Blackfeather Woods A Lost Flake In The Blizzard
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Intended for Ivory Rose pack member(s). Tagging for reference and visibility: @Rowan @TaikonClarifier: Cordelia does not cross the border.

The past few days had been unbearable for Cordelia. Despite her thick coat matching the shade of the elements around her, the deep reaches of her body felt cold. Her scout and paws felt as though they had become the powered ice she walked on and her nearly empty stomach grumbled louder than the rushing wind passing her fringed ear tips.

She hasn't had a permanent residence or even a short term one for some time. Wondering around these flatlands she had scrounged on what rodents and feathered prey remained. She wasn't simply being stubborn, she knew well that she could not survive these elements alone. Out of necessity, she felt the need to distance herself from the other living canines of these wilds, and it was necessity that she now sought them out.

Months ago when the weather was more tolerable a chance encounter with a cream and gold colored male informed her of a pack referring to itself as Ivory Rose. All she knew of the pack was its location and that within it she could be protected... supposedly. But when she caught sight of this haven's home the exterior was less than pleasant.

Despite the crystal color of the world the woods before her stood dark and imposing. It hissed danger and oozed dread. Standing before it she wasn't quite sure if its appearance or the cold made her back legs shake. The only inviting presence about it were the tall trees and thick canopy, a barrier from the elements.

The frigid air pierced the inside of her nose and with it, the scent of others confirmed the existence of a pack. Her head was upturned as she looked up at the thick bordering trees, as she mentally weighed the potential evils.
Cordelia's identity is currently unknown to the wolves of the Teekon Wilds. 
She is known by all as Corra.

486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Every day seemed a little bit brighter. Every day his aching joints were slightly less terrible. @Takiyok was helping him gain weight by doing the majority of the hunting for the two of them, although the caches within the woods themselves were helpful too. Even though he had been attempting to hunt most days for the past week, his largely emaciated state made it quite difficult. He found that his timing was off and his attention was never quite on the right thing. Sometimes he would forget where patches of dried leaves were and not remember to avoid them, or miscalculate the distance from an animal.
He didn't know if his wits would ever return, but he knew that time was the only way to recover them. For the moment, he was okay that he was "just" okay, and hopefully Takiyok wouldn't be over-worrying for much longer about him.
Taikon had taken a break from his failed hunt and decided to assist with the ever-boring task of border patrol. It didn't last very long before he was already bored of it, and thought he might be better off venturing beyond the woods and out somewhere else. He hadn't actually been anywhere beyond the borders since his return from Easthollow, and it was starting to get to him. Takiyok was excellent company, as always, but she had that itch as much as he always had. She knew he couldn't stay in one place for very long before feeling the need to venture forth and discover the areas beyond. He wondered how Luna was doing, and how things were at the Glen and Moonspear. He wondered if Valette was doing okay, and if she might pay them a visit soon as she said she would.
As he thought of these women in his life, it was the strange and familiar scent of another that flooded his senses. He stopped mid-step and blinked, making a scrunched expression as he tried to recall the name of the person. He couldn't. Was his mind really so feeble that he couldn't remember?
Taikon turned, walking slowly toward the wall of the forest. When he got to the other side, he didn't see anyone. He blinked again.
Shifting his weight for a moment to the other side, he sniffed at the air, and knew the scent was real. He followed it, until at least he saw a white wolf with a freckled face. Somehow her name still escaped him. His approach was slow and gentle, much as before. He hoped he was correct at the reason for her presence. Hey, you, he greeted, slightly awkwardly, standing several paces away to give her the space she had requested once upon a time.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Really sorry about the wait. Somehow my settings to automatically be subscribed to my threads got changed for all my accounts. So I haven't been getting reply notifications :(

Lost in her thoughts it didn't seem like much time passed before a familiar face emerged from the worrisome wood. His approach was slow and he kept a safe distance from her, reminding her of the kind behavior he had shown her once before. Seeing him was comforting. Knowing that he hasn't lied about his pack location, and being able to smell the border marked by several others than just himself. She also dreaded the idea of meeting new individuals, as it would be another gamble as to their attitude towards her. 

"Hello Sir," she said with a slight nod of her head. "I've ah... I've come to reconsider your offer," she stated, not sure how to properly name the interaction they had had previously. Her demeanor was still shy, but not out of fear as it once had been, but now out of nervousness that she would be denied or that the offer had been a fable all along.

