Firestone Hot Springs Say you won't cast me aside
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Joining 
Allana won't be calling out for the leads because really, I'd like them to find her, if possible? Allana wants to find a pack to join and is aware of the one here.

Allana had never seen this much snow. It wasn't as if she was unfamiliar, but the amounts that she walked through was absolutely intense. The snow in places was almost up to her knees, making her sink down much deeper than she would like. Allana cursed under her breath she made her way to the sulferic hot springs. The smell could be picked up from far away so the woman knew she was close. If it weren't for the fact that she had been traveling for the last four weeks alone, Allana would have been in another place by now. Several packs had made their home back in the Great Bear Wilderness, and for Allana that was too much. She needed something quieter and isolated. Allana didn't know why that was such a preference, but it was something that was difficult to ignore. 

Seeing the steaming pools in front of her gave Allana some relief. All of her toes were numb up to her elbows and knees, and the rest of her body was chilled to the bone. Small tests of the water using her toes helped to find the perfect spot to submerge in. It didn't take much coaxing to step in the water up to her neck, letting out an exasperated sigh. Green eyes were closed as the heat ebbed into every sore fiber of her muscles. Copper ears were folded back against her head, which helped to convey her emotion. Once the pain in her body subsided a bit, Allana braved submerging her head completely for a moment before breaching the water again unsure if someone would be there or not as a result of the splashing.
Pursuing NaturalistHunter Masteries
"Speaking." -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ik you were wanting for her to go for KO, but Rowan is looking for members for Ivory Rose which is nearly formed :) you can ofc tell him no lol
He wandered out.
No, not wandered. Rowan left the Woods, striding out to find more members. Perhaps...to make sure his Mother was ok too. To make sure that Kaisteloki was ok. And if they weren't, to offer them sanctuary in his home.

He was cold, though, and decided a trip to the springs was something he needed to do before he froze to death. He didn't like the cold very much. Rowan was a summer wolf.
A woman, coppery and dark, had the same idea.
Before he could call out, she dipped under, warming herself right to her ears. He stopped, not wanting to sneak up on her.
She resurfaced, and after the water had likely left her ears, he chuffed to gain her attention before stepping closer with a soft smile.
"Hey," he mused, daring to go as far as to rest his forepaws in the water of her pool.
So brash for once. Must be what Zephyr is doing to him.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Allana was deeply relaxing as the warmth soaked into her bones, making her feel as if she was in sand. The water wasn't too hot nor too cold. It was just right. The temperature was dreamy enough to sit here for hours if she wanted, wishing the snow would just go away. Now that she was wet, however, her coat would develop ice on the fringes unless she could get it to dry out. Whether or not that would happen was anyone's guess, more or less that was the direction her mind was wandering in. Green eyes opened briefly to see another figure standing there, causing a slight jump in response. 
"Oh, hello." Allana said, her voice laced with surprise expression. She appreciated the mans attempt to softly get her attention before speaking. Allana shook the water from her ears, wondering if the newcomer wanted to also dip in the water. "Feel free to come in, if you want." Allana moved to the side a little to give him room while taking in his scent. The steam didn't help to give her a good enough whiff as it rose to the sky. She could identify that he was possibly not part of the established pack in the area, but something different. Was he travelling alone, or did he have something to go home to? 
The man seemed friendly, in any case. Winter was usually the season that others fought over resources and territory, even as loners. However, lonliness and a willingness to work together usually got the best of most. That's how packs formed anyway, with the added bonuses of friendship and stability. Allana wasn't much for small talk, but brief periods of silence tended to make her feel awkward, especially when meeting someone new. "I imagine you live around the area, or are you just wandering through?" she asked the new comer. 

@Rowan
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He never managed to not sneak up on anyone.
Everyone he approached always seemed to be surprised to see him there.
His ears fluttered back for a moment, his winter tufts brushed by the wind.

