders.

So fortune really shined down on him as the man followed a fresh scent trail to the grey-clad guard. Already a bitter taste rose from his throat at the sighting, but he was not one to turn tail at a potential conflict. Instead, he pressed on, simply choosing to ignore Germanicus' presence and go back to tracking down his prey. If he was lucky, the guard would do the same.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
unfortunately for calhoun, he was the man sought by the eaglebound. upon catching sight of the cunning man, germanicus crossed directly through the wet grass. he stood upon the path that calhoun had been walking in a direct attempt to conflict with the elk-chosen's trajectory, and leveled the flicker of yellow eyes upon the deorwine.

"i have reason to believe that you do not serve your sister as faithfully as you might," the guard intoned in a low, warning voice. it was with the air of a soldier upon edge that he regarded the other with ready tension to his greystone figure. "tell me now, calhoun: is your loyalty to célnes?"
104 Posts
Ooc —
Of course, like everything else in Kingslend, the grey man couldn't keep his snout out of it. It should have come as no surprise that he followed him and even had the gall to address the Baron, but Calhoun would allow it with a roll of his eyes as Germanicus stepped before him. Already the disgraced wolf's words raised his brow. His sister? She had been gone for some time now, left for the sister pack when Freobearn and Kendrick took their leave, though it was easy to piece together who he truly meant as he continued.

A single scoff like chuckle left him as Cal shook his head. My cousin is my family. Unlike some. Just because we do not see eye to eye does not mean that we do not know where our loyalties lie. Those who grew up with me know this. Of course he never expected an outsider to understand. After all, no matter what happened he would never see this man as one of their own. He would forever be an invader, a parasite.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"i did not grow up with you," the centurion rejoined, "and so i cannot take your word." his allegiance was to célnes, and the elk-woman alone. not even cenric commanded him in the same way. and calhoun would never come close to the sort of loyalty germanicus held for his chosen leader.

his confidence in their bond made him dangerous; he challenged the man with a holding glance of yellow into the pretty cunning gaze. handsome. witty. electric in the way that a storm held the thunderbolts of jupiter. the soldier saw now how sacnite had been lured.

but he would not be.