Redhawk Caldera and i ain't seen the sunshine since i don't know when
a boy named sue
17 Posts
Ooc — landry
All Welcome 
Just a short open-ended All Welcome post, happy to take it in any direction if someone needs something in particular. :)

Today, he stayed within the confines of the wolven borders. He, too, could be described as one in a...very loose manner. Lenny was self aware enough to know he did not resemble those around him. Uncanny, gangly limbs and stupidly large ears.

Still he had to learn to fit in with them. Be them. Learn their ways more. So he tried to follow along trails that seemed well worn and hung heavy with the scent of strangers he must call packmates.
Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay hadn't met a whole lot of coyotes or coywolves in his life, so when he saw their new pack mate wander around in the territory, he couldn't help but wonder for a moment if that was right..? He hesitated, because if it was a coyote trespassing than maybe he rather would turn around and pretend he hadn't seen it, let one of the other wolves deal with it. But he knew that many of those wolves were currently weakened in one form or another, so if this was an aggressive stranger, then he should —

— luckily, as he approached, Eljay soon realised that the stranger smelled of Towhee and must've been accepted into the pack already. He offered a friendly smile and a wave of his tail as he approached with neutral body posture and said, Hiya, you must be new. If he had any reservations about the stranger's looks, then he wasn't showing it. I'm Eljay, the pack's caretaker.
a boy named sue
17 Posts
Ooc — landry
Lenny would shrink immediately upon being spotted. He did not discern between personalities in such a way that allowed him to relax upon a friendly presence. He simply made himself small upon every wolf he came across. It seemed to always work far better that way.

'M Lenny. He mumbled softly, head lowered so his muzzle neared his front paws. He held no fancy titles to share with this male. However he did have curiosity to spare.

Whatssa caretaker? His words likely sounded childish to a degree. Not uniformed in a proper speaking manner.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When he saw the other shrink, Eljay stayed his distance, not wanting to alarm him. Eljay wondered what'd made him so shy, and he instantly felt some warmth towards the newcomer. He didn't look like a pup, but he seemed to have lead a rough sort of life. He didn't know about caretakers, and he was so twitchy. It wasn't hard to draw conclusions. It reminded Eljay just a little bit of himself when he was about that age and had left Redhawk Caldera to try and prove himself in some way to its wolves. Except more... scarred. In the mental way.

With an overly friendly smile and a body language that was neutral, almost nearing submissive as to not to alarm Lenny, Eljay explained, It means when someone gets hurt, I look at their wounds and make sure they don't die, as a medic. If he thought it weird or annoying that he had to explain these things, Eljay wasn't showing it. In fact, he quite enjoyed that he could explain this. I'm also a puppysitter, which means I look after the pups when the parents go out hunting and stuff like that. And I help mothers with delivering their pups as the pack's midwife. And then all those things together make me a caretaker.
a boy named sue
17 Posts
Ooc — landry
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Lenny had never met someone who stopped death. Er, well, prevented death? He did not understand the difference or order. Just that Eljay seemed very important now. Like. Maybe the most important?!

With curiosity heavy in him, Lenny's submissive position softened some. Took on the pose of a child who seemed content to look up to and learn from a parent or teacher.

Teach Lenny? He asked with a cocked head. The scrawny coywolf imagined that Towhee would be extra proud if he learned how to stop death!
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay could not hide his smile when Lenny seemed to calm down a bit more and loosen up. Eljay nodded when Lenny asked to be taught. Yeah, of course. It's uh, it's harder without someone who's actually hurt, though. But maybe I could just tell you some things..? Eljay glanced at Lenny, hoping that he understood what he meant by that. Maybe he could show him how to lick clean a wound, even without a wound present? It was better than nothing. Even herbs were in short supply, so there wasn't much to show right now either.