Stone Circle Ooh, I'm Breaking Down
Private 
@Polaris takes place shortly after this

A million thoughts had run through his head, some louder than others, but only one captured his attention. He refused to lose anyone else, he needed something he could count on, something to love that would hold him close. Anything to say it was alright. A promise, one he knew wouldn't break.

Maybe he was running into this without thinking. Perhaps it was still too early, in fact, it was but he didn't care anymore. West knew what he wanted and for once he wouldn't let it go. He was tired of letting go. Of regret. He wasn't making that mistake again.

To any who might have seen him running around the territory, he might have looked crazed, though if anyone stopped to question him he kept running. Voices went in one ear and out the other, he just needed to find her. A call would have been more effective, but West was never a big thinker when he was in a moment. So until Polaris was located, he would tear through the snow, searching for fresh prints or a trail to follow.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she was not surprised when easthollow's remaining sentry came crashing towards her, as if some deep part of her had awaited this moment from the second she'd laid eyes upon his fallen father. something had sharpened within her at the uncanny sight of such a powerful vessel robbed of its soul and left to return to the earth's greedy clutches. such a stark reminder that in the end power meant nothing, even the strongest of towering wolves, or those with the most potent spirit's- no matter your dreams, desires, your choice to align with good or bad or some hazy in between. they all belonged to the earth, easthollow..ursus....they all scurried along a path that had the same destination as the prey they fed so hungrily upon. 

she'd imagined her own papa laying in such a way, stunned to see west's own father fade in such a similarly unexpected way and recalled the rage that had torn through her in the days following. the fury that such weak sprinkles of life in the form of dainty flowers would live on whilst a creature of such intelligence, loyalty and strength as her papa would die. it was different now, not exactly acceptance...more a cold realisation. those flower's were probably dead now too, and one day she and west would also die. 

she couldn't wait, would not risk losing him before....before she could tell him...this love, she wanted to succumb to its embrace and be his, and he hers; she would not let the world get in the way of that.

and so she had wondered if perhaps he'd felt the same dawning, and had in fact convinced herself that he must have surely. which is why the glow in her scintillating look was merely the pleased acknowledgement of expectations being met. 

paws shifted to ease her slender figure forth, closer to him as lips parted to exhale a softly searching "west....tyreeand the former habit of falling victim to lingering hesitation and unease seemed to drop from her as she moved baldly to offer him her embrace, the only thing she could really give in the face of the world and this endless cycle of life and death.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
It may have been luck that she spotted him before he found her. With pale features so soft and kind she almost blended with the newly white blanked world. A voice called to him, gentle as she approached, his forest gaze finding hers as he came to a stop. He had pleaded with himself and whoever might be listening that when he did find the dove that she did not look at him with a gaze of pity. He couldn't stand that look anymore, he wouldn't stand to lose any longer.

Well, whatever Gods existed seemed to finally be listening. Plums of condensed breath billowed from his maw as he caught his breath, sidetracked momentarily by her beauty as she approached. There was an undeniable pull, something he was sure she could feel now too. Something burned in him to be able to touch her, for them to be together without a need to leave. Fleeting memories of the river came to mind, how she felt next to him then. A perfect match.

He needed her.

She had stopped short, just out of reach, but that wouldn't do. West didn't even hesitate to close the gap, pressing into her embrace as his head craned down to hold her close. Don't— Don't finish that. Polaris I know it hasn't been long, but I've made up my mind. A life commitment? Life seemed so short now. Whatever consequences came from this seemed minuscule in comparison to a life full of regret should he wait too long. I love you— I-I can't see anyone else go, I don't care if it's too soon, but I need you. I want to spend my life with you—
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
nothing else mattered. as he approached- those verdant eyes with that everlasting glow, so full of potent life in the midst of winter's frigid claws, she knew that in the end it was him. it would always be him. the world had dealt her a card, perhaps it was really an act of cruelty- a way to keep her performing in its tragic play. a reason to keep on fighting forever because as long as west was with her, she would continue on. 

