Hideaway Strath let us be gone
11 Posts
Ooc —
Tagging @Nyra and @Kynareth Deagon
For plotting purposes, I'm not tagging this as a joining thread, because Cian won't be staying for long. It's already been plotted that he'll be taken care of by Nyra when his lies come to light, so I figured he would just be a visitor technically. :3 Hope I'm doing this right! Still very newb!
Malia if you would feel more comfortable knowing all details (it isn't a major plot of course) I can message you on discord or dm you here, just let me know! 

Nyra led him to a place she called "The Strath", a hidden home, tucked away in the recesses of a mountain range, a forest, and a swamp. Cian's first thought was not one of awe at mother nature's work. It was the realization that should things go awry, he was very well trapped. He doubted anyone would even hear his screams in the depths of this valley. 

There were others here as well, wolves who looked at Cian as if they could see right through him. He only saw them in passing, barely enough to distinguish any features, but he got the sense that this group was not to be trifled with. The thought only made him that much more excited. They were strong. They were powerful. They were just who he needed to attach himself to in order to live the sort of lifestyle he'd always dreamed of living, the sort where he, Cian, did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted without fear of crossing the wrong group. If he could only convince them of his use.

If he could only convince them to trust him.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Prowling through the Strath, Nyra noted how Cian reacted, or at least seemed to be from her point of view.
He seemed both excited and a little intimidated.

Good.

Howling for Kynareth (not tagging cuz he was already tagged XP), The Harbinger found a decent sized boulder and jumped upon it, looking over what she could see from there that she couldn't only about a three or four foot drop down. 

Perhaps she was looking for her Grandmaster, watching for his form. 
"He should join us soon." She mused about her Grandmaster, lying down upon the relatively flattened surface.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist found herself in the company of the large white witch more often then she would like these days, but she could not stay away from a stranger in ‘her' packlands. She knew these packlands were nots hers alone, she wasn’t even the tiger ranking pack members… yet… but these lands were still her home and they would be defended by her to her last breath.

He’d know her scent this one would have had to pass her scent marks in order to get this far. Her blackened lips lifted to show the pearly whites that seemed even more white against the darkness of her pelt. She did not climb a rock like Nyra she wanted to be the first to draw blood should he be rejected. Her white blue eyes looked him over this wolf was a perfect match for her size, but that would not be the deciding factor in a fight, even if he were to be accepted she made a mental note to spar with him, she needed to know his strength and weaknesses.  

She did not attack, she waited for Nyra to address him, Nyra acted like she knew him. Relaxing upon the higher ground as if this wolf was no threat. She didn’t like that. Her lips relaxed only a little as she spoke, lifting her perfectly black tail carefully high “Who are you?
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Hmmm I don’t know what’s going on but I’m excited to find out! ٩( ᐛ )و

His name has been indirectly called through a howl once more. He’s does nothing else but answer it obediently, like he usually does. His paws falling heavily into the snow as he trudges through it.

When he arrives he sees three: Nyra, Whrist, and a stranger. So many visitors to their borders lately it almost makes his squint his eyes in suspicion. He’s about to stop being so nice, yet he holds his tongue.

“Hello.” He greets to them all casually. Absentmindedly stopping to shake the sheet of snow off of his thick pelt. “What’s going on here?” Is his next inquiry. He desires to know who this wolf is and why they’re here.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Cian paused when Nyra came to a halt, standing back a pace as she leaped atop a boulder and howled into the crisp winter air. Whoever she was calling, she assured would join them soon enough. Cian could only assume it was this pack's leader. He'd gathered that Nyra was of good standing, second in command, so this stranger must be the alpha. Nodding, he prepared himself to greet the leader, but he was distracted by the presence of another. 

This female was smaller than Nyra, but then again, most everyone was. She was slightly shorter than Cian, but a similar dark color. Hers, however, did not have a mark of lighter fur to be seen, unlike his. She bared her teeth at him in greeting, but Cian didn't match her aggression. Not outwardly, anyway. Instead he dipped his head, only slightly, as a show of respect. He wasn't about to tick off any of these folks in their own territory. 

