Lake Rodney i'll care for you
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Private 
Pre-bear!

Atlas's suggestion haunted Osiris; the idea of mateship was equally thrilling and terrifying. He felt ill-prepared to propose and wasn't confident that @Leta would accept. She was a friend to all, including himself, and there was a chance that he was just another victim of her charm. 

Today, Osiris led Leta away from the glen. He had recently discovered Lake Rodney on an impromptu trip outside of his ravine and had happened upon it by chance. The territory was beautiful, with breathtaking and tranquil views, and he was instantly reminded of her. 

"We're here," Osiris breathed as they breached the treeline, causing snow to fall from the branch that was in Leta's way. Once they both stood in the clearing, he took a moment to take in the sights before asking,"What do you think?" There was excitement in his voice, coupled with the smallest quiver of anticipation.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta followed readily, happy to go anywhere with Osiris. She still kept to sleeping nearby to him, but fortunately had not slept walked again. That had been mortifying, but Osiris was gracious and forgiving. The two of them both acted as though it had not happened... which made things easier, for Leta. When they arrived to the Lake, Leta drew in a quiet breath and bounded toward the edges of the frozen waterbed, looking down. 

She wasn't really friend to all... not yet, anyway. Leta needed to work on socializing more; she committed to doing so then and there as she stared at her own reflection. Part of her delay she supposed was fear of loss. Clay, Nanook, Kaito, Newt—all she had loved, and all were dead or else gone. But as she did the math in her head, there were plenty of wolves she cared for still living and breathing. While she feared to lose those too, she remembered why she had come here in the first place. 

What do you think? 

That it was time to be braver, truly now. 

She looked back to him with a smile. It's beautiful here. Peaceful, she answered, tail waving.

Leta looked to Moonspear in the distance before her hazel gaze found him again. Osiris... I... I am sorry for being so... to myself, all this time. I... she breathed in. I didn't tell you this because... because I can hardly believe it. Clay, my brother...  he... he passed away, her shoulders sagged. She could not pretend to be unaffected. I am so scared, Osiris, to get really close to anyone, she started, feeling a bit pathetic for it. But Osiris, he had been with her all this time. And he had not gone anywhere. Nor had those around him. He seemed like an anchor to stability, and she stepped closer to him. But I want to try. Really try, she whispered. She could not live this half-life. While she was not unhappy, she was not happy, either—she wanted to do more than just exist, she realized.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
As Leta bounded towards the lake's shore, Osiris followed. She observed what he had, remarking on the lake's natural beauty, and he nodded. "It is," he agreed, his tail wagging as well. 

There had been something off about Leta, although he couldn't entirely determine what was wrong. After a brief glance towards Moonspear, which caused Osiris to look towards the mountain as well, she revealed that her brother had died. His expression softened, and a pang took his heart; he couldn't imagine losing a sibling so young. Unsure of how to comfort her, he stood there awkwardly and at a loss for words, knowing that nothing he said would bring Clay back. 

When Leta stepped closer, Osiris followed. He closed the small gap between them, their pelts intermingling, and placed his chin on top of her head. He quieted then, collecting his thoughts into a coherent sentence.

"I'm so sorry," he finally said, his voice soothing and low. "You can try getting closer to me," he offered, "I can help you learn if you want." Osiris would do anything for her.
201 Posts
Ooc —
You can try, she offered, voice shaky as he stepped near to her. And I can try too, she sighed as his head pressed atop hers, a warm feeling in her chest. She was thankful for him, and for his endless patience with her. He was not family; he owed her none of that. But he had been nothing but kind. I just have lost a lot of people I care most about. And I am afraid, she whispered, not wanting to speak these thoughts into existence lest they become real, I am afraid that I will lose the rest. 

She pressed her head into his chest, all but headbuttting him with the consistent pressure she applied. He was still here; she had not lost him, or Charles, either. Fennec had been hurt—that she had almost been lost shook Leta to her core. You can teach me, she repeated. To be brave, and to be better.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris did not speak until Leta had shared her concerns. The only noise he made was unintentional; a breath-swept OOF escaped him when she headbutted him. He shifted in his seat as she settled against him, bearing the weight of her and her worries. 

"I will," Osiris agreed. "And I will do everything in my power to protect your loved ones." It was a hefty bill to foot, but he was willing to do so.
201 Posts
Ooc —
The sentiment was sweet, but she did not think he needed to worry about them. They were far away, and she hoped that they were alright without her at Easthollow. But it was the thought that counted, right? You are very sweet, Osiris, she said as she pulled back to look at him with a smile. It was enough that he cared so much to offer it. 

And then she turned away, toward the ice. She had wanted to take a look at the water in its frozen state when she overstepped and fell—the ice was sturdy enough where it did not so much as make a sound from the weight of her, and out she slipped with an embarrassed ohmygosh!
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris's smile was a sickly-sweet simper. He was overcome by her compliment and took a moment to compose himself. There was no denying that he was smitten by her; everything about his expression betrayed his infatuation. 

Leta's voice brought Osiris to attention, and quickly he got onto all fours to stand at the lake's end. "Are you okay?" he called, wisps of breath escaping his mouth.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, she answered, moving to stand. Unused to ice as she was, Leta was quick to fail at that; all four legs splayed out and she lay there like a starfish with a look of surprise on her face. What the... Again, Leta tried to recover, a bit slower this time. She was as unsteady as a newborn who had not gained the full strength of their legs. She managed to stand and looked rather proud for a moment before trying to take a step forward and slipping again, the momentum at least bringing her closer to Osiris, this time as she spun out. 

Huffing, she looked to Osiris. Uhm, she started, it's very slippery... she explained, frowning slightly. Clearly, it was her first rodeo with ice skating... and it was not going well. Trying again, Leta rose and managed to stand once more... but seemed nervous to try to move toward him or else she would embarrass herself again.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Leta confirmed that she was okay, and Osiris felt his concern disappear. As long as she was fine, he was, too. She struggled to keep her footing, slipping multiple times as she tried to return to shore, and he watched on helplessly. His paws began to dance at the sound of her huffing, and a low whine escaped him. 

Like Leta, Osiris had never walked on ice. He had always steered clear of slick surfaces, but now it seemed like he had no choice. 

Tiptoeing uncertainly from the bank, Osiris stepped towards Leta with his muscles tense. His first successful step spurred confidence within, allowing him to take another with less fear.  He took another and another and another until ... SMACK! It wasn't obvious what caused Osiris to stumble and fall. What was obvious was the destruction that he would caused in his wake. He slid forward on his belly with his legs splayed, his misstep lurching him gently towards her; Leta had warned him about how slippery it was, after all. Osiris's limbs flailed against the ice in silent protest, but it did very little. 

His eyes grew wide as the space between them vanished, and soon enough .... 

[Image: tumblr_myxm3mNSDY1sh43kgo1_250.gif]

... they collided.