Cedar Sweep i'm in a clique, but i want out
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
All Welcome 
He grew tired of the woods, tree after tree around him that painted a long shadow over him. What little bit of the sun could break through would be gone soon. Then he would have to find somewhere to stay for the coldest parts of the night.

For now he still felt free to explore and roam as far as he could. A stain against the world as he moved and left some sort of makeshift trail in the snow behind him. A direct lead for anyone who might have tailed him.

If anyone had taken an interest in his trail, he remained unaware. Blissfully so as he paused to paw at the snow collected around a deep set of roots.
left hind ankle is mending from a break. mobility is limited and painful.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
snagging!

Patrolling the Sweep today was Nyra, among possible other Saints. The monolithic woman picked out the youthful firebrand in the barren trees like a sore thumb from nimble fingers. 
Though she wasn't behind him, the Overseer made her way directly toward Patroclus with an arced tail and perked ears. 
She didn't bother being too stealthy about it either, hellfire gold eyes piercing as she got closer. 
"You must be new to these wilds." She mused with a rumble, keeping a few feet between them for the sake of not running off a potential recruit.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
It was her voice that painted her a figure, otherwise a blended shape into the area. He met her hawkish eyes. A bright gold in her pale features. Noted her strong stance while he remained...perfectly neutral.

I am, yes. He answered calmly with a slight nod. Then promptly held his tongue in case she had any other observations she wished to make.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She noted his neutral stance, his calmness. 
Almost right away, she assumed he didn't know of the reputation her pack held. 
Or that they resided in the Strath south of the Sweep. 

"My pack claims these trees, though our official territory is South of here." She stated, motioning with her muzzle in the direction she meant. 
Inquisitive, the battlemaiden looked him over again while awaiting his response. 
Though to make the option notable, she added "If you're looking to join a pack, mine has the room for more numbers." It was a statement made in effort to educate, not really with hope to reel him in. Fourteen wolves was quite a number already, but the empire was to only grow, in her mind.
Health (100/100)
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
He turned to look, as if it might reveal some glorious territory he could see through the trees. A beacon of some sorts. Alas. Just land and more land.

Then she laid an offer down at his paws. He smiled slightly before he dipped back into some sort of even look.

You do not know me. This was not said with any implication or harsh tone. He simply stated it as a fact. So I must know, why the offer? Some little dip of enchanted humor in his words.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She smiled some at his words, taking no offense to the factual statement or his questions. 
"What better way to get to know someone than to have them in your ranks? Unless you planned on staying in these parts long enough to get to know me too?" Nyra jested lightly, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. 

"My name's Nyra. I'm the Overseer, an alpha, of the Saints of the Dying Light" She somewhat hoped this would broaden the way for introductions between them both. If not, she'd continue to take it slow, and if he joined, sweet. If not, such was life.
Health (100/100)
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s only a ways behind Nyra, his nose stuck to the snow in order to find her. Yet like many times before, he finds her and her plus one.

The Grandmaster’s head is level with his shoulders as he approaches the two, a hawkish gaze moving up and down the strangers form. He’s shamelessly gawking at him and Kyn can’t help but smile. So many wolves getting lost or wandering too close to his Strath. It provides him entertainment at the very least.

He’d only caught a few of Nyra’s words and when he stops beside her he lifts his massive head up high. “I see we’re introducing ourselves.” He hums casually. “Kynareth, her equal.” It’s simple, he’s not in the mood for anything complicated.

Yet he can’t help but stalk forward a bit more. Only a step or two as he quirks a circular brow. “Who might you be?” 
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
He laughed warmly at her question. I could, if you would like. She had offered him something bold, why not return the favor? His companionship if she so wished for it. He had no reason to not offer it as freely to her as he would anyone else.

Although there arrived another figure. A broad, dark male who declared himself her equal. Well. He had attracted quite the audience it seemed. Two alphas here to greet him.

Kynareth and Nyra. Perhaps a...leading couple. Maybe his offer of companionship had been bolder than he knew.

