Blackfeather Woods paint splattered teardrops on my shirt
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Private 
for @Rowan (thread link is being fucky but this is set right after her thread with Taikon & Takiyok, keeping events vague for now though)

After the buttercream dove had fled the scene like a frightened bird flapping away on startled wings, she loped through the forest back to where she had last seen Rowan on hasty, frantic steps. Her lopped ears remained pressed close to her skull, her head and body lowered as she skulked through the shadows silently -- fearful of drawing any more attention to herself or her muddled dog's blood. 

She tracked her friend's scent trail until he came into sight and then the timid canid lowered even further, padding up to Rowan with her haunches wiggling in a strange wag. Instinctive, submissive sounds escaped her throat softly as she pressed in close to him -- seeking to placate any annoyance at her sudden arrival with an affectionate lick to his chin. 

The shepherd backed off shyly then, settling in a hunkered seating position that belied her vulnerability. She scuffed a golden paw in the dirt vaguely, wondering if she should bring up what had happened with his pack mates or if it might just make things worse. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Omg so sorry I missed this

He walked slowly, casting his thoughts out for the Daedra. Trying to get them to talk to him without the tree.
But rather, they sent him the wolf-dog. Small and sleek, she pressed a greeting to his muzzle, then backing away, nervous and seemingly scared.
He cocked his head, ears pressed forward with concern.

Rowan stepped closer, touching his nose to her cheek.
"What's wrong?"
Something had happened.
Maybe his thoughts had sent the Daedra to her, preying on the newest member rather than answering him.
He crouched down, letting himself be on her level. Letting her know he wasn't some overlord, but rather her friend.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
it's all good! <3

The cur wriggled ever so slightly, shifting her weight between her paws flightily as she warred with herself. Instinct told her that Rowan had asked a direct question, and that she must answer as she would any man who posed a question to her that could not be politely avoided. Still, the shepherd had no desire to rile up any tension in his ranks -- she didn't want his pack mates to be even more upset with her than they already were.

In the end though, she finally answered him as he lowered his face to read her own golden features like the open pages of a novel, letting out a hushed whine of stress as she caved in. "Taikon."

"Taikon say...dog. Can't stay," she murmured softly, explaining as much as she was able to as her lopped auds pressed close to her skull in embarassment.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He raised a brow. Taikon?
He had his doubts, but he wouldn't dismiss the idea. Of course not.
He didn't know these wolves personally enough.
"It's ok," he smiled softly, dipping his head to her.

"I want you to be here, he doesn't have authority." He pursed his lips. He didn't know what he should do, or what he was expected to do. He needed to find his Astraia. 
He briefly touched her muzzle, tail wagging softly. He didn't want her to feel unwelcome. HE decided that should it happen again he'd have to talk to the artic man.

"Come, walk with me." She seemed very interested in the woods when they first arrived, he wanted to know if she'd made contact with the Gods or not.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The wolfdog didn't understand everything he said but straightened slowly all the same, albeit not to her full height as if some physical part of her clung to the certainty of being at fault. The woman relaxed some at his kindness and moved to follow as a half-deciphered command met her floppy ears. Her seaglass gaze glimmered with curiosity as she trotted after Rowan's earthen silhouette through the gloom of the Woods. 

She did not question him and it was unlikely that the timorous huntress would. She trailed alongside him silently, wondering for a moment -- with a flicker of anxiety -- if he was searching for Taikon so they could deal with the confrontation at that moment.