how had she not been blown away by his beauty the second she'd seen him? 

for a moment it was overhwhelming, her steps faltering at the force of emotion that squeezed tight at the mechanics working her chest and air-- god there wasn't enough air where had it gone-- but then the distance was gone and he was there and her muscles seemed to melt as she collapsed into his embrace with the softest of gasps. 

for a moment she focused hard only on drinking his familiar scent, so earthy and reassuring; whilst listening hard to the steadfast melody of his heart. 

death had seemed to have taken a liking to trailing them, cutting down family members like they were weeds but...they had each other. right now they had each other and that was all that mattered. a tense at his words, eyes finally lifting to search his; silently egging him on, widened in their agreement to what she already suspected must surely be coming. any pasts nerves had fallen away, she was no longer daunted in the slightest by such a commitment. on the contrary, she needed this, needed to know that at least this was a solidified fact they could hold onto when venturing a world so unpredictable in its cruelty. 

"yesshe'd gasp the moment he slowed enough for her to squeeze a word in, ears fluttering back as she whispered "i love you...so much and i want to live the rest of my life with you. the idea of waiting, it seems so absurd now, why does anyone ever do it? when we don't know how many seconds the world will continue to grant us together, i don't want to waste a single one. i want to be your mate west tyree."
"common" | "french"
She melded against him, their forms almost becoming one while she spoke her reaffirming words. He hadn't doubted anything in the moment, but hearing those 8 words were enough to lift the world from his shoulders. West couldn't hold back the chuckle as he pressed his face closer into her I wanna be yours too. If one thing had to go right in his life, if this was all he could have then it would be enough. World be damned they could fight it all. Together.

I guess that...brings me to the next thing. This is my home, I can't leave but I still want to see the world with you. If it's fine, maybe we can go? Just a quick trip before winter sets in— and in the future we could take other trips, even if they're short. Would that be enough? It had to be— she just said she wanted to be with him. Doubts had to be pushed aside, like he told Laurel love is just something you have to believe in. Maybe we can see my sister—? He had seen her recently, but with all the bad news maybe this would be something to cheer her up?
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
her heart leapt at the rumble of his deep chuckle, lips instinctively tugging upwards whilst she pushed her smaller figure hard against him as it were possible for them to merge into one being that even the world could never manage to separate. "then that's that settled west tyreeshe'd murmur, eyes shutting in brief respite now that she was safe in this embrace "we have each other and nothing, i swear nothing will change that. we will always have each other you hear me?and as much as it was a statement, it was a request too- no a plea. for the world to hear this and have mercy, did it feel such a thing? it was all she wanted, to live out her life with this beautiful boy; break free fromt the chain of loss she'd been strung along. could she at least be granted this one singular thing? 

eyes flutter open once more, glancing up as he spoke and trying to listen despite undergoing shock every few seconds that this wonderful creature...was her mate. hers. he loved her. she blinked rapidly as if waking up from a slumber when she realised he was in fact asking her a question and offered a rapid nod "oh! yes- yes of course i would aboslutely love to go see your sister and her pack....firefly glen, did i ever tell you that i met one of the moonspear wolves there when i was still with the nightwalkers?a shadow of shame dripped across her gaze at the mention of the cowardly time she'd spent lingering fretfully with those ruffians. "i couldn't get over the fireflies i'd never seen them before, and this kindly man told me what they were...and told me about wanderlust, the desire to wander- it's a beautiful word isn't it? i was a coward though..ran away when he asked what pack i was in because i was equally frightened that he'd be disgusted at me for residing with such a pack or that he'd be pleased to hear i was one of them...ugh i'll never forgive myself for taking so long to get away from that groupa shake as she glanced back to him and offered a smile.