"Hey," he replied softly. Approaching.
He smiled softly, dipping his forepaws into the water, standing on a submerged ledge. 
He nodded in response to her question. "Yeah, I live in Blackfeather Woods, south of here. I'm the leader of Ivory Rose." He smiled, tail waving softly. 
"What about you?"
| |
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Allana wondered if when the man arrived was about the time that she was dipping her head underneath for a moment. Not that it bothered her too much. The man didn't scare her or take her off guard more than she just didn't expect someone where when she popped back up. In any event, he washere now warming his paws in the water making general conversation. She may as well engage in conversation with him since it was the first wolf she had seen since coming to the area. Or - it was the first she had spoken to. Allana was cautious, but not unfriendly.

The mentioning of him being a leader caught her attention. There was another pack out here? Kaistleoki was the only one she had picked up since coming to the Kintla Flatlands. The scent he carried didn't hold any weight to any of the borders that she smelled, so Allana wondered if he was just starting a pack then. Blackfeather Woods was also not a place she had been to yet so she couldn't deny that there was a second pack in the area. Allana had also stayed north of the forest it seemed as she had traveled in a northwesternly direction. "Oh, I see." Allana said with a nod. "I haven't traveled that far yet. What's it like?" she asked him. 

@Rowan
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She seemed cautious but accepting of his presence.
She eyed him, speculating as to what a young stranger out alone in the cold could want.
He could want many things. But he didn't.
He didn't need a lot.

Her response seemed clipped, but if she was a new traveller in these lands, she had a right to be cautious.
"It's nice around here. My mother lives in the pack there," he flicked his muzzle towards Kaistleoki, "but there are some bad characters in these lands, but that's the same everywhere" he gave her a wry smile.
Rowan stepped further into the water.

He didn't know that woman was so, so close to his home; his family. 

"You're welcome to come to my home until you find your feet or something." He smiled, tail waving softly.
"The woods are deep and dark, but safe and warm."
He sighed with a smile. Blackfeather Woods was perfect. Beautiful. 
| |
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Allana continued to relax as the conversation continued. She shrugged in agreement with his statement about bad characters. "No matter where you go, there's always one or two bad apples in the orchard." Allana had her fill of them and if she could avoid any more rotten personalities, then she would. But then that would be a kind of fantasy world that didn't exist. Allana appreciated the offer of traveling with him to the forest, giving a smile and a nod in acknowledgement. 

"I heard that the Kaistleoki pack was fairly big and successful." she said. "While big packs are cool, I'd rather have something smaller and more close knit. It's overwhelming otherwise." Allana's family pack was moderately big, but at least she knew every single wolf very well. In big packs, it's harder to know someone, let alone be close, because they all had their own little groups or wolves they clung to. It wasn't like allana wanted to be extremely close to someone, but more or less didn't want to feel like the awkward stranger that happened to be part of the pack. 

"How about you? You said you were the leader. I'm curious as to your band of wolves and what brings you to this part of the land." Allana was curious to know more about this Ivory Rose. The name was pleasant on the mind over Kaistleoki. "Why lead Ivory Rose and not be with your mother?" Allana asked, not intending to step on toes, but to generally learn and understand. In her comfort, Allana had gently moved over a little more to be more engaged in the conversation.

@Rowan
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He smirked softly with a nod. There always was.
He wondered about that woman - Towhee, a name he'd likely never learn - and her ilk. Would they all be bad, or was it just her?

He wondered if she'd heard or smelt.
Wondered if she'd spoken to them. If she had, she'd likely be with them.
He gave her a quick smile. He didn't mind, it was just words.
"I feel the same, though I do hope our ranks can grow. It's also nice to know many wolves, and to have a large family."
So they could be protected. And keep the lands.

"Ivory Rose, I created it with a vision to protect those who need it, and to train people to do so and to help then become skilled in any other area."
He wondered if he should tell people of the Daedra. If he should tell them of how they played games with him - showing signs but their voices never spoke. Unless he was in Phantom Grove.
But perhaps not. That woman attacked him for being Blackfeather.

