Blackfeather Woods The flame of hope
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
Joining 
Akari couldn't explain her feeling: Blackfeather Woods surged in front of her as safe haven on the horizon. And its wolves had already proved Akari their value. Suddenly, it was like the wind, the grass, and every stone of the World were telling her to go, promising her that the forest shall welcome her with open arms.

A new home. A new pack. It was all Akari ever hoped for since she fled her former home, wandering around the world, so lost and so hopeless...

Now, a flame of hope warms her spirit! All she has to do is stride into those woods, and her days of solitude might meet their end, at last!

Led by her instincts, she dived into the shadows, embraced by the lush vegetation. She could feel the scent of the pack, of wolves she's yet to know, but she wasn't nervous; not even when she spotted the alpha in the distance: she approached him with her mind and body already acknowledging his position.

"Greetings." She said, keeping a respectful distance. "My name is Akari, and I seek a place among your pack. Is there any chance for me to stay?"
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His ears tilted to the strange woman.
The foreigner who'd had a strange turn on their borders, and they'd kept around until she felt well.
However, it seems like the woods had once again cast its magic and however it had drawn her into its clutches, it held on tight still.
His eyes swept her up and down; still no sign of another turn or injury.

"Of course," he beamed back, tail wagging. "There is always space in Ivory Rose. Have you been told our rules?"
He doubted it, but maybe someone had taken the time to talk to the woman and explain.
Though, that was unlikely seeing as they were yet to find a proper medic.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
"... Have you been told the rules?"

When such interrogation fell upon her, her blood rushed to her cheeks, and her ears were suddenly drawn to the sound of her own heartbeat.

"Uh... I... No, I'm afraid not. Maybe you can enlighten me about these rules when you can spare the time?" She sat, her round eyes shining bright as Akari's spirit turns into turmoil, hidden behind her calm demeanor. "Don't worry. I'll wait as long as necessary..." Of a sudden, she became aware that she didn't know his name.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He grinned, and sat with her.
"I have time now." 
He watched her for a moment, slightly enchanted by how her eyes seemed to glitter. But only for a moment.
"I'm Rowan Blackfeather, and this is Blackfeather Woods. My rank is Eleos, and I lead Ivory Rose, specifically the Rose. I think you'll be suited to being a Rose, so your rank will be Erote. Does that sound good?"
She didn't seem to know anything of the woods yet, so it was best to mark as one who didn't follow for now. He hoped she would.

"Ivory Rose is a religious cult, but some of us believe in the Daedra. They are gods who gain their power from these woods. The main ones are Sithis, ruler of the Void, and Mephala, the Night Mother." He paused, letting her think and ask a question if she wanted to. He didn't want to bore everyone with his Daedra.

"But because I believe, and these woods are sacred, there has to be rules both for the Daedra and for the pack. The ravens and crows you see and hear a lot are not to be killed, but you can touch them. I also ask that you respect the tree and the altar, as well as your packmates. I want us to be a family." He smiled again, taking a pause. This was probably a lot for her to take in but Rowan was pretty tactless. At like, most things.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
Akari heard his words in silence. She was given a rank, and she accepted it with a slight nod: one more rose bloom to the pack.

Then, Rowan referred to his pack as a religious cult: it was obvious that Daedra worshiping would be an important part of the pack life. Though she had never heard of Daedra before, of one thing she knew to be true: Blackfeather Woods are sacred for sure. She could feel it, a mystic aura surrounding the forest, binding every creature, every plant, and every rock to one another, holding the parts of a whole.
She looked to the trees around, and she was quick to find a raven perked nearby. Intelligent birds, those. But Akari never thought of them as sacred before...

No matter: rules are rules, and Akari had sworn to follow them the moment she had asked Rowan for a place among his pack.
The she-wolf returned Rowan's smile.
I want us to be a family.
"And a family we are." She answered. "I'll give my best to contribute to this pack's well-being in every way I can. May Ivory Rose grow strong!"