Hideaway Strath Excuse me... Have you seen my sanity? I think I lost it
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
MATURE!!

Due to reference to Jimsonweed
He has Jimsonweed, it grows throughout much of North and South America. It is a weedy annual plant with striking white tubular flowers and spiky seed pods. The leaves and seeds contain potent alkaloids that cause hallucinations. Used ceremonially by a number of indigenous peoples, jimsonweed acts as a deliriant and can produce intense spiritual visions.

Pinks and purples inked along the the horizon slowly setting the sky a flame with light and warmth long before the sun crested the outlying hills. As it’s rays filtered through the trees the light glittered along the snow covered earth setting the whole strath aflame, a diamond filled blanket covering all of nature’s beauty and some how leaving it that much more crisp and resplendent.

The large and overweight painted white brute stood admiring the scene before him, his gaze melancholy as he remained still, he was close to the borders of a pack; one he was going to request sanctuary in. He expected company soon enough, there was no need to howl out his presence like a lark.

He thought back on what had brought him to the outskirts of this pack;

One morning he had woken up beneath the ribcage of a large bear, at first he panicked that the two legged might have captured him at last and the flung himself at the stained bars that had encompassed him. In his rage, the bones of the bear carcass that he had eaten were spread far and wide. The white beast stood a rib bone in his maw, panting, wide eyed, unfocused.

He thought back on what had brought him to that crazed moment;

After serving the gods and tending to a wolf that would eventually owe him, The hungry shaman had come upon a bear carcass, it had perhaps perished in the storm maybe lost it’s way, though why it had not been in a den somewhere sleeping the winter away wasn’t a question he’d never ask. The gods had presented him with a gift and he partook. The white priest had painted his face in the bears blood, he carefully painted a stripe below each eye and along the top and bottom of his muzzle then he had painted lines down his sides with his nose. After that he had partook in yet another sprig of Jimsonweed and cried out to the gods.
He needed a place to grow his herbs and access to a hot springs to properly treat wolves. Where was he to find that now that the pack he had thought to join had but dispersed in the night.
Somewhere in his lament and during his days of plenty he caught the scent of a nearby pack and decided then and there at the break of dawn his life would change one way or the other.

So it was here and now that the intruder to this pleasant place was, He wore two skulls hanging at his sides tied together with vines and a C shaped stick that had been slid over his head and down his neck until it came to rest at his shoulders. They hung from him like saddle bags would from a horse or pack animal. One skull was of a moose with antlers still intact and one of a similarly large (to himself) wolf both skulls were lashed with twisted dried vines, both skulls were almost over flowing with herbs, there were some wooden tools lashed to the antlers of the moose skull among other things,

And it was here he waited seeming to all the world like he had time and patience a plenty. Life would catch up to him soon, for now he was just enjoying this moment, this sun rise, this place of serenity and beauty
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra was one of, if not the very first to approach the male. Large and imposing to others like she herself, the battlemaiden prowled closer with her tail high, a status of her rank. 
He seemed peaceful enough, not actively looking for trouble, but Nyra couldn't, WOULDN'T be too careless. 

"Who are you, witchdoctor? Why are you here?" She growled, standing with dominance before Vein.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The laden brute remained in his thoughtful pose even as he heard another approach. He waited a long moment, his tail hung relaxed behind him unraised and not tucked by any stretch of the imagination, He did not fear death or dismemberment, his head was not held high enough or in a manner claiming he was anything more then a lowly visitor. He remained more interested in the canopy of mother earth affording the once drawing closer to him a chance to attack and tear a chunk from his flesh in payment of his trespass.

It wasn’t until he heard a clearly feminine growl that his head lowered proffering his submission without being asked. As his eyes dropped and fell upon her…. He drew in a deep breath and it caught in his throat. His sun golden orbs roamed her pristine form admiring her body as only a male could. Her pelt was pristine unlike his bloody and painted one, her size lent promise of strength, His eyes lingered on her hips and tail admiring the view though it was mostly hidden from him as she bristled at him head on. This hear was a real woman not something that would snap like a twig under paw one that could give as good as she got. He almost groaned but no sound escaped his mouth, jaw parted to speak but his breath was still caught. Air was quickly becoming a problem, he closed his maw and licked his lips, forcefully starting his breathing again.

He was enjoying this view far more then he had mother nature’s portrait, He smiled an honest smile, he was going to like it here if he could convince them that they needed him. His accented deep rich timbre filled the air, in nothing but respectful tones “I am Vein, I am here to offer you and yours, my services as a healer and interpreter of the gods. In return of course for the privilege of joining your pack
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As the male turned to look upon her fully after a show of submission that appeased her, he seemed visibly stunned. By his expression, he was admiring her, but Nyra could only guess. 
Sheathing her teeth, the Overseer listened as he gave her the information she wanted. 
Ah, a Seer and a healer? Like @Dove then?

"We as a whole are not religious, but I think you'll find your talents used here. Healers are always welcome, but know you are not the only spiritualist to join us. You will know them in time. First however, I'll summon my co-lead." 

With that said, Nyra tipped her head back and called for @Kynareth Deagon
Health (100/100)
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth is being called. His massive head jolts up and his auds perk at the sound, he’s already beginning to trot towards the howl. Noting the howl being Nyra’s he wonders what exactly it could be this time. A spar? To alert him of something? Perhaps to just spend some time together? Something he wouldn’t mind, even though he knows he’s going to be spending even more time with her due to her new position at his side as Overseer.

Still as he approaches, the wind is knocked from his lungs at the sight that befalls him. A massive wolf, skulls hanging from his muscled form. So well fed it’s almost suspicious and blood painted all over his pale face. The grandmaster’s ears flick back in mild surprise as he eyes the stranger, sauntering up with his head held high.

Cocking a circular brow, he hums curiously. “What an interesting man.” Comes his smooth drawl before he flicks his gaze to Nyra. “What is this?” Golden orbs look back to Vein. “Do you wish to join us?” He asks then, his voice and eyes full of curiosity and intrigue for this strange man.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein longed to tilt his head back and allow his melody entangle with hers upon this crisp morning air, however that was not his place. His gaze remained upon her large paws, even her paws were enjoyable to look at, the large white toes and perfect thick white claws the thick trustworthy ankle leading up strong legs. His gaze moved back down to her paws and the prints she had left in the snow, as he heard another approach. 

The smooth tones of the male had him looking up but keeping an open casual air, He noted that neither had given their names did not bode well, though the female that made him burn with a desire he thought long lost called this male a co-lead. Not a mate then? Should not leaders be mates. Was there still a chance he might be able to woo this rapturous beauty? He set his thoughts aside and offered his answer to the male in greater detail then before.

I am a Shaman or High Priest, though I have heard this pack as a whole are not religious that is not necessary, The gods will accept those who serve them faithfully and their guidance, if asked for properly, can lead in a direction of great rewards. I am skilled in interpreting the gods desires should one wish for more insight. I require a place to make offerings to the gods.
He shifted then, lifting his head to show his chest and the purposeful blood stains, now no longer red but brown, These stains displayed many things, among them his commitment to his craft.

He lowered his head again “I am also a healer, these burdens I carry are my herbs that I have gathered from the far reaches of these lands, from the furthest coast to the highest coast and then to this place.
He paused for a moment then continued unsure if asking things of these wolves would get him closer to his end goal or not “I need a place to cultivate these precious herbs come spring, this though would benefit the entire pack that I would call home. I am in desperate need of cultivating several potent herbs
Vein grinned then, the herbs he was most concerned about were the mind altering ones or the rarer medicinal ones, He offered a carrot, if he hoped he was. “If there is a hot springs around there is a” He paused on the word not sure what word to use because ale was not quite right “…humm… A drink lets say, that takes about a month to prepare. That I’m sure you’d enjoy partaking in.” His eyes were heavy lidded for a moment before he threw his shoulders back in a shrug.

His rich rumbling mantra held no cockiness nor did it beg, He spoke as if he were reading a story and this was the obvious conclusion. “I am Vein my lord, I’d like to say my presence in your lands would be mutually beneficial. That is to say; Yes I do wish to join,"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Not too long later, her other half arrived, inquiring to the situation.
Nyra only tipped her head to Vein, for the male spoke as to his situation and his wish to become a Saint. 
Once Vein had concluded, Nyra hmmed softly, looking to Kynareth and then back. 
"We have several enemies, and you must be prepared to offer what talents you can on a whim's notice. If this does not deter you, I say welcome aboard, but my vote is not the only one that counts here." To that, the last words, she gestured with her muzzle to Donovan. 
This male seemed gentlemanly enough, in Nyra's mind. Perhaps in due time he might be able to woo her and become close to her, perhaps even love her. She might love him too, if the dynamic grew mutually. 
But for now, she could only offer her half of the whole that made the Saints' leadership. 
After a brief silence, she added in a note before either of the two spoke again. Not to interrupt, but just to make introductions should the shaman join their ranks. 
"Pardon our lack of manners, I'm Nyra, the Overseer. This is Kynareth Deagon, the Grandmaster." 
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn is impressed and oh so intrigued. This man speaks of gods and herbs and healing. A smirk pulls at the Grandmaster’s lips as his hawkish eyes follow the line of his large strong body. Then he thinks of how well this man should be able to fight — the perfect combat medic. Then before he notices he’s staring too long he realizes Nyra has introduced the two of them and with that Kyn steps forward a bit more.

“Hmm, I like what you bring to the table.” He hums succulently. “Perhaps your gods will bring us good luck, yes? Sacrifices they need? We have plenty.” He chuckles, not intending on making a joke of his religion. “Your skills and loyalty will be useful to us. I would be honored to allow you safe passage into our pack unless you prove me otherwise.” 

Then he’s tilting his head up and smirking, striking fangs on display. “Welcome to the hunt, friend.”
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein was surprised by the acceptance, his past experiences once he explained himself were of wide variety ranging from fear and disgust to disdain and rarely if not ever before… acceptance.  He held his surprise close to his chest, But lowered his head and far as he could, without dislodging his burdens, in a respectful bow. “And hunt we shall” He intoned in return. He knew he was far to lazy to hunt if he could find a way out of it, but they didn't need to know that, besides his skills were far more useful elsewhere, and He ...would... hunt if he were pressed.

He stood and offered them a smile. “Is there a good and safe dry place I could place my caches of herbs? Though I might not leave them long, they have proven useful thus far.” This was a thinly veiled attempt at getting a feel for the pack lands so he didn’t have to blunder around like a blind vole.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To the white male's question, Nyra turned her head to look toward the cave mouths in the southeast of the Strath. 
Looking back to him, the Overseer hummed "We have a cave system toward the mountains, there's a nice room full of plant life we call Gaia's altar where I'm sure you can dedicate a patch of the ground to your tools." She smiled as she said it, glancing to Kyn for a moment 
"I'd be happy to show you, if you'd like?" 
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn looks at Vein with a widening smirk. “Perfect.” He hums deviously. 

The thought of the Saints adding another strong member to the pack thrills him. Makes his breast swell with pride as he lifts his head up tall. Allowing Nyra to speak and answer the giant man’s question. 

He seconds it by nodding. “Yes, get settled in and feel free to explore the territory; meet the other members as well.” Then the Grandmaster is moving away from the two, craning his neck to look back at them with a smirk spread out on his maw. “Show him the place, darling.” He suggests softly before his eyes meet the male’s own. “Come find me later. Perhaps we can go on a hunt to get to know one another.”

With that, he’s off. Tail curled tightly over his hips and trotting away with purpose. A sick, twisted grin on his face at the thought of becoming strong enough to actually do some damage to anyone who tried to fuck with them. Everything is turning out extremely according to plan.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein nodded to Kynareth solemnly as if planning to follow up with the leader of his new clan for some hunting though he did intend on avoiding it if possible. Though this white brute was very capable of hunting and even killing, His best skill in those areas was being a target that seemed immune to pain; to draw agro, if he didn’t have to inflict his own wounds to draw his own blood he much more preferred that.  He wondered vaguely if this would eventually became a problem but that was for future Vein to deal with.

Right now his Sun golden eyes turned to the battle hardened warrior beauty before him and he resisted the urge to lick his lips in anticipation of getting some alone time with her this soon. He wondered if her body was as hard and strong as she looked, His would not be, though he was not completely flabby, as he was rarely still for long, his muscles were not honed to be fighting fit either. He was rather easy to cuddle with if one wanted extra body heat though, he’d be good at babysitting pups if he was ever given the chance to.

He realized he had not spoken in several long moments and during that time his eyes had been drifting over Nyra’s form a warm or gentle expression on his face. He drew in a sharp breath not realizing he had held his breath as he beheld her. His deep voice caressed the air “I would be honoured to follow you anywhere. Milady Nyra” He liked the way her name rolled off his tongue.

The white male moved then, almost gracefully, not a single shift of his body was wasted, each twitch and shuffle each paw step was pointed and exact, he did not expend more energy then was absolutely necessary. He was at her side allowing her to take the lead his tools rattling only gently like a wind chime.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As Kynareth left, Nyra waited patiently as Vein looked her over with what she saw as admiration. 
He seemed to be holding his breath, and she chuckled softly as he snapped out of it. 
Turning, Nyra gestured with her head and started trotting in the direction of the Chambers, toward the Northeast where the mountains made up the Bonesplinter Ravine. 
"Let's go."
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein made mental notes of everything as they passed by, even though the foliage would eventually drastically change and he'd have to relearn where some things were in the spring and summer due to the landscape changes. "I'd also like to know where the exact centre of the pack's territory is, there is a ritual I'd like to do. In hopes the gods accept the offering and give us good hunting."

He mentioned this ritual and watched her very carefully from the corner of his eye, looking to see her reaction to the idea. "The better the blood offering the greater the boon."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Hmm. I don't know exactly where that is. It's never mattered before, honestly." She muses, trotting along easily with a swaying tail. 
As she passes through each terrain with him, the landscape gradually becomes rockier, steeper. Before long, Nyra passes Vein through the entrance she had found with Arlette, taking the same tunnels to get him to Gaia's Altar. 

And then, she stopped, looking to him to watch his face, see how he enjoyed the lush foliage and warm water surrounding the island in the middle. 

"This is the place." 
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein followed her easily, if she were leading him to a place to kill him he'd go willingly, for to die at this beauty's paws would be worth it. He smiled at her swaying hips, however the moment they entered Gaia's Alter he drew in a sharp breath and stopped mid stride. His eyes were wide and his maw parted slightly, this was an oasis, a thing of dreams. He felt his chest grow tight with admiration.

"I think I'll just live in this very spot" he whispered unable to tear his eyes away even to look at her beautiful travel companion, he trotted in and began exploring every nook and cranny, shoving his nose deep between rocks and inhaling the scent of past vegetation.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra watched as a silent guard while Vein took in the view of the Altar. 
As he explored, the Overseer contemplated what to do. Leave him to it? Pull him away to show him the rest of the territory?"

Eh, leave him to it. 

"In that case, I'll be taking my leave. Feel free to get comfortable, but know that this space will be used by others as well." Nyra yawned, turning to pad back out and continue her duties. Perhaps find a new recruit, who knew?
But she'd only stop if he stopped her first.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
lets end it here, having her disappear on him would be reason enough for her to have followed her outside of the pack lands for the Mathis meet up

Vein barely registered any words she had said and hardly noticed Nyra ghost away, though if he’d been a more gracious wolf and less self absorbed in the moment he’d have thanked her and would have asked for more time to explore this place and continued to try to keep her company. as it was he was busily turning over rocks and tasting the soil beneath to gauge how rich it was, and it was rich indeed.