27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Allana had spent most of the morning preparing her den, seeing as there weren't many things in the ways of rocks to best craft her home. Instead, Allana made use of the logs and branches. Allana had dug under a large fallen tree to make a den, and then lined the entrance with branches and dirt to make it more protected. Otherwise, really, it was home. It didn't look like much, but it kept her warm. Eventually, Alana would have fur and leaves to coat the inside for extra warmth. Stepping out of it this morning, Allana stretched and shook the dirt free from her fur. While it felt cold on her toes, the temperature wasn't terribly bad. She would be happy when it became spring again. 

Deciding to take up the duty of checking out the borders, though she imagined they were well cared for at this time. There wasn't much in the way of hunting, so Allana decided to scout out the local prey life. The woods themselves may not hold much, but it would hold plenty on where they slept. Paws reached out to move forward into a gentle lope, heading towards the edge of the trees to explore the more open grasslands or just about any signs of life she could find. 

As she made her way through, two new faces were off to her left. Both of which she didn't recognize, and only one carried the Ivory Rose scent. It piqued her curiosity enough that Allana changed course to head in their direction. "Good day." she bid to both of them, mimicking the distance between each other as Taikon had. Was this new wolf a potential member or visiting a friend? In any case, Allana was kind regardless.
Pursuing NaturalistHunter Masteries
"Speaking." -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
No worries! I just assumed you were busy!

He was pleased when she told him she had purposefully sought out the Ivory Rose. Taikon didn't know her story, but knew that she must have been through some kind of trauma. Though Taikon had many opinions about how the pack should be run that conflicted with Rowan's, he agreed that creating a landing pad for people like the freckled one was important. It was the only reason Takiyok and Taikon had stayed, for Zephyr had welcomed them in openly knowing that they had needed the shelter, despite their personal drama.
Excellent, he smiled warmly. As he started to walk forward a pace, someone else among their ranks found the pair. 
Taikon didn't recognize her, but greeted her with a bow of his head. It wasn't surprising they didn't know each other. He was still recovering from his illness and had been holed up in a den for nearly a month. Prior to that, he'd travelled for weeks to and from Easthollow, and Takiyok and he had largely kept to themselves when they'd first arrived.
He felt awkward, as he wanted to introduce them, but knew neither of their names. Instead, he stepped toward his apparent packmate and reached out his nose to sniff her politely. I'm Taikon, he said, skipping his usual deep bow. This is... this woman is seeking shelter with us, he offered awkwardly.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The male who she would soon learn was named Taikon seemed pleased in her arrival and inquiry into his previous offer. His pleased remarks made her think that it was still an option for her and that he would likely be willing to accept her. Before he could continue or she could speak a female emerged from the wood with a mixed coat of dark colors, cream, and copper. Cordelia swings her head in this female's direction once her presence was announced. She greeted them plainly and Taikon walked over to her and offered a summary of her reason for standing outside their doorstep. "Good day, Miss," Cordelia said. She wasn't sure if this female might have been the leader or if she needed to grant Cordelia access. Though the interaction between the two didn't feel natural.

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sorry I'm late! Been hella busy but tryna get on track!

There seemed to be a buzz in the air.
Stranger. A new one.
He strolled along, not wanting to be rushed. Not wanting to feed the Daedra. They were Gods, but they wouldn't feed off him. It made you crazy.
Like Maegi.

Anyhow, Rowan emerged onto the scene of Taikon and Allana greeting a speckled female.
Stranger.
Taikon explained the situation to Allana, unwittingly letting Rowan overhear.
He smiled, pushing closer to them through the brush.
"Welcome to Ivory Rose." He didn't catch her name. Nor did the others, it may seem.
"I'm Rowan, leader here." He cast his gaze about his packmates, then back to the freckled woman. 
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Holy wolf paws I am so sorry. Getting this going now. Please feel free to skip me in any thread I'm in if I am late again. Security site supervisor duties has had me overwhelmed.

Allana watched the two and noticed they were cautious of her, but not unkind. Allana allowed Taikon to sniff her so that he could remember her scent later. "Oh? Well then welcome." Allana greeted the woman with respect and a slight bow. "I am sure Rowan our leader will be here to help you with joining us." Allana had met him some time ago before joining Ivory Rose. He was kind and had the drive to be a good leader, so she was curious as to how the pack would thrive and the direction it would travel in. 

And as if she were speaking of the devil, Rowan had arrived once more. "Here he is." Allana said and took a step back for him to take over. Allana watched as he greeted her and decided to get to know Taikon a bit more while the loner and Rowan conversed. "Sorry I hadn't introduced myself earlier when I first joined." she said in a sort of hushed voice. "I've been alone for a while so I'm adjusting to being in a pack again." she explained with a light shrug.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
No worries! I think I can speak for everyone that we appreciate you!

