Wild Fauna Update
January 12, 2021, 12:07 PM
Rosalyn
Sapphique
Tanzanite*

Wild Fauna Guidebook Update

After some discussion behind the scenes, and seeing more Wild Fauna entering and being used in the game, the CM team has decided to update the following policy within the guidebook.

Quote:These characters may be close companions to wolves but cannot be used unfairly to meta-game or aid in combat. It will be the responsibility of involved players to report any suspected abuse.

The new rule is as follows:

Quote:Wild Fauna are subject to any and all rules that wolf characters are subject to, regardless of realism. This includes metagaming and powerplay restrictions as well as pack tresspassing policies.

No matter how big or how powerful the WF, they will not be able to enforce injuries in threads, nor will they be able to avoid them when trespassing on pack lands.  

We hope that this helps to eliminate a lot of the confusion and inconsistency that comes with playing these characters!  They still may not join packs, but they may ally themselves and participate in pack plots to the same extent that wolves can.  

That being said, please keep in mind that Wolf is meant to be a wolf-focused game.  That means that Wild Fauna are meant to be a fun addition, but not one that is detrimental to the enjoyment of our wolf characters.  WF have the potential to escalate stakes quickly, so please be mindful and respectful of that when entering ongoing threads.

Thanks, and happy writing!  - CM Team
January 12, 2021, 01:02 PM
Eagle
Wild Fauna

Does trespassing count as flying over or sitting in a tree? Asking for a friend.
January 12, 2021, 01:11 PM
Arcturus
Pledged
Brecheliant
(January 12, 2021, 01:02 PM)Eagle Wrote: Does trespassing count as flying over or sitting in a tree? Asking for a friend.

If it is posted within a Pack Forum inside the borders of the territory by an unwelcome party, it is trespassing.

when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
January 12, 2021, 02:07 PM
Stryx
Lone Wolves

(January 12, 2021, 01:11 PM)Arcturus Wrote:
(January 12, 2021, 01:02 PM)Eagle Wrote: Does trespassing count as flying over or sitting in a tree? Asking for a friend.

If it is posted within a Pack Forum inside the borders of the territory by an unwelcome party, it is trespassing.

This would also mean what constitutes 'trespassing' is up to the pack manager's discretion, right? I could see packs reacting to rival predators more actively than birds.
January 12, 2021, 02:10 PM
Arcturus
Pledged
Brecheliant
(January 12, 2021, 02:07 PM)Stryx Wrote: This would also mean what constitutes 'trespassing' is up to the pack manager's discretion, right? I could see packs reacting to rival predators more actively than birds.

Yup!! My assumption would be antagonistic WF would be received more hostilely than non-antagonistic WF. But it really is subject to the PM's discretion. If they want to enforce the guidelines posted on their pack page, that's their prerogative and players that do not want their WF to be hurt should stick to non-claimed territories.

when you come down to take me home
send my soul away