The Sunspire skyscape
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Private 
In the recent weeks, Jomyo covered the chain of mountainous terrain in depth, ranging south first, then circling back. She roved beyond some the peaks some, to its valleys, and the forested foothills. Though winter persisted around her, she was an experienced voyager, who knew to be careful to search out safe passage.. or change course if necessary. She traveled light, and patient--always. It was a meager little existence for her with Legion feeling rather far away, but she came into the routine it brought all too well, familiar, and oddly comfortable alone at this time as she adapt. She still felt the temptation to go further, however, when the horizons reminded her of crossing over this way coming from the King Elk all those years ago. A faraway thought, but one that occurred all the same.

It was an idea entirely waylaid by gathering clouds and a new bite to the wind as the hours spanned on, empty. She had made her way back to the Sunspire's lowest reaches, but was still on its western side when she felt inclined to search out a spot to hunker for the next who knew how long; if this weather truly turned south, it could be a while. She best get comfortable.

Jomyo watched a speckled goshawk wing up towards the peak overhead just when big puffy snowflakes began to fall, then picked up her pace up over a footpath that snaked north along the spire.
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
pre-bear disasters for him for my record lol ((also me being a little gratuitous)
First he had ranged away from the glen after a herd, and not long after they seemed to settle in a valley.. he let his interest glide right on to the lake where he roved onward to his heart, and stomach's, content. The hours honestly got away from him the sailing was so smooth. Skies were clear, weather mild.. until it wasn't. Clouds gathered, eventually threatening sleet that alternated into flurries sometimes. 

When a new wind started to kick up, making things seem worse, he paused and squinted into the disagreeable skies. Naturally, he found himself past the eastern edge of the lake--well away from the Glen, but.. nearby was the looming Sunspire. Its lowest foothills weren't far, he guessed, despite no exhaustive knowledge of the place specifically. Normally he wouldn't set out for somewhere new to check out in weather like this. He didn't mind traveling too much in the snow, but adding in the cold ice-rain wind sent it right to a little more unfavorable than the dark Ostrega felt like dealing with long. For the time being, he took the route of least resistance, intending to head back towards the glen once the worst calmed; raised a mountaineer, he was sure he could sniff out a spot on the slope to wait it out--a small copse of forest, at least.

He ducked his head low and go going because already he felt the temperatures dropping with every gust. But, it did lead his nose to an unfamiliar scent--the Legion scout, not that he knew this title. Fresh, too, and good bait for a curiosity looking for somewhere to go. Before that path could chill, he loped after it to find her not long after. She seemed to be sniffing along like him, and she did realize his company a lot sooner than most might.. which immediately cued him in to something here. Confidently (especially for never having been here), Antares closed more distance between them, and offered a low chuff to extend the greeting first. Otherwise, he kept to his quiet to let her receive him.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
After a chilling wind flattened her ears down close, she began to recognize the gravity of today's bad luck. But, without anything to do about it except deal, she pressed on until the distinct realization that she was no longer alone came following her.

She narrowed her eyes at him over her shoulder, then slowed up as she considered him. Scent-wise, a lot was garbled right now but his was a distantly familiar look, just different thanks to what she perceived as masculine youthfulness. She didn't posture to chase him off though, so he seemed to pick up on this. I don't think this weather is going to get any better and I do sincerely doubt you have any more business out in it than I do, she said, having to lift her voice a little further than usual for how close he had still come. Jomyo took this moment to give him another long look, sure that she had never met him before. So what do you say to us finding somewhere to wait this out? was all she said before she turned and took off with new haste, skimming a path towards a rocky overhang.

The Eizokusei didn't look over her shoulder to be sure he was coming. Something deep in her gut said he would, so she gave her focus to finding somewhere better--which the mountainside provided, through a forest first to break the worst of the winds, then a sharp rise of rock to shelter from another direction. Better than nothing already.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Her invitation was surprising to him for a quick second, but he soon realized she seemed to know something he didn't. Well, he wasn't going to disagree that it was looking bad out.. he just had not anticipated the company in weathering it. But turning it down would be stupid, and today he chose confidence, and let curiosity lead his paws forward, after her. When she started to pick up speed, he did the same.. until she led them to a forest, and a nearby rockface where they splintered enough to explore it faster--though he was careful to keep her within sight.

He went sniffing along for possibilities, feeling the flurries turn to sleet momentarily, before he turned a corner to notable slab of rock fashioned to an overhang. A bit more open than a true cave, but he turned to find the stranger again just before she re-joined his side to check this out too. Well along the same wavelength as his new company, not that he knew it, he huffed. Better than nothing, right? he squinted against the wind before he went beneath it, immediately appreciating the proper windbreak.