Cordelia and Rowan are free to engage and skip Allana and Taikon
Taikon felt strangely thankful for his packmates. Though he didn't feel emotionally close to any of them except perhaps Rowan (and Zephyr, with he felt strangely about), he was very happy that they had come so quickly to find the freckled woman there at the borders. She needed help. Taikon didn't know why, and he knew better than to ask, but he was glad that he lived somewhere that would welcome her regardless of whatever misfortunes had befallen her.
As Rowan joined them, the woman that Taikon felt like he should have known the name of apologized for not introducing herself, yet did not introduce herself. Taikon felt extremely awkward about this, having hoped to have known her name, but nodded in response with a light smile. Me too, to be honest, he offered. I-I've been ill, and I feel like I've missed a lot. What was your name, again? he asked politely, hoping she might oblige.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
[size=small]There were so many of them now. Three to her one. The thought of them easily overpowering her flashed through her mind, but although the members of this pack might have been embarrassed about it, their lack of familiarity brought Cordelia a level of comfort. Strangely they were displaying that they were uncoordinated and with that, likely not trying to plan anything nefarious. They were also all on the welcoming side and asked no questions of her.[/size]

[size=small]Their young leader, Rowan, appeared and introduced himself, the most put together out of all of them. His youth reminded her of Valour and the kindness he had shown her in her darkest moments. "Greetings Sir Rowan," she said dipping her head towards him to acknowledge his status within the pack. "I meet Taikon weeks prior and he informed me that... I might find protection here... within your Ivory Rose. I've come to see if that offer and sentiment is still valid." she stated formally.[/size]

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Ahh yell at me next time I hold anything up!

Taikon had been spreading his message.
He didn't expect less, he seemed like a good man. One Rowan wouldn't mind having by his side.
"Of course," he smiled. "Anyone is welcome."

He looked to his packmates, looking to ensure they agree.
"You're welcome to explore the woods, and I'm sure Taikon will fill you in on the pack information." Hopefully, he would take the notion to tell her about the birds and the respect expected from her.
Though he was sure there wouldn't be problems.

He waited, letting her accept and reply to Taikons question.
| |
27 Posts
Ooc — Raevinne
Allana remained quiet as Rowan and Cordelia continued to talk. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation. Allana would meet the new one in time. For now, it was getting to know Taikon a bit better. Allan frowned lightly when he said that he had been sick for a while. "My name is Allana. I only just recently joined myself." she said softly. "It's nice to meet you."

Allana shifted her eyes to watch the conversation momentarily before glancing back to Taikon. "What have you been ill with?" she asked, generally curious to see if her limited medical knowledge could possibly help provide relief.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Allana, he smiled with a gentle nod. She seemed good-natured and positive. People like her were always good to have around — they helped the culture of the pack develop into something good.
An infection from a wound. It's a bit of a long story. Rowan helped me out while Takiyok was taking care of me, he explained briefly. The reason he had the wound in the first place was the really long story. This was not the time for it.
Taikon glanced to Rowan as his name was spoken. Of course he was always willing to show newcomers around, though he didn't even know the forest that well himself. The illness had taken its toll, but he nodded just the same. He had no doubt Allana would also be willing to show the freckled woman the ropes.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Their acceptance of her was without hesitation or inquiry. They had yet to even ask her name. It felt too good to be true, but their acceptance and kindness had a real genuine feel to it. Although she wondered if this place could truly be safe given how easy it was for her to be granted entry. But perhaps that was because she was able to reference Taikon and had met him before. Things and concerns she would put on hold for now as she took a slow step over the border. The metaphorical and yet physical threshold granting her protection for the foreseeable future. A weight lightened on her shoulder, but she knew it would still be there for quite some time.

"Thank you" she said nodding her head to Rowan. She took a few paced towards Taikon and the other he spoke with. "Thank you as well for your welcome. I don't wish to interrupt your conversation if you wish it to continue." She had seen the others speaking on the side, but knew not of what they spoke about.

s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"Come, I'll lead you in a way. Tell me more about yourself," he invited the freckled woman with a tilt of his head and a smile.
He liked to show people, even if he was a bit shrewd sometimes.
But he'd feel stupid for leaving her with strangers on the borders, even though he was a stranger himself.

Stone flitted in the trees above, always watching the lupine world.
Closing up here
| |