Wheeling Gull Isle Well I like who you are
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Joining 
Backdated some vague amount, but not more than a week I think? Vague about @Aibreann since I haven't heard back yet. The other thread is still technically going but wanting to get this started too. :P
And this also ends this song's lyrics as my thread titles, o no I need to pick another.

Mal had better timing this time than last -- crossing the land bridge wasn't as big of a deal. But really, this time there was no rush, no weight pressing him to run... What would that do, after all? So instead he made sure all were safe, all were fed, not that it was as big of a deal as it had been in the past. After all, the group of wolves he'd brought with him was small, which didn't feel great when he knew how many were missing. With him came Ciaran and @Nuala close to him, @Caerus not far either, and @Cam plus @Tuathal, the newest one of the group, rounding out their numbers. 

The trip had gone fairly smoothly, with Mal keeping a close eye on the three children he had remaining -- okay, Caerus got a little more freedom, but Mal still got concerned when he wandered. He was glad that Cam and Tuathal were along as well -- so many others he would have thought would still be here and weren't, but that's how things always seemed to go with him. He was too often left behind. Mal himself was quiet -- still a shell of his former self, but he was trying to be what they all needed, whatever it was.

But hopefully on the island they'd all be safe. A new start... Or something. He still wasn't thinking positively enough to go that far, he'd take just "safe from the doom that had plagued them" as a starting point. It would be enough. He came to a stop at their borders then looked back at the group with him, an expression that should have been a smile but wasn't for many reasons. These were all he could protect. And so, he raised his head and called for Hua.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
What had happened at Moonspear had shaken many to the core, some more the  others. Aiolos could feel lucky that his home was still safe, still well. That his people had not suffered the same fate, like Moonspear, like Firefly Glen, who lost family and friends to both bear attacks and destruction from the sky. He didnt feel very lucky, for the wolves that suffered were still allies, friends. He knew it could be worse for them, for Yuelong, though they would not go unchanged.

Hua, though all this, the social butterfly felt the grief of it even worse. So much so she took time to herself and those to come- her current pups, future pups to come... Aiolos, a single man now stood a single Leader and felt the weight of being the one in the spotlight now. He didnt know what to think. Didnt know how to react. He was uncomfortable. He needed his Empress, but she needed to mend as everyone else did.

So with reluctance he came to the call of Mal. He was surprised, however, to see the group with him- two, no, three, of his pups and a pawful of members, some which he recognized from the number of times he had stayed within their ranks and others he did not. Something had happened, that much was obvious. Had the forest felt the rage of the blast as well? He'd find out soon.

Mal... Came out the smoothness of Greek tone and he passed his fiery gaze to the rest, offering an overall nod before going back to their lead. I'm guessing with your group you dont bare good news... A frown, and he juts his muzzle out to the side. Hua may not come. After learning of Moonspear, she has been a bit... A deeper frown, lost for words.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Vague about what goes on in the Hua thread, but.. XD -- If Aibreann does appear I'm right now assuming she's lagging behind to get herbs or something.

Everyone else along for the ride can feel free to post whenever! After this post I'm gonna be slowish with replying in hopes other threads catch up, heh.

To Mal, Moonspear wasn't important at all. They'd run out on him when they'd promised to help him, and he'd lost a friend to evil because of them, and they'd been senselessly cruel before then. He would continue being apathetic to their existence or lack thereof. But his ears perked up at what Aiolos said about Hua not coming, suddenly a bit more anxious than he was world-weary, but still quite a mix of both, speaking without too much thinking as he left out half of what he should have said, I spoke to her before -- I should go see her-- But he cut off there. Mal was always one to put everyone else's troubles in front of his own, and he was suddenly very concerned about Hua's wellbeing as well. But he still had others that were waiting on him. A shift of his expression then, though, and he looked back to his children, the friends who'd followed. They were his priority first, he could find Hua after if she didn't come see them. 

I told her we would be coming. And he paused there on the subject, wondering if that would be enough. Honestly, he was getting tired of going over the same sorrows with every person he ran into. Not everyone needed to hear what his pack had been through. They'd already worked it out -- with Hua, yes, but did he have to talk about all their losses again? It wasn't helping to be reminded of it so much. He needed a break. Instead, he introduced the others with him, a fine distraction from the issue.  Caerus, Nuala, Ciaran, he listed, pointing to each, or giving them a light tap if they were within reach, and that is Cam and Tuathal.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
vomits into the text box
The move from the forest feels like too little, too late. It feels hollow. It feels like another loss, where before it might have felt like a victory. She's slow in the process of moving, occasionally lagging behind as they get closer to the island. Investigating the new growth nearby is the excuse she gives. In reality, she's taking the time to brood. But there's no more time for it now, it seems; they've arrived at their new home, and now she has to put on a smile for her children and her mate and pretend this doesn't all feel like the end of the life she'd tried to carve out for herself. She enters the scene trailing far behind the group, offers a quiet smile, and allows herself to fade into the background. It's all she can manage.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
he supposed that the mourning would continue for some time. no one had died (at least not recently), and they were all relatively in one piece. but leaving the forest was like losing a limb, and so he'd continue to nurse that part of his heart for a long time to come—even if it was offset by the wonder of the island.

it was, truly, a remarkable place. cam gawped all the way along the land bridge, following his mottled friend and erstwhile leader with wide emerald eyes. they drew to a stop and were met by a man who looked vaguely familiar; cam remembered him during yuelong's stay in neverwinter forest.

for his part, he remained silent. there was nothing for him to add, really. he had hoofed it to catch up with the rest of them, and he was exhausted. but with that exhaustion was curiosity, and he wondered how best to explore in the next day or two while also being as lazy as wolfily possible.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Figure time to push this onward?

An obvious look of concern, his ears perked, eyes worried and just how much Mal cared for Hua showed now. Aiolos watched, listened. If anyone were to be so close to his Empress it was one Aiolos could hope would be good for her, care for her, as Aiolos himself did, but with more. The Greek's own feelings for the woman steered to a more familial level.

Mal mentioned that he had spoken to Hua about this, that news of Neverwintet's arrival had already been in the works. Aiolos had no reason not to believe Mal and had no reason either to turn him away. He'd not force him to explain what had become of their former home either, obvious it was enough which forced them to leave and come to their ally's aid now. Fiery attention turns, meeting the other wolves face by face as they are introduced. The group surely was not happy but there was at least a spark of hope in Cam's attention, who he remembered before. Valencia and Simmik, who he had trained before, were not.

I'm Aiolos, He introduces to the lot and then, Come on then and all show you all where some good caches and dens are for you to get settled. He would encourage, ready just the same to pull them into their future and away from their sorrowful past.
moonglow daddy
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Then shall we archive after leaving it open for any furhter replies?

But at the sound of another approaching, his ear turned back, then his head. Aibreann, was her late introduction. He tried to give her a smile, comfort that this was the right thing to do, that things were going to get better. But he wasn't sure. It left him wondering again why it was things had gone so pear shaped. He was a failure, and she'd ended up hurt in the process.

Either way, it was time to go explore their new home. Again Mal looked across them all, then motioned forward. This was supposed to be a new chapter, but it for now still seemed like loss. At least they were together -- those of them that were left...
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Yupp. Guess we can leave this open for a little while longer while @Cam & @Aibreann get their exits in.

A soft nod then to the newest arrival, Aibreann, who aloud herself to bleed in with the rest of those gathered. Without what seemed any question or complaint from anyone, he turns and begins off, bringing them into the direction of the heart of their home. A hillside fitted with a colorful coniferous forest. A forest and yet, far from the evergreens they once called home...
moonglow daddy