Noctisardor Bypass But you might find ecstasy
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Also backdated a bit, but set a while after the last one. Obv I know the fight thread isn't over so uh.. Vague. XD

At some point she talked to Warlock and got a rundown of what all happened either in thread or behind the scenes. There was also the case of a new wolf that he had passed her son's checks and also been present at the fight. She needed to talk to him -- and mark territory, check on members, and do a whole laundry list of other things, but there were only so many she could cram into one day.

Finding out what had gone on put her in a very no-nonsense mood. Though some of what had happened was bad timing, she was already thinking of ways that she might lob that fool off a cliff. Metaphorically at least. She had been perfectly willing to deal, but now? She wanted to make him miserable. It was probably not in @Zane's best fortune that now was when she called for him.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
vague but assuming he got roughed up at least some because Mahler is way outta his league fight-wise lmao

Edit - updated to outside borders and tweaked for events!

Zane was not digging this in the least.  Sure, he wasn't frozen and starving out in the middle of nowhere, but was getting his handsome mug cracked in for some weird pack pissing match much better?  He'd already forgotten why they'd said they showed up, but he'd been pretty busy getting his ass kicked by grandpa.

Fuck.  It wasn't fair.  Why'd he have to keep the pretty ones back with 'im?

Maybe they preferred it old... weird.  Whatever.  Zane was moping slightly when he heard Arbiter call, and he got stiffly to his feet to reluctantly answer.  Probably what's his face's mom, come to thank a gallant fella for holding down the fort?  That put a little perk back in his walk, a slight swagger, albeit a bit of a pathetic one.

Outside of the borders.  We are gonna say this happens pre-move.

Hey hey! He greeted her, and the first thing he did was take in how fuckin massive she was.  This chick was a tank, holy... and a slick one at that.  Awww hell yeah.  Come to check out the newest recruit? I'm assumin' you heard about how we nearly drove off that other dude an his side pieces.  His tone was cocky, but if Arbiter had talked to literally anyone else there, she'd likely have heard a little of his actual participation. Unfortunately, that thought hadn't crossed his mind.  You're welcome.  I mean... not like she was there.  Yeah? (Dude, you are askin for it....)
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Yeah, Arbiter expected better from her subordinates. Maybe not gravitas necessarily, but definitely some understanding that it hadn't gone down well and that was not a good thing. And partially it was his fault -- it was bad when her most cowardly of sons was the strongest man present! As he talked, the fur along her spine pricked up hair by hair. 

Also, there was the fact this was Arbiter, and his smug attitude was ripe for being put where it belonged -- partially from her own anger. He was a subordinate, a new one at that, who had ran from a challenge rather than stand alongside Warlock and hold their home. Zane hadn't done enough to earn that right. -- This was enough. She snarled, taking a couple aggressive steps forward as her tail arced upwards -- an obvious demand to submit, You ran. An explanation was required.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh damn, she was pissed.  Zane took an instinctive step back, but didn't do the smart thing and shut his mouth.  When did he ever do that?  Woah, shit.  Course I did!  I'd been here, what, two days?  Me and the kid weren't going to take down three of em ourselves and sorry, I ain't interested in dying for someone I hadn't even met yet.  Despite the blase nature of the words, Zane was talking quickly, trying to get out of the shithouse he'd apparently landed himself into somehow.

Least it isn't snowin?  He added, as if maybe adding a bright side might help his circumstances here.  Dude could try.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
It was not the answer she wanted at all, snarling as she continued towards him. After acting as if you could hold your own? And now I come back to find some pack of filth living in our home! Giving you shelter is not worth enough to keep it, so you leave my son behind? She expected more from her wolves. She expected loyalty, spirit, and certainly not cowardice that put her family in danger. How much of what he said to Warlock had been a lie? Would he be leeching off the pack?
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I know you were considering pulling her, so we can wrap this whenever you like!

Hey, lady, I ain't responsible for your son bein an idiot who don't know when to cut and run in a fight.  Alright?  Zane was clearly starting to get nervous, and despite the fact that the previous words were probably enough of a trigger to get his nose bitten off, his posture definitely dropped as he delivered them.

He had zero interest in challenging her, but he couldn't seem to shut up and take it.  He never had been able to.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Yeah I think that this one could be wrapped!

Your spine would be more useful hung in a tree, it was cold and unemotional. It was probably actually worse that she spoke so plainly -- it meant the bits of her brain that would have been dedicated to forming more emotion in her words were focused on something else. Never a good sign. That was only needed because the rest of you were cowards. No wiggle room, bared fangs making their own silent point, You want protection? Shut up. Find the others. We move. It would be a start, at least. And honestly if the other coward didn't show up again, she was ok with that. And Zane had best follow her instructions or he would have thus  have burned through all his good will. Using her teeth was next.
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If there was one thing to give Zane credit for, it was knowing when to make a quick exit.  Except that was kind of the very thing that marked him a coward, so his ledger was probably looking pretty damn red. 

You got it.  He said, giving her a little nod and then noping out without too much argument.  She had all but threatened to tear his spine out and he wasn't too keen on testing her sense of humor.  Didn't much feel like she had one.

It was lookin like the prospects here weren't bright, and he had the feeling even if he did catch this chick's attention, it was a spotlight he wouldn't much enjoy.  

sounds good, ty!! These two were a good time XD maybe if she returns and he is still around they'll bump into one another again