Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Spree 
The world moves on regardless of whatever cause he's pledged himself to. Kigipigak does not venture to the Watch after all.

He observes the distant eyelash-shapes of the ravens as they in turn watch him, listening as they call across the range, perhaps to herald his arrival; but he does not venture high among the peaks on the way in to the west nor when he returns to his new home, first the valley and then the bypass.

The scents of Mahler and the others has strengthened—the claim made by Legion has weakened considerably since he began his roaming—and rather than take the time to rest and recouperate he begins the first of many patrols; pausing only to relieve himself or roll within the collected scents left by Rivenwood.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She had been given the go-ahead to have children from whomever she pleased, a man with her or not. It seemed to her that Mahler preferred her (and her fellow female comrade) to seek such comforts outside the pack, but that did not mean she would overlook the eligible males within Rivenwood. Mahler wasn't an option (hello, OLD), but there were others. One in particular she had noticed during the overtaking of this pack's land.

That was who she sought out today, bi-colored eyes locking onto his form when she spotted him.

Hey you, she said as she approached. I never caught your name. I'm Sequoia.
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Shaking snow from his mantled shoulders, Kigipigak almost did not see the woman. He only peered her way out of happenstance; then she called to him, having keener eyes than he did, or at least an interest in seeking him out. He appraised her as he approached but was otherwise withdrawn, far from his usual self. Many thoughts floated through his mind since his conversation with Kukutux and his return to the bypass. He needed to sort himself out.

The woman called herself Sequoia. She had been present when the bypass was taken; he could remember her, although not as clearly as the sight of Praimfaya, or Mahler who doled out the most punishment. It appeared as though Mahler populated his village with warriors — Kigipigak approved.

I am Kigipigak. He answers, dipping his chin slightly. It took his studying of her narrow face to notice the sunrise of one eye, the spring grass of the other. Curious — he could not help but stare. Did you have need of me? Asked the young man with some awkwardness, not used to being sought-out, especially by someone such as her.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kigi—what—now? she asked. That really was a mouthful. Sorry, you're gonna have to repeat that a little bit slower. And I may have... need of you. More like need of his dick. Then again, Mahler had indicated that, should she be betrothed to someone, he would get a say in raising the kids. Sequoia wasn't so sure she wanted that, but maybe Kigi was a real catch and she'd be passing up a good opportunity.

You aren't seeing anyone, are you? Like, romantically, sexually, et cetera? Might as well not go barking up the wrong tree if he was already taken. There would be plenty of one-night-stands to attend to if he was already planning on shacking up with somebody else here.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak did not know how to take her questions. It did not bother him that she should struggle with his name; it was difficult for some people, although he had not yet encountered anyone as blatant in this struggle so far. That threw him a little bit.

Her slew of questions were a little different. Kigipigak knew of the deal Mahler had given to Praimfaya, likely to others such as this Sequoia. He knew of his own arrangement and the growing chances of becoming a father this year. Still, the questions came rapidly and he wasn't prepared for them.

Kig-ip-ig-ak, he had started to enunciate before those questions smacked him in the face. Seeing? No. I have not made my choice yet. This woman was more of a whirlwind than a wolf, he thought.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He hadn't made his choice yet? Sequoia gagged internally at the phrasing of it, like he had his pick of the women in the pack. Rather quickly, he was crossed off her list. The last thing she wanted was some guy who thought he could just pick and choose whichever woman he wanted to be his. It reeked of misogyny, and she was not about that life.

Well, Kiggy-pack, let me go ahead and take myself out of the list for you. I am a thousand times not interested. Maybe Praimfaya would like you, though. Both of you seem pretty aloof, and you've both got some weird names.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak had offended her, somehow. The way she spoke was startling yet again. His brow furrowed; he did not have time to explain as she went off, stating that she had no interest in him — bringing up Praimfaya, which was another possibility. The woman looked ready to abandon him then and there, and that was her perogative - Kigipigak wouldn't force the issue.

I only meant that I have not made up my mind yet. he elucidated as best he could, feeling a little off-put by the sudden reaction the woman held, the clear disdain. One way or the other, on... marriage, on children. The opportunity was presented to me, it is taking me time to process.

In the end maybe that wouldn't matter. Sequoia seemed to have him all figured out after one conversation after all.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well, buddy, you better get crackin'. Soon enough, we'll all be floating our pheromones around this place, and you'll probably want to figure out what you're gonna do before then.

Sequoia, of course, had already made up her mind (or thought she had, anyway). She would run off to bang some stranger (or three), and she'd bring the fruits of her adventure back home for Mahler to raise. Alongside Praimfaya's, if the girl actually went through with the plans that Mahler had set forth.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She sounded eager, and impatient. Kigipigak was neither of those things. He didn't know if fatherhood was right for him at this point. He had never been drawn to any woman for any reason; no attraction had ever presented itself. He didn't know if that was required before courting a woman or if things should be fast, impersonal, and transactional. Would his children be strong? Did he need them to be? And if he fathered children, would that make him man enough to be a leader?

Thoughts of Mahler came next. His role in all of this. Was it to create turmoil or to keep them all distracted? Kigipigak had too many questions to have an answer. He shook his head to Sequoia. I need more time. And then he turned away, choosing to take that time to himself to think things over again without the pressure of her company.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kiggy-pack sauntered off, and Sequoia gave him a puzzled look. Apparently, he didn't think too good. How had he not thought about it? And he didn't have more time! She reminded herself that most of the wolves here were pretty lame and boring. Add Kiggy-pack to the list, on top of being a misogynist. At least she knew to steer clear of him. Let Praimfaya at 'im.