"anyway it's a beautiful place and i'd love to go there to visit! and i know this is your home, and it has come to be mine too and i am more than happy to stay here with you asides from our little trips every now and then in fact...it sounds pretty perfect."
"common" | "french"
A grin was quick to take over as he pressed a kiss to her cheek. Her words made it sound like a statement, but something about the way she spoke them made him think it was a confession or some sort of request. Forever and always. In all honesty he wasn't sure what came after death. Some great beyond? A place where they could truly never be torn apart. Or maybe things just reset? A test of time to find each other over and over again led by some hidden force that tied them together.

Luckily that was something that didn't need to be answered. For now, they were here, alive and well and they finally had each other. West waited as she answered, thankfully on board with the idea, though he was surprised to hear she had been there before. Nightwalkers? That name had almost been erased from his memory. A pack only briefly brought up when he reconnected with Clay and first met his love.

I think I've seen em. I didn't stay there long last time I visited. The light bugs right? wanderlust. Another thing he hadn't really heard of, but of course, Polaris went on a great tangent about how wonderful it was. It reminded him of the time they climbed a mountain and she spoke of fighting the injustice of the world while the world's light kissed her features. To think that now he could see such sights and claim them as his own. That she belonged to him and no one else— it made his chest burn. Then what would you say about going now?
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
the soft kiss planted upon her cheek set the blessed skin alive with a steady hum, seeming to tingle as if some plant had been planted with the motion and was slowly unfurling its beauty to the light that peered down at them. face heated with the arrival of a coy blush as she affectionately bumped her head into his chest, snout tilting to run itself along the thickly curling fur as a sigh slipped free to join the crisp air. 

forever and always. a promise.

eyes blinked off across the distance, snow laden lands coruscating beautifully under the sun's touch as she grinned fondly and agreed "yes they're the ones they're....beautiful. like nothing i'd ever seen before like they really do light up! like...little tiny stars flying about around us. i wonder what it's like to be something so small and yet hold enough beauty to have wolves speak of you in such rapturous wondershe'd also noticed not without an inner squeeze of gratitude, that west hadn't tried to question her on anything to do with her time spent within those shaded woods. it was a topic she preferred to keep buried where it belonged, someday she would likely explain better her days spent there and how she'd come to gain the ugly scars sneering along her flank thanks to vengeance but today of all days she would rather not dwell on such a thing. 

at the next question her eyes flashed with the deepening of a roguish grin. her muscles worked to support her body once more despite the protests of a mind all too happy to remain leaning upon the warmth of his strong chest before she straightened and turned to face him and trilled "you know by now that there is nothing i love more than an impromptu adventure, i'm so down"
"common" | "french"
Polaris always had a way of opening his eyes to something more. Did those little bugs even have a mind to wonder about the world beyond them? Did they know that there were creatures that marveled in their light? Most of the time he never gave a thought to how things worked or the reasons for them, but when he did they were always interesting thoughts. Maybe they think we're a wonder with our size. He scoffed, not really sure what to think of such a tiny creature, but truly there was no way for him to discredit the possibility so he didn't.

As Polaris pulled away, that grin on her face said all that was needed. It was a spark that could only ignite him further as silly words started to settle in as a reality. They were together...and they could go. West snorted, pulling away himself now as he took a step back and then another, Is that so? I bet I can beat you to the Glade—
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
a soft laugh at that, head tilting as she jested "i dunno if i try hard enough i might blend in with them size wise, you on the other hand...probably seem like a whole mountain to thema snicker as she stretched out and glanced in the vague direction that would take them to their destination as she could not help but wonder what thought processes did such miniscule beings have? unlike west, not even taking the moment to consider that they perhaps simply...didn't. 

keen look snapped back when he began to shift himself back, arching a brow until the challenge slipped casually from his parting jaws. eyes flashed with delight as she smirked and launched into a run before he'd so much as finished his statement, hollering over her shoulder at his own quickly approaching form "oh you'll regret choosing to challenge the likes of me west tyree!

and the two would dart from the territory, eyes bright with the prospect of beginning one of many future adventures laying out in wait for their eager souls.
"common" | "french"