Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
935 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for my delay, life threw me some curve balls

Spent from the race and dripping with seawater, Njord’s chest heaved as he sucked in air. His muscles were tight, body vibrating from the icy ocean and the harrowing race. However, an eerie silence cast a gloom upon the crowd. A few were missing, notably Chacal and Valravn, and the others were staring offshore. Njord’s head turned just as Erzulie and Merlin spilled back onto the beach.

“Mer!” Njord coughed, “Y’all right? Ya was almost food for tha fishes.” He jested half heartedly, sad to see his friend gagging up saltwater. He turned to Vex. The young yearling had made it back onto shore in one piece. He shot a lopsided grin to him. “Tha’was a good race!” he said aloud to nobody in particular, hoping to lighten the mood. He did catch Haunt’s congratulatory look, which did make him feel a little better.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The first run, it seemed, would inspire some fear.  Not a bad outcome, she thought, her heartbeat slowing again as she caught Erzulie's look.  She'd worried when her wife disappeared into the waves, watching as tense as the rest, but of course she'd surfaced fine.  They were right to fear the water, but fear was not something that should stop them.  If they learned and respected the waves, the ocean held little danger.  Rosalyn cast her glance across them, wondering who would seek to learn and who would allow fear to halt them.

Congratulations, Njord.  Rosalyn said, with more warmth than she'd shown in a while.  And well done, Merlin, Vex.  New to the ocean and the pack but still willing to try.  She couldn't help but let her gaze drift after Chacal and Valravn... both gone, disappeared at some point during the race.  Disappointment gripped her, but she kept herself standing firm.  The sea is a mighty foe; it isn't easy to test her.  Both had earned a marked place with them today despite not winning.  They could have walked away as well, but chose not to.

After a swim like that, I think some food may be in order.  She added after a moment, smiling and beckoning.  Erzulie and Merlin could follow when they were ready.  Together they could celebrate their new Ruby and share in a meal... and after, Rosalyn could seek out their children.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
now that she had returned to herself, erzulie noticed that chacal and valravn had done. a frown creased her brow; she sought to catch her wife's eye, and then pulled away from merlin to offer njord a brush of her muzzle. "a job well done, ruby," she said to him, grinning before she stepped away to shake out her fur.
"vex," she praised, favoring him with a warm look as haunt assisted him to rise; it would be a good thing to leave the beach now.
"food, yes," erzulie laughed breathlessly. "i will take merlin to rest first," she said softly, returning to nudge the dark-red young man. she would remain beside him until he rose, after which she would lead him off to recuperate beneath a welcoming sea-pine, intending to bring him sustenance of his own. such an ordeal.
and her children to be sought out after.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]