Sea Lion Shores The comeback is always stronger than the setback
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
All Welcome 
Elixir had been gone for quite some time. The thought of even entering back into social interaction made her skin crawl. Her journey thus far had led her through many hardships but none too tough for her. She was growing tired of walking on her small four legs, her muscles growing tired with every sluggish step taken. Elixirs body was giving up for now, her body was shaking as she sought out a place for rest. 

The sound of sea lions yelling at each other pierced her ears as she set her blood tinted eyes on a small pond like area. The hair along her spine threatened to raise as she grew closer to the sounds. The grass grew thinner as she neared the pond, a muddy mess was building underneath her paws. 

“This should do for now” she breathed a sigh of relief. Her legs buckled beneath her as she finally relaxed. Elixir rested her head upon the cold ground. Every blink became slower until she couldn’t fight it anymore. Sleep was inevitable.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
hiii!!!!

Unfortunately for Elixir, her sleep was soon to he disturbed by the empress of the island, who was out on a routine patrol along the shores. Between her and Umbra (whose passing she was not yet aware of,) the pact had been made to protect this land. And though Huā was much more relaxed, and not the sort to chase out every visitor like Umbra might, it was still her job to keep an eye on things. To make sure guests were the sort of guests she would not mind. 

That is why when she glimpsed the dark figure ahead of her, she made her way steadily over, even as the woman began to lay down... and then her eyes fluttered shut. The mermaid hesitated in her gait at that point, wondering if it would be bad to disturb her. But looking closer- those floppy ears- she was a wolfdog, certainly. Huā narrowed her eyes, still associating dogs with the evil of the saints, with all things uncivilized and beastly. Renard had made her want to believe otherwise, but even he had been neutral at best. Well, she wondered, would this be the wolfdog to prove her judgements wrong? Huā was doubtful, but still called out across the sands, This is Yuèlóng hunting grounds. Where do you come from, woman?
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
posting mobile, sorry for being rusty. Thanks for replying!

Sleep was teasing Elixir before the faint tippy tap of another’s paws floated to her. Before she could fight her eyelids open a voice rang out to her. Not a gentle one but also not threatening, it was odd to her to finally be in another’s presence. Being gone for so long definitely came with struggles.

With a slight sigh she opened her eyes and pulled her head away from the ground. A small smile teetered upon her darkened lips, Elixir always felt a small smile would be a good first impression. Her bloody gaze studied the woman, she stood tall and proud with a dark mask like face.

“Hello, I’ve been traveling for a while. I’m not sure I remember exactly where I came.”  Elixir said softly finally meeting the she wolfs green eyes which embodied the sea on a calm spring day. They were immaculate, something Elixir had never seen before. 

Elixir was nervous for this to be her first social interaction in a while. She refrained from showing any signs of anxiety or fear.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
no worries, I post mobile all the time :D

But she was met with a smile, and her heart warmed ever so slightly to this stranger, whose smile she reflected on her own dark complexion. Traveling for a while, do you have no home for the winter? Huā wondered with a tilt of her head. This was a hard time to be a lone wolf, she considered. It was what had forced her and her sisters to find a home at that damned Rusalka last year- and sje was nostalgic for a moment, before coming back to the present. I am Huā... a local leader, She introduced herself a little awkwardly with a small bow of greeting.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Any nerves that had plagued her were gone when the woman had smiled back. Silently she cleared her throat and listened as she introduced herself. The presence she brought was backed by a position, a leader. Elixir had bowed her head in respect. Traveling with no end. she said softly, a small chuckle came out. It’s been a while since I have come close to anyone, if that tells you how long I’ve been out here. I’m Elixir, it’s a pleasure to meet you Huā.” her words were as soft as a cloud. 

She wondered if she would ever find another home that felt like the one she left. “I had a home here once, called Stormrift. I left a while ago for no fault of them.” she kept the story vague. Perhaps this woman would open her home to her, protection, food, and warmth would be nice this time of year.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The bow from the woman appeased her well, and Huā felt her heart warm slightly more towards this dog. Perhaps they were not all destined by matter of their blood to be untrustworthy rogues. So far, Elixir seemed good company, and Huā was pleased by her elegance when she spoke so gracefully. A pleasure to meet you too, Elixir. Huā returned with a gentle wag of her sandy tail. Stormrift? I have not heard of this pack. What was it like, I am curious? The empress questioned with a tilt of her head. It might be a good way to assess what kinds of people Elixir ran with. Once Huā had thought no beast would proudly claim his evils, but Donovan proved that theory wrong. She hoped this Stormrift had a worthy character.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir had fond memories upon this coast. Well, before she left her almost boyfriend and kids to fend for themselves.(oops) Although she had some regrets about it, there was hope that she could find them and make it up, but that was for a later time. 

” Stormrift was a wonderful home. Ford was our leader, he offered me a position after I had no where else to go. They provided a home for me and uh..” Elixir had stopped mid sentence. Ah, there were the regretful memories. Her chest suddenly became tight as her emotions threatened to take hold. “ it became home to me, my kids and their father...” her voice was crackling. ” well one of them..” she whispered to herself. 

Woah, Elixir realized it sounded like a lot of baggage for just one hybrid to have especially in the presence of a leader.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She began into a description, though it was rather personal and... Huā listened, ears flattening slightly when she heard Elixir's voice tremble. One of them, she assumed that meant "one of the fathers". Huā thought of her secret. She thought of @Dacio . The woman's voice trailed off, and Huā couldn't help her sympathy for the poor dog, moving closer to gently nudged Elixir's dark shoulder reassuringly. Are you okay? The empress whispered. You don't have to be alone anymore... if you don't want... It sounded like she'd become separated from her family somewhere along the way. And though Huā didn't believe in simple replacement, she thought maybe some warmth and new friends might be good for the dark canine. Perhaps it would be a chance for Huā to learn to welcome halfbreeds back into her life, and see that they were more than their blood.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
The invitation warmed Elixir. Huā seemed like an excellent leader and with the winter they were having well, it wouldn’t be long before the ebony female would need a family of some sort. Her tail wagged slightly as she thought of new friends and a home to explore. Hopefully she would be able to find some clues as to where her children and uh... baby daddy? or daddies I guess more like. The smile that had faded with her previous statements had showed itself again. 

“I would love that. I would be happy to come to your home and meet your people. I will be of any service that you would need. Elixirs voice was full of excitement. The sea seemed like it was becoming more of her home these days. Always finding a family near the salty water.