Firefly Glen while rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
Private 
set before the bear arrived!

she'd never felt so light.

something about the contrast of the high leaving on a trip gave her, that ecstatic buzz rushing through her at the possibilities that lay awaiting on the path ahead and then the steadfast presence of west tyree at her side and what that meant for her- that she had a mate and a home to always return to. the combination of the two brought on a joy so potent that she would almost call it lethal, like some crazy drug. 

she wandered curiously through the glen now, stunned to realise that it was about a year ago that she'd been here last and how different it was now- teeming with life and bliss. a smile as she glanced up towards the looming mountain, wondering if the man she'd met still lived on in his home; those ethereal eyes still dancing with the sky. she hoped so. 

she would glance down just in time to spot west's pretty sister and with a wag of her tail would make to move towards her with a cordially lilted "@Leta"
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
201 Posts
Ooc —
For once, things were... not entirely bad. It was nice, and Leta at long last did not feel the need to look over her shoulder for the next point of turmoil. Here, it never came since the latest news West had brought. But she had decided she would live for those who no longer could instead of falling into the worry of who will I lose next

West had come to visit, Osiris had told her, and had news to share. While a sense of dread pooled in her gut—she hoped it was not more bad news—there was also the more poignant feeling of happiness that he was here again, no matter the reason. West had always been a constant for her, and even when apart he showed her her importance to him by visiting. It was more than that, too; she knew that through him, her mother and father also were paying her a visit. 

She missed the two of them beyond words, and wondered if she ought to take a trip back with them to say hello. Perhaps invite Osiris along... the thought of him inspired a warm feeling to fill the pit of her belly, and that was distracting enough for her to almost miss Polaris, who blended far better than she with the snowladen earth. The girls eyes went from Moonspear to her, and when recognition dawned Leta smiled.

Polaris! She greeted, voice warm as she moved to meet her in the middle. Isn't it something? She asked, gesturing then to the Peak looming before them, seeming even taller than it might be from where they stood then. It was a marvel to behold; Leta believed it was the largest mountain she had ever seen in her life. Having not yet been filled in by Osiris, Leta was nonethewiser that Polaris and West had made things official, and so she was quite oblivious to the girls marital bliss at present. How are you?, she asked, looking back to Polaris now with a wave of her tail. 

It was time she worked on opening up. Befriending someone new. She could totally do this. And this was a friend of Wests, and as she thought of it... did he have many friends? Well, this being one of them (and knowing him to have a good head on his shoulders) Leta hardly felt cautious in this endeavor. Yes... Polaris and she would be good friends. She was determined to make it so.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she was like.....a version of west that was somehow draped in hues of both lustre and clemency despite their differences. it was hard to explain it but everything from the gleam of her softly earthen pelt to the scintillate of eyes as light as delicate new spring leaves when the sun kissed their gleaming backs as opposed to her brother's eyes which resembled the lush nature of deep, evergreen trees. perhaps leta reminded polaris of spring whilst her west resembled the final days of summer, it surely suited the children of the genial valette to embody such appreciated seasons. 

a smile curled along her slender muzzle at the girl's greeting, following her glance to let eyes return to the magnificent peak with a hummed agreement. last time she had been here her stomach had rolled with anger at the sight of such a feature, still sore about the mountain's decision to bury her family, or at least so she'd thought. eyes softened as she gazed upon the brazen structure, with the help of west she'd overcome such festering fear and disdain for these unique pieces of land. learned to climb that ladder to sky kissed air and marvel at the euphoric thrill it bestowed once more, conquering the terror that it would come to life and try to swallow the tonrar that had managed to stagger away unharmed from its rage. a blink as she glanced back and simply murmured "it's pretty amazing, i used to always wonder...well the earth and the sky are opposites right? but it's like the mountains weren't satisfied with that, were determined to reach upwards and challenge the sky regardlessa soft laugh as she shook her head, appearing somewhat bashful as she mumbled "probably silly thoughts ah, i have a habit of thinking too deeply on things"

gosh she hoped the girl didn't find her odd, the dove was so determined to make a good impression without coming across as over the top and pushy. despite having resided in easthollow together for a time, they had never really had a proper conversation until now. "i'm pretty greatshe'd admit with a grin, and damn did it feel simply amazing to be able to say that and mean it"and how are you? this place is pretty beautiful you...came here with osiris right? we met him at the border he seems very niceshe wasn't quite sure on what exactly the pack's leader meant to leta, hadn't thought to quiz west on it beforehand but she could only presume he must mean something to her for her to venture from her home to make a life within the border's of his pack.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta listened as Polaris spoke, gaze turning back to the mountain. The snowhued woman held her attention captive, and her imaginings lit up the eyes of Leta. In her mind, now, she no longer saw simply a mountain as simply this monumental piece of land... but an entity with thought. Reaching, stretching toward the sky in the challenge that Polaris spoke of. Leta smiled in wonderment, enchanted by the idea. From here, Leta could not help but think (and breathe aloud), if any mountain were to win that challenge, it must be this one, here she blinked, looking almost bashfully to Polaris. Moonspear... I imagine it now as a stairway to the moon, she laughed, where whoever could climb such great heights could share in its spoils. If the mountain could do it, was not anything possible? 

If Polaris thought her thoughts silly, then Leta's were sillier still; she smiled good naturedly, and shook her head. That does not seem a bad habit... not since it produced that thought, I do not think, she replied softly. Better to think too deeply on that than ones own failures and losses. Leta looked back to Moonspear and thought to herself that it was a good thing Polaris had come to call. Her perspective was one Leta was in dire need of. 

Oh, it's gorgeous! And even though there are still not so wonderful wolves... well, Moonspear and the Glen are different than Easthollow, she spoke, voice soft. And oddly, it did not sour her heart to them. Leta understood. She wished that they had been near to Easthollow so that Ursus would have kept away from them and let them know peace. Violence existed here, but it was not the same. Leta's fears were primarily thanks to her own shortcomings, not when more bloodshed came for her family. 

Both were equally frightening, though. Ursus fangs had yet to suffocate her like her own thoughts managed to. The thought of them filled her with dread, to be sure.

And I'm... better than I was. I feel like... I feel like things are taking a turn now, she said, a breath of relief accompanying the words as she thought on her own decision. A good one... a little rambly now as a topic that warmed her tongue and her cheeks presented itself, and Osiris, he is wonderful, too... he is so kind, her gaze turned distant as she thought of him with a soft smile. and patient... I don't think I have met anyone half so patient as him, she said with a laugh. She had come to be brave, and was hardly any braver than the first day she had come here with that purpose.