Since the other wolf was close, assuming she didn't turn completely adverse to this spot, he felt like chancing conversation as he nose worked through the unfamiliar scents she carried. Many places, he guessed, and he had a hard time pinning down one exact detail. So who are you..? he asked, knowing she could ask the very same of him, so he was prepared for resistance--hence his (relatively) eased stance after he shook out his coat, and looked around a bit like he wanted to settle in further.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The Eizokusei exhaled a heavy breath, feeling tension pool in her tired muscles now that she was intending to rest some; she hadn't timed her trek over the mountain all that well, but she was going to make the best of it, and keep aiming south as soon as she could again. For now, she at least had cornered some company, and if her guess was right, he might know a few things.

But, he was young, too. This was the first, best good look at him she unabashedly stole. She didn't entirely recognize the scents he wore, but they were.. familiar, vaguely. It had been years since she had traveled far enough west to find them again so for all of this week's bad luck in general, she was trying to paint him in a favorable light. Jomyo Eizokusei, and I scout for Legion currently.. and the old forests, Shikkotsurin, as well--where I was born, And she would never be able to shed her loyalty to the birthplace entirely. What about you? she pinned him with a similarly expectant look. There was an unspoken something about him that kept her careful, but a lot of experience behind her kept her rather comfortable, all things considered.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Eventually he did give it up and took a seat nearby, but not too close. He was careful of that, and put himself where no one was going to get behind him besides mountain and stone. Antares had to listen on intently.. for he did not know much of Legion, or Shikkotsurin for that matter. He lingered longest on that name especially, curious if they were far from here. Antares Ostrega, from Moonspear, and I run in Firefly Glen currently--but we are all the same, family, and essentially an extension of the claim, he said, attempting to match her structure. Technically he was a scout for the Glen and the Spear as well, but he preferred the implication over outright saying his roles; the fact that he was out here probably already hinting to him ranging..

I was tracking past the lake when the weather went to shit. Figured I could test my luck in the mountains for some cover, he cited, finally opening up more, with a sigh to signal his further attempts at the taboo relaxing. She had not tried anything too suspicious yet; he might not appreciate her wandering eyes that much, but he was careful not to have too much be seen yet. He wasn't underestimating her.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Moonspear, she thought, and could taste the word on the backs of her teeth. The confirmation was good. It had been a long time since she had heard the name, and pleasing to see it held true. Now that she had a fair opportunity, she intended to dig her heels in some and try to find out more. Looking at him gave fair indication on some of what she wanted to know; she remembered the three dark sisters who guarded the forested Spear. Ah, it's been a while since I've heard that name--Moonspear. I used to travel by there occasionally when I lived in the King Elk forest.. the Eizokusei returned, keeping the flow of information steady to hopefully help him stay generous. Jomyo didn't feel she had anything to lose.

Tell me about your family? I can trade, she said. And I think we have plenty of time to kill, she gestured outside to the steady snowfall, over an icy mountainside. The small copse of forest they overlooked now was pretty, but that was it.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
She had made it clear she was more familiar with his ilk than he had come expecting. He frowned, but relented. She was right, though, that they had the time to kill. Fine, he huffed, rearranging his forelimbs properly now that much of the fight had finally left him. He succumbed to her company, and he had the sneaking suspicion this was more what she wanted than him. There is much I could say, but I still know it would fall short. My family is vast, and we have always been raised to have pride in our own--and what is ours, he explained beneath the veneer of a slow smirk.

Despite the outward appearance, he was still quite uneasy spilling at length, and proceeded slowly. As I said, my parents lead. My mother was born on our mountain, one of three identical sisters, where he got his looks. My father hails from forests elsewhere.. Nevermind that he didn't precisely know that side of things, but he had a pretty good idea. Having Keres show up into the fold of the family had helped him understand more, and confirm that ultimately, it didn't matter how much or little he actually knew--they all came together here in the end, their truth in him, even. Many of my aunts are there with us, some from both sides, and only one of my uncles now. His family, too. As he explained, he realized just how rooted they seemed.

And with a little prompting from his company, cues saying that she was in fact listening, and quite keen to hear more, he sighed and detailed more of what he could. It was kept general enough, with only enough names sprinkled throughout for the most discerning of ears to catch. Jomyo did tell him that she was vaguely familiar with their kind, so that gave him some headway. She seemed to appreciate this, and he stayed determined not to be unnerved by her icy stare that was hard for him to read. She still seemed like she was sizing him up, like a meal.. but there was far more, and he was unsure of it up close like this.

She did answer in a similar way, as promised, and with time, he warmed further as suspicions melted away--and found himself extending the proper interest back towards her once she laid the groundworks for him to understand. It turned out to be a worthwhile timesink while the weather was this poorly in his opinion, and he ended up staying in her company for far longer than intended. The consequences of it yet to be realized for quite some time.
wrapping this for them both!