Firefly Glen party is over
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
All Welcome 
Night fell. The moon was barely a sliver again and slowly, Antares worked his way on a path to Firefly Glen. He was in no particular hurry to get there, so an easy walk suited him, but felt compelled to go just because he wanted the motion. He had not seen Bronco in a bit, who he had considered trying to coax into going with him first, but those efforts had instead ghosted him over a fresher trail on @Vallkyrie. Maybe she would humor him for a few, if nothing else.. but it turned out he found the fringes of the glen before coming across any other wolves. The Ostrega kept to his mosey anyway, pointing to the northeast.

He barely skimmed their edge, or where it had been, roving close to where they pressed their luck with Neverwinter--a stretch he used to like to patrol, and now it was going to bring him comfort in distance from the wounded peak. It was quiet, too, and he missed.. everything. An entire turn of the moon later to digest what was a fatal blow, and it was no easier. Thanks to this, Antares felt he owed explanation to every other firefly at any given time, but instead, slinking through the dark over their old abandoned borderlands was the best he could do tonight. Hollowed, he found he could not even summon the energy to particularly care.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie's strides were at an easy lope this night. She trailed away from the small ring of mountains that made Moonglow and into a far more space woodland- Firefly Glen. Just north, was home. At least, her former home but as odd as it seemed, whenever the woman looked to the forest she did not see any patrol. Did not see anyone coming back from a hunt. She frowned, wondering how the wolves might still be holding up. If they were not there any longer maybe Mal had finally decided to heed her word. The forest was cursed.

In the darkness, she wouldnt see Antares at first though herself could be seen as a river of white against her mostly black coat. She smelt him however along their former boarder between the glen and forest. The huntress trailer behind, a silent guardian should the Firefly Alpha need her help.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane is skippable, she's further south, where the Glen used to den.

Lane was considerably deeper into the Glen territory, or.. was it considered the former Glen territory? Weeks had passed since the event that had displaced the Glen wolves, and yet they still remained suspended in limbo. The Moonspear wolves were similarly affected-- arguably more so, since they had lost their leader-- and yet they had managed to establish themselves in a new place, under a new name and leader. Each day that had passed, Lane had expected to hear the call that rallied the Glen refugees, the call that indicated a decision had been made. Lane knew not whether to expect the call from Antares or from Bronco, but what she did know was that they could not take advantage of Moonspear's hospitality forever. They needed to make their decision soon, before powers outside the Glen forced their choice. 

In an effort to not feel quite so useless, Lane had taken the opportunity afforded by her recently-healed paw to travel back to the Glen ruins. It felt good to finally have four good paws on the ground once again, and she had covered distance like she hadn't in months. Now that the earth had settled, or so it seemed, it was Lane's intention to comb through the mess and try to unearth what might remain of the Glen's medical supplies. She had managed to escape with her medkit, which was always ready to go, but the majority of the Glen's stock was still around here... somewhere. Nothing looked like it was supposed to, and Lane was struggling. What was supposed to be a day trip had drawn out until past sunset, and she had been forced to pause her search for the night. She nosed through the underbrush slowly, sniffing around for a good place to curl up for the night.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
While it felt like an empty gesture, the shadow found a small bit of momentum.. enough to go with the flow of, and kept him slinking along these once-great edges. He found it only half-distracted him from what he wanted to get distance from, but maybe that would be enough. Better than nothing? Antares supposed, and when he came to suspect that he was no longer alone.. it was easier to slow up, his ears angling back to listen. Chancing some company, and the diversion it could bring, felt a little easier to handle than the feeling of being followed. Making this known, he passed a glance over his shoulder towards Vallkyrie, his subtle invitation for her to join him, if she'd want to.

He did not entirely know what to make of her place in all of this. She stood by Bronco, and remained now as a steadfast presence. He had never known how tied to the forest of pines she had been, and neither did he know what she wanted to see come of this present. Only recently had he begun to sense what he wanted, personally, despite the need to navigate what was best for those he was responsible for, too.

Besides us, it's strangely quiet here, he supposed to the open air, almost sadly, half in part to see if Vallkyrie would respond. It didn't feel right.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The dark night's ears turned back, listening for her, then his head, a welcoming gesture and slowly, easily, does the huntress come to linger at his side. Here and the forest. She jut her muzzle upwards, to the north where the forest of great pines could be seen not far off. My once home. It looked like the pack had finally come to an end. Different then his situation, for Moonspear left with a bang while Neverwinter smoldered silently.

These Wilds have not been kind to any of us as of late. She breathes out a weighted sigh, her icy attention befalling the man at her side once more. Between Moonspear, the Glen, Neverwinter, who knew what others felt such great tragedies. Why did the survivors linger then still?
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Willingly he considered the forest when she guided him to it, and slowly, his frown deepened. It all seemed so lonesome now, almost eerie. Carefully, he hung upon her words: my once home. He felt that, too, though he might not know exactly why she departed from their lot. It could be any number of reasons. He suspected maybe one's cause. What.. happened there? he asked vaguely, eyes narrowed off towards the distance--not even sure how much she knew given he did not know the timeline of their leave, or hers. Antares had been wrapped up in his own grief since the bear had come upon their comrades, so everything was a wicked blur since.

That's one way to put it, he agreed readily. What had once been such prosperous times for them, reduced to this--him, haunted by the times past. It doesn't feel right here. Not anymore. Antares imparted after a pause, and a swing of his muzzle towards the heart of the glen. He was still keeping his back to Moonspear, as well as he could help it. The wilds had changed dramatically for him, and