Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
All Welcome 
Njord continued his adventures across the South end of the Sunspire range. Balmy, but sunny, winter weather followed him as he traveled the red-tail was thankful for this. After a season of terrible storms, Njord was happy to be exploring Teekon. However, he did not wish to wander too far from Sapphique’s heart. Instead of pushing Southbound, Njord struck out East with the intention to double-back in a triangle shape.

He sniffed, and marked as he went, to learn who traveled here and what packs were nearby. The trails were obvious - well worn by generations of scouts before him. It was clear many passed through these lands. Njord figured multiple family units lived together at some point.

He continued on, hoping to run into company.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

8 Posts
Ooc — cas
solitary life was...interesting. naturally, it was - like most things - quite boring. days were spent drifting and wandering with little sense of direction (something seraph did purposely; he had no want to know where he was or where he was going, no, he was just going to...go and to hell (or heaven?) with everything else and when he was thirsty or hungry, he would wander someplace where some rotting carcass was, or next to a stream, or maybe if the usual bout of extreme laziness had somehow flickered away, he would make the effort to hunt. seraph was not too bothered. but, other than that, and the occasional stranger to talk to, there was absolutely nothing going on.

in fact, he had not found anyone or indeed anything, to talk to in the past few days and seraph was about to go crazy from this isolation. he was usually not a team-player but even he knew his genes denoted him as a social creature and as such he needed company so as to avoid literally going batshit insane. just as this gloomy thought crossed seraph's mind, he smelled and then spotted...a wolf in front of him. a stranger! could be a serial killer but who cared? and oooh look, look - "hey, cool tail," seraph blurted out, seeking to close the distance between them with comically quick footsteps (he refused to run) and the always-present sway in his hips that had annoyed his family (and according to them, the one and only God, the almighty???) so much they had to disown him and kick him out of the pack. but, there was nothing in the world as precious as familial love right?
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The fields were a wide expanse of endless white. Sometimes there’s be long, dead brush poking up from the deep drifts of snow, but otherwise, it was like a freshly laundered sheet tucked tight. Njord could see prey tracks in the snow: bird, hare, deer… he figured these were popular grazing grounds for game big and small.

He walked with purpose (He was a man on a mission, after all) until he managed to cross paths with a youthful looking fellow. They approached one another. Hey, cool tail, the stranger complimented. “This ol’ thing? Ya flatter me, lad,” Njord chuffed in a friendly tone. He curled his tail like a plume to show it off. He was quite proud of the striking red in his coat… It was a hand-me-down from his great ancestors of Duskfire Glacier.

The vagrant had a similar color on the ruff of his neck, but for the most part they were cast in a sooty black. Candy pink eyes regarded Njord with curiosity.  He appeared young… maybe this was his first winter? “Are ya a scout, too?” Njord asked, “or jus’ passin’ though?” They were too far apart to smell each other, but Njord’s open posture would permit his company to take scent.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

8 Posts
Ooc — cas
seraph laughed, lips quirking into a roguish smirk as he appraised the stranger, giving the older man a quick once-over. "oh, i never flatter," he drawled lightly, eyes glinting with something akin to mischief as they moved closer to each other. did he like the stranger? sure, he was cute, but seraph flirted with pretty much everyone and everything? and the days of silence (and spending too much time with himself) had driven him just a little too close to the edge which might have made him a tad too eager. oh well. 

"oh no, not a scout - my family disowned me and kicked me out of the pack," seraph said with a cheerful grin, "i was a scout in training beforehand though, just can't get enough of going to new places and meeting new people, y'know what i mean?" he was going to leave eventually. maybe not permanently. maybe he was going to ask for permission to wander (oh, who was he kidding, as if he would've ever asked for permission) or something else. but no, they decided he was the devil's spawn which didn't make any sense because that would make them the devils - well they are devils, hmm, maybe they were onto something after all. "what about you?"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The two traded stories for a while before heading off in different directions. The stranger offered no new information about these lands, but had quite the interesting family history. Njord bid him farewell, and set off to his next destination.