"Cian," he answered. "It's a pleasure to meet you." It wasn't, but he offered a tentative grin like it was. 

He was about to ask who she was, when another approached, and Cian was sure this must be their alpha. He'd thought Nyra to be stocky, but this male was simply a brute. Colored in varying shades of russet, he stood over all of them. Not only was he taller, he was also healthier, well-fed and strong. Cian had no chance of competing. Of course, that had never been his intention though. Cian didn't fight physical fights very well. It was lies he preferred to wield. 

"Hello, I'm Cian. I was passing through the area and Nyra crossed my path," he paused to toss his head in Nyra's direction. "She let me know I was nearing your pack's lands, and that if I would like to call the area home I would need to speak with you first, the Grandmaster."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra watched Whrist briefly, turning her attention to Kynareth as he approached, then returned her gaze to Cian before turning to Kyn again "He's correct, I found him in the Glade within the Sweep. Told him what he's telling you. Which was essentially join up or get lost." She confirmed somewhat casually, because in her mind at the least, that's pretty much what she said. If any other message was presented aside from "or l'll kill you" It wasn't intended. 
"If that's not alright, we can just kill him. Add another corpse to the borders?" She shrugged, smirking cruelly at Cian and turning side glance to their Alpha with that same Cheshire smile.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist glanced up at the grandmaster as he approached, her eyes moved over his stocky form with pleasure she loved his non-wolf like color. With a half relaxed huff she lowered her tail just a little and also her lips.

She would not give this wolf her name, it was unnecessary in fact at this moment she had no need to speak, though she caught his pleasantry which was also an obvious lie. So far her greeting was not a pleasure, just the opposite.

Her eyes flicked to the harbinger, surprise clear on her face, as she continued to speak about killing him, since she had seemed so relaxed in the strangers company. The black femme couldn’t help herself now she wanted in on this action, her gaze moved back to the stranger, she licked her lips and smirked evilly. She’d join in on any game.

She found herself looking over the wolf again assessing him for fighting capability her inspection of his black pelt pleased her until she realized it was marred with other colors, his pelt was ruined in her mind, nothing like the grandmasters rich colours and nothing like her own perfect midnight black one. This wolf was nothing, in comparison to ‘her Grandmaster’.

Keeping her gaze on the stranger, her ear tipped to hear the Grandmasters judgement.  One she’d accept easily enough or act upon with much enthusiasm.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He deadpans to Cian then to Nyra as they both speak. His hawkish eyes are relaxed and his aura is cool yet intimidating. He bubbles out a low chuckle as he moves closer to the stranger.

“So you’re trying to call this place home then?” He asks with pride in his breast as he raises his head high. “Do you know what it takes to be a Saint?” The words are slithered from his maw, a deadly smile forming there. 

“Or are you just looking for a quick shelter from the storm? Some food maybe?” It’s a tease then, as his muscles shift beneath his exquisite coat to circle the other male. “We require loyalty, darling.” He hums down to him. 

If you do not have loyalty, we will cut you down along with the rest of them. He wants to say, but doesn’t.
11 Posts
Ooc —
The dark female said nothing, only looked at him with something sparking her eyes that made Cian think only of hunger. Each of these pack members seemed to be about as blood-thirsty as the last. While this thought terrified Cian deep down, it also thrilled him. Who would dare cross him with a pack like this on his side!? He would be unstoppable with them backing him, free to do as he pleased! Now only to garner their trust. No easy feat, Cian was sure of that, but he was determined. 

So when Nyra smiled at him and threatened to add his body to what he assumed was a growing number at the border of their territory, Cian didn't comment, not wanting to speak out of turn. He didn't dare express any fear though, having the impression that Nyra would detect any trace and leap on the opportunity. 

The alpha begins to speak, began to circle Cian like the latest unlucky prey animal to catch the brute's eye, Cian sat back on his haunches, lowering his head in a show of submission. 

"And you have it," Cian said, when the male had finished speaking. His grey eyes stared into the snow beneath his paws. He could feel his heart hammering his chest. His mouth was suddenly dry. "I have nothing else to live for, nothing else to die for. I want to be one of you."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra was pleased by Clan's show of submission to her Grandmaster. As the black and white male spoke, the Harbinger made a low Hmmm that sounded akin to a seductive purr. 
"I vote to give him a chance. The numbers are welcome anyhow, yes? If he proves to be insufficient I'll do what I didn't with the handicapped female and eat his heart as I rip it from his chest." She said coolly, all too casual and certain of the outcome for a wolf that was completely sane in the head.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist was surprised by Nyra’s aggressive words but she did not show a flicker of emotion toward the over the top threats, even if something deep inside her felt just an inkling a fear toward the white brute. She viciously clamped down on her internal emotions before they could give rise to words in her mind and create a seed of something.

The black wraith gave a vicious smile and licked her lips as if tasting the newcomers life blood on them. A show for sure but if he were to be one of them he’d have to learn to not be cowed and understand these were not just threats but promises. Her voice was silky, as she watched the brindle male circle the other enjoying the show of masculinity. “The grandmaster only has to say the word and we would do as he bids.” She promised and agreed in one smooth sentence.

Her light blue eyes watched as the male sat placing himself in a bad position should the three of them decide to make a meal of the male, food was getting harder to find in the midst of the unrelenting storm.  However it was not long before her gaze followed the circle admiring the stocky form of her Grandmaster especially in comparison to the more lanky typical wolven form of the other male.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s also pleased by the lowering of his head. It shows obedience, the respect his rank deserves. Yet truly, with his pack he is rather lax. He’s much more casual than what he is showing this newcomer now. Preferring that his pack mates respect him, but are also comfortable enough with him to speak their true mind. He refuses to lead with fear in regards to his own. When it comes to outsiders, it’s a whole other story. 

So he hums in easy contemplation. His eyelids relaxed over his scrutinizing gaze onto the other male. Considering Nyra’s words he chuckles. “That will not be necessary.” An intentionally dramatic pause. “For now.” 

He’s moving to the side after intentionally brushing past the smaller male. “You’re welcome within our ranks.” His face becomes dangerous then, a death threat in his golden orbs. “If I find out you’re a spy, or are trying to gain an advantage for another pack I will hunt you down until I kill you. And that is if you’re able to escape.” His voice softens. “If not, then welcome to the hunt, my dear.” His deep voice rumbles out, a dangerous smile on his lips.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Cian tamped down his excitement upon hearing Nyra's hopeful words, knowing well her input here was vital to any role he might have in this group. Not to mention his life. He didn't want to appear too eager though. He wasn't about to raise any suspicion as to his true intentions. Of course Nyra's suggestion was swiftly followed by a heavy threat, one that did leave Cian wondering how he truly intended to go about this plan of befriending and using the Saints. If he could get them to trust him, to let their guard down, he could put their power to good use. 

The midnight black female was quick to agree, assuring Cian that should he make a wrong move the Grandmaster would not only have his right hand's support, but also that of the entire pack. Glancing from Nyra, to her, and then to the alpha, Cian locked away this information to be dealt with later. First, he had to get through this inital meeting alive. 

After a moment, the Grandmaster relaxed, a chuckle even resonating from his chest. His words caused Cian to relax as well, if only slightly. After all, he was still currently at the mercy of these three, and as the larger male went on that fact became all too real. Just as quickly as he'd relaxed, the other male turned serious again, the look in his eyes akin to a gathering thunderstorm. His threat, though backed by that of Nyra and Whrist, carried with it the finality of a leader. Cian would not soon forget it. 

"Thank you," he said, looking up at Kynareth. "I'll make sure you don't regret your decision."