"I love my home. My Mother loves to have a pack. She might join me soon." He smiled, but held no sadness. She had a new family. He had run away - left. And she'd moved on.
Rowan slowly slid deeper into the water, the deep pool warming his cold bones.
"What about you?"
| |
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Went to reply to this, lost the entire post due to a computer mess up, and it's now the second attempt lol

Allana liked having a large family as long as she knew them well, but when it came to living in a new pack with many wolves, for her it would be intimidating for only a short amount of time, but not for too long. It was her preference that she started with something small so as to not be involved with differing opinions and politics. But - Allana was willing to flex if it called for it. Looking up to the sky briefly, her attention was focused on the snow that had begun to fall lightly. She liked snow, but not when she was surrounded by it. Allana preferred the changing colors of summer to fall better. Though spring also produced some amazing color. 
Upon listening to the mission of Ivory Rose, Allana noted it in her mind, but also noted just how simple it was. It was surprising, but pleasant at the same time. No ultimate goals or plans for achievement. Just simple living. It was something that Allana could get behind as she developed personal goals for herself. "I like it." Allana said, finally. The questions then turned to Allana and her situation. There wasn't much to tell, honestly, besides her travels, so her answer was kept simple.
"Well, I come from a pack too far from here to really wonder about, and I'm deciding what to do with my life." Allana paused. "I suppose I left because I wanted to find my own purpose, or for some other reason. I don't exactly know. But I know I like the new energy of this land and the new things I am seeing. Eventually, I should get into a pack though. This winter is rough." Allana made a disgusted face to the sky before letting out a chuckle. It would be so much nicer if it would just end and the nicer weather would come back.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He grinned. Happy she liked it.
He worried that it wouldn't be enough to be so simple. To not have a real goal other than helping and protecting. Maybe they'd make a goal as they go on. Perhaps...not. Perhaps Ivory Rose would just keep existing.
Protecting, and serving.

She wanted new things. She wanted to find herself.
She searched for the Daedra.
"It really is, isn't it. Such awful winds," he mused, looking at the snow littering the landscape around them.

He gave her another soft smile, retreating back to the water's edge to clamber out and shake off as much water as he could.
He didn't want to get too comfy.
Rowan tilted his eyes back to the woman, "Do you wish to come with me?"
| |
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
(gonna do a short reply on this one because I lost the main post ><;;)

Allana remained thinking for quite some time as the silence settled between the two for a moment. Allowing the peaceful ambiance to relax the spirit, she realized that this place wasn't such a bad place to be. Allana's eyes were closed as she seemingly slipped into a short meditation, only to be made aware again when Rowan spoke. He asked if she wanted to go with him to Ivory Rose. It meant a potential home for her, and a place to belong. A new start, and new opportunities. With winter, it seemed the word "new" was the keyword to many things. 

"Sure. I'd love to see your pack." Allana said, standing up to stretch and leave the pools. Her coat was heavy and weight down by the water, making her seem much thinner. Allana's body structure was about as average as anyone else. She didn't have anything to make her stand out. She liked it that way because then it was her personality that made her unique and not her body shape. Once she exited the water, she shook her coat free from as much water as possible, but it was likely she would develop on the surface at some point. The woman was ready for Rowan to lead her wherever he wanted to.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ahh sorry for the wait! Poke me next time aha

He tilted his head, a soft smile.
She actually agreed! His tail wagged, his smile broadening.

She slipped from the water too, soaked through. He wondered if they should stay around the warmth before leaving so they could dry off. But Rowan was sure if they were quick they'd be fine.
But he decided to ask anyway. He was young and a bit feckless when it came to this stuff.

"Do you want to wait to dry off?" He turned back to her, remembering his manners.
"It is rather cold, but I don't mind, I just thought I'd ask." His expression turned a bit sheepish, his body a little flustered. It seemed silly to ask now, but the words were out.
| |