Nimbus Summit millennials b like "gen z is so stupid. that was such a hufflepuff thing 4 me 2 say!"
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
All Welcome 
this thread is AW but limit one, so requesting only one character joins. ty!

Caerus continued on through snow and foliage. Thank god his adult coat had grown in just a few months ago; it was coming in handy now, and he sure appreciated its protection. Still, the chill was getting to his bones. Eventually he felt he needed a break from walking, and laid down at the gnarled root base of a tree by the bottom of the mountain, keeping his eyes open to be alert in spite of his position.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he made sure not to leave brook for too long; wanderlust though he still may have, he would never abandon his daughter again. he'd made a promise to himself, and a plea to the gods—should i walk away from my flesh and blood, strike me dead. and so he remained.

but his paws were still restless, and a short trip was good for body and soul. aditya, too, was chilled to the bone, and by the time he reached the base of the small peak, he was regretting his decision to take a stroll. he was about to turn around when a blotch of brown against all the white caught his attention.

his nostrils flared. a wolf, hunkered under a tree. as he came closer, keeping his body language guarded but civil, he began to realize how young the other man was. he chuffed, though aditya was sure the boy already knew he was coming, even if his eyes weren't open.

they were. glinting crimson against his mottled pelt. the elder felt a lump rise in his throat; he had only seen coats like that, really, on easy and her sister lavender,

(and the daughter he had, indeed, left behind)
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He was civil, he introduced himself with a chuff, but Caerus still got to his feet when the man arrived, staring him down unreadably for just a moment. Never was good to let your guard down too much- this guy could be one of them, and he couldn't catch his scent yet to figure out if he was a loner. The difficult thing about being first to speak was deciding what part he wanted to play- was it best to lie from the beginning? Play at an ignorance of the saints, or an interest in joining? Or was this guy coming to fetch his old babysitter too, and totally aware? Cae coughed awkwardly, and settled for something simple. 

who're you?
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
of course, a strange older man approaching without a word may spark some alarm in the youth. that was a given. his tail swung easily behind him as he replied, aditya. i'm living nearby with my daughter. perhaps the knowledge that he was a father (a present, attentive father, too) would put the boy at ease.

he tilted his head. it's bad weather to be out on one's own. do you have family nearby? 

he was about to remark on the other wolf's age, but stopped himself just in time. the years gone by should never erase the fact that he, himself, was out on his own at only a few moons old. if aditya had gotten by—with plenty of help from others he met on the road, but still, he lived to this day—he was sure this young man would be fine, too.

still, he could not stifle the mentor, coach, (father) that had grown within him. he sat calmly down on his haunches, trying to make himself as non-threatening as possible while waiting for a reply.