Greatwater Lake When all I know is you
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Private 
Finally got up a thread! Gonna backdate this to the 20th if that's okay? @Aliana

After what seemed like an eternity and a half, the thin ice’s surface was able to give in under Ignis’ forepaws and a small hole was created in the solid lake. Freezing cold water was not the best, but all this traveling was beginning to make the pale man thirsty – so really, who gave a shit? So, the phoenix dipped his pale cranium towards the hole and began lapping it up, nose wrinkling into a grimace as the unpleasantly icy water took away any warmth of his throat.

Nearby was the clear scent trail of not one – but two packs in this area of the flatlands. The only question in his mind however is whether or not either of these scents would lead him to Neverwinter; and if the additional scent trail was one he’d need to stay clear of. These thoughts would come to a clean halt at the clear presence of motioning nearby. He could certainly smell them, but did not turn around to see who it was until they showed themselves.

Only the prick of his hackles and swiveling of his ears gave away the fact that they’d been noticed…

The Pheonix General
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Yeah, that's all right.

`I’m sure they won't notice I'm gone...`She thought to herself while her large paws loped through the thick snow. Her amazonian body was big enough to plow through the heavy snow with ease and any sudden dips she couldn’t see barely tripped her up; her body was built for weather like this. Thus she had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Winter as she did with Summer: Love the snow, Hate the lack of food. And it was out here that she searched for Food. She seeks food that would bring something new to her taste buds.

So Aliana explores a little farther than she’s supposed to. She’s not dumb; if she sees any hint of a Bear, she’d turn right around but for now, she searches. Her nose was kept low most of the time, picking up scents that were too faint to be worth tracking until she spots tracks alongside a familiar scent.

Can’t be ... 
She follows the trail eagerly to a large frozen-over lake to see a large white wolf standing at the edge, nearly camouflaged in the snow. It had been a while since she smelt his scent. She was hoping they’d cross paths again, and it seems like Fate was in her favor. As she trekked down the small hill, she could see his head raised, ears flicking this way and that and she smirks.

Easy, I don’t bite...much. She called out jokingly with a chuckle as she approached Azon with a friendly wag of her tail,   So, Azon, what brings you all the way to this side of the mountains? ... Or have you always been around and didn't have the gall to pay a visit, is that it? ❞ She knew Azon probably had no idea she was here, but she just wanted to tease him just a bit, it was obvious with the smirk on her muzzle.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"Easy, I don’t bite...much."

The anxiety and guard Ignis previously had slowly started to ease once he realized how painfully farmiliar this voice sounded -- and upon turning to confirm his suspicions, he'd be met with that same sapphire-like gaze from back in the glade. Aliana; a woman Āzon had not seen in some time (and certainly wasn't expecting to find here of all places). "Well I'll be damned..." The Phoenix breathed with a slight chuckle, a smile creeping up dark lips as his brows raised in suprise. Running into a farmiliar face felt nice after running around to scout out strangers from different packs.The pair clearly had a lot to catch up on since their hunt months ago, ecspecially since Aliana's scent was not too far off the scent of the pack nearby.

"Who knows? Probably left ya hangin' on purpose to see if you'd come following after me." The Phoenix mused while walking closer to face his friend. He learned his lesson from last time not to mistake the fae as a bear -- the resemblance was striking. Though the thought of anyone she would've chased away using that resemblance sounded hilarious. Upon reaching Aliana, he'd use the side of his head to bump her shoulder and lifted his vision to look behind her -- in the direction which he assumed her pack lied. "Join a pack recently?"

The Pheonix General
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
"Yeah, a pack by the river named Kaistleoki. All about new beginnings and hard work. Been working on my hunting and fighting while over there." She answered, glancing over in the same direction before giving a friendly bump back to Azon, tail wagging. It has been too long, too long, "You should visit ... when the snow isn't being an ass."
"So how about you?" She asks back with a smirk, her thick muzzle taking in a few discrete sniffs, "I can smell them on you - who did you join?" She was curious but also wary - his scent was unfamiliar so it wasn't Ursus or Saints, it was a pack she hadn't fully gotten a whiff of. She has smelt them...faintly off in the distance but never pursued it further. But she can smell that it had a bit of a mix of another pack in it. Hmm, strange yet interesting. But at the same time, she could help but feel a strange feeling that she could quite put her paw on. She wished Azon had joined Kaistleoki, they could have been training buddies; hunting, and the such.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.