Wheeling Gull Isle I'm mostly confused about the world I live in.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
All Welcome 
He felt more and more like a ghost as the days passed by. That was usually a good thing; when he'd lost himself before, when his tether was Maegi and Maegi alone, he ghosted through the moments when they were apart and relished the time they spent together. When the flood of memories had overrun the rest of him, Mou had been lost — but there was Maegi again, keeping him within the confines of reality. They had abandoned the world they knew to make a stake of their own — and then in losing it, Mou went back to being a spectre. Together they had roamed. Together they found themselves here, ready to restart once more.

And yet here he was, falling in to old habits.

He could go to her now and things would be alright. Maegi was growing fat with their future and he was glad for that. He did his duty as her husband: kept her energy levels up with fresh food, kept her warm through the cold winter nights, brought her trinkets and flower buds when spring finally erupted.

Something inescapable was tugging at him. It had started when the smoke rose on the horizon that day — the imagined smell of cinders everywhere, risen like a tide in his mind that drowned his dreams. The woods were quiet here but sometimes Mou could swear he could hear the crackling of flames. Even now, with the light beginning to fade with an early dusk, the transitional dimming of the sky's colors only evinced one image: a doomed earth, salted and burned.

And so he roamed, keeping his head down and his thoughts to himself.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
the man had one eye. he had seen that before, right? certainly, in his nearly two years, he had come across wolves in every form of existence, from those who were whole to those. . .well, not. 

he wouldn't have noticed had the single orange orb come burning through the gloaming—not an entire gaze, as cam was accustomed to. they were on a collision course, although surely the man would notice his presence soon enough. he didn't let it come to that, giving a brief, amiable chuff before approaching the seawolf.

hallo, cam greeted, a small but gentle smile upon his face. care for some company? i need to start exploring the island, anyway.

he half-expected to be rebuffed based on the wolf's standoffish posture and prepared to turn away, to seek out mal or one of the other erstwhile neverwinter denizens. ah, the pleasant escape of familiarity.