Neverwinter Forest Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It mattered, oh how it mattered. There was no convincing him otherwise, because the fact was that there was a monster in these lands and she was happy for some unknowable reason to be beside him. As he spoke, his voice withered, It matters. It matters because I'm afraid that he's not going to change -- that even at his nicest and most normal he'll piss someone off again, that I'll go and show up to defend my friends and family and find you on the other side. Because maybe he doesn't go after Neverwinter. What if he doesn't like Yuelong? Or if he makes you face down a pack, and you find Asmoses there? That is what I'm afraid of. Because that idea was so very painful -- it would be ripping open wounds again even if they ever did heal.

You can. You always can. He felt like he was kind of grasping at straws, You are my friend, my family, which is why you can. It was all he could do to hope that his life wouldn't spiral further into disaster than it already had. He needed Simmik, now more than ever. But that didn't seem to matter enough to her, and he could not understand why -- why this was always the case. Why couldn't he matter for once? Because when the darkest happens, I'll have your back. Always will. And when something good actually happens, his voice was coarse, I want to be able to celebrate with you. But how, Simmik? How? Because Mal hadn't changed -- Mal's life was still the ongoing disaster. Simmik was the one making the choice here to leave him -- them all -- for their enemy. Any other wolf, any other pack--- It was obvious what he meant.