Dragoncrest Cliffs But I don't want to go among mad people
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
This was the first sign of other wolves she had come across since waking on the beach. It had taken her some time to get up here with how out of it she was. Still, her coat was damp and matted with sand. A gash on her head was covered over with layers of dried blood and fur. She felt nauseous and dizzy. Most of all, she was terrified. She had gotten lost and in her efforts to find her way home, she had found herself near the ocean. She hadn't remembered seeing it any time during her short life. One mistake—a slip of a paw not used to slick coastal rocks, and she had been sent head first into the icy cold depths of the sea. And then she had woken on the beach today. Her mouth felt like she had eaten sand, but the thought of drinking made bile rise in her throat. She hadn't been sure what to do, so she had just wandered, hoping to find some kind of safety.

What she found were the borders of an unfamiliar pack. She had always been a little shy and wary of strangers, but now that she was injured and completely on her own, she was terrified of what she might find if she lingered here. But she was so tired and her head hurt a lot. She wasn't sure how much longer she could move.

It turned out not much longer, because after a few yards along the borders, she swayed and fell back on her haunches. She knew she shouldn't linger, but she no longer had enough energy to keep going. And without the energy to move, there was certainly no more energy to care what might happen to her here.
Sapphique
Aventurine*
THE PULSE WHEN IT RESPAWNS
573 Posts
Ooc — Lauren

val redoubled his search of regin, turning along the thin cover of trees that marked sappiqhue's borders.

ahead something moved, freezing the young guard and causing a ripple of fur to lift along his spine.

friend, or foe? val's nose quivered, catching scent of a wolf. as he pulled closer, he realized it was a wolf near his age, draped in deep mahogany the same color as those sequoia trees in the sound that captured his heart. he was about to brightly hale her when he saw her list to one side, unwell.

um. val's ears pulled forward in slight concern, forgetting she was both on his borders and a stranger. after all, he'd discovered alyx almost in the same way, and that had been one of the best things ever. "ummmmmm... are you okay?"
NEGATIVITY, WE JUST DEAD IT LIKE D-CON.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
editing val in LOL didnt preview smh

light snow broke the lines of the harlot's body as she traveled along the borders. sapphique held. and soon, erzulie suspected, the equilibrium within the world would bring upon the season.
it would be her alone, she knew, and the concept of not bearing young alongside rosalyn perturbed the obsidian greatly. yet there was nothing to be done for it. her breath was a column of white, and onward she pressed. 
the metallic scent of blood cut coldly through the drifting snow. erzulie's ears flicked, and she followed it to where a child sat miserably upon the boundary line of sapphique, investigated kindly by valravn. she brushed her lips across his growing shoulder. it was the smell of the wound that drew the healer forward without hesitation; she noted the tangled sand in the coat that wished to be beautiful, and set her gaze with concern upon the pup.
a glance around brought to her the sight of no other strange wolves.  the harlot extended her muzzle with a gentle wave of her tail signalling safety. "what happened, cher?"
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
A gangly, shadow was the first to find her at the borders. She looked up at him warily, but his words seemed friendly enough. A hard swallow moved down her throat as she mustered up the confidence to answer him. Um...I— but she was cut off by the arrival of another; a pretty, tan and cream colored woman who asked what happened and called her cher. Her voice sounded caring an warm, kind of like her mom's, and it made her miss home even more. 

She swallowed again and drew in a deep breath. I fell...into the water, she started, her voice a little shaky. I think I hit my head. Judging by how it throbbed and ached, she would say she most definitely hit her head. I lost my family, and I don't know how to get back to them. She got out as much as she could and then she huffed out a tired breath, her shoulders sagging a little. She was so tired, she thought she might fall asleep right in front of these strangers.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
posting w permission!

injured and lost. erzulie's gaze shifted to valravn; she thought of alyx, niamh's daughter. it was not a fate she would want for any child, and so she swept forward. exhaustion was understandable, but once someone had struck their skull, they could not be allowed to sleep for some time, and not without a watchful eye.
"i be erzulie, this be valravn. you have found sapphique. come back wid us; i cannot leave you here. we figure de res' when you have rested," the harlot declared with a warm glance toward her son, lips curving in a fond smile before she put it back upon the girl.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
She was in no condition to argue with the nice woman, nor would she have if she had been in better shape. Plus, she had nowhere else to go; she had no idea where home was, and her head was pounding. Even if she knew how to get back, it wouldn't be happening any time soon.

She managed a shaky smile. A—Arielle, she offered first; at least she remembered that much. As for the invitation to come back with these two wolves, she nodded. O—Okay. Can I sleep for a while? She wanted that very much, and the second she felt safe and warm, she knew she would lose the battle to keep her eyes open.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
last for meeee <3

"after i have looked you over, yes," the obsidian assured.
as with alyx, it did not matter from where this small bedraggled child had come. she would be taken into sapphique and given food. one day another might come along to claim her. but until that time, she would be given respite within their gates.
with a chuff to her son, erzulie guided poor arielle into the forbidding stone wards of their proud land.