I am Patroclus. Nyra here was kind enough to welcome me and offer me a place.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra chuckled some at Patroclus's response, turning her ear to catch the footfalls of her equal, Kynareth. 
He introduced himself as well, and she saw from her peripheral as he lifted his head to match hers in height. 
As the firebrand explained what was going on, the brutish woman nodded once in confirmation.
"We're always welcoming numbers, yes?" She mused to Kyn, a thinly veiled statement in her words.
We have the room, and we're looking to grow our empire, yes? 
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn regards this stranger, raking his eyes over his form. “Mm.” He hums in contemplation. He finds this man’s humor refreshing. Everyone is always so serious and he’s quick to tired of it.

A swish of his curled tail and a smile that stalks on his lips has him looking quite mischievous, especially at Nyra’s words. “Yes, we are.” He huffs out a low laugh. “Don’t want you going in blind though, peaches.” The Grandmaster hums, moving closer to him, but not to intimidate. Rather the opposite. His tail wags in a moderately friendly way and his head is lowered comfortably.

“We’re a very territorial pack. We kill. We kill for each other and any who wrong us. We’re not weak like the other packs here, we do what we must. But once you’ve become one of us, you’ll quickly find out that your pack mates will die for you. If you understand that, then you’re welcome to join the hunt. If not, then we will allow you safe passage away from our lands.” Then his canines gleam into a smirk. “Only this once though.” He sings with a wink.
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
Peaches.

Him? Peaches?

He might have gone red in the face had he not already been so, and cloaked in fur. Admittedly he felt weirdly smitten despite the words that followed. All delicately wrapped up in a sense of security from such friendly demeanors showed to him.

They killed. All things like them did, though. Granted he knew not what fell into the bounds of worth murder to them. Unaware of their rules or moral compass specifics.

Charming. He hummed at the playful offer. A one use ticket of safe travel or the offer of ones who would kill for him. A stroke to a deeply buried ego, truly. He did not know the risk to accepting or denying either offer. As short lived as their interactions had been so far, Patroclus did find himself intrigued. He wished to know more of the two in front of him.

If I stay I simply ask that you make use of me well. I do best when placed alongside someone who needs assistance. A slight pause for them to process. My skills lie in more...supportive and consoling ways. I know I am a stranger still, but sometimes an outside eye is needed. He offered with a wolfish wink.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra nodded alongside Kyn as he spoke, not one to withhold information of importance such as that. 
She stayed relatively still as her co-lead moved forward, watching with interest as the two interacted. 
To Patroclus's words, Nyra hmmed softly. 
"We make use of all skill sets. There are a few wolves within our fold that are pursuing counsel-type trades. Medics and spiritualists as well, honestly. Though the majority of us are combat oriented, all of us are loyal to each other." The battlemaiden added, coming up to Kynareth's shoulder. 
With a soft sway of her own tail, Nyra looked back toward the Strath once more, before looking to their firebrand acquaintance once more.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Charming. At the word Kynareth can’t help but preen. A truly unnecessary boost to his ego it is, but he only lets it show through his golden eyes and winning smile. 

Still Kyn agrees with Nyra’s words once more and Donovan is taken aback by the shameless wink the russet male returns. It has him pleasantly surprised, but he tries not to let it show. Got to keep appearances up and all that jazz. 

Still, it doesn’t stop his eyes from becoming devious and his smile devilish. “Yes, darling, we will appreciate anything you have to offer.” He nods down to him. “Welcome to the hunt. You’re in for a wild ride.” He purrs, turning on them to saunter back to their Strath. “Come. Perhaps we can show you around sometime.”
124 Posts
Ooc — landry
He had never been one born to be in the spotlight. Yet here he stood with the full attention of two alphas. Both who assured him greatly and one who seemed keen to dub him with pet names. Patroclus could only handle so much, his chest felt full and warm. Almost afraid that the feeling might spill forth from him if he spoke much more.

I would appreciate that. Truthful, and if they would lead him to their place he would follow. Perhaps content to drift between the two of them so he might have equal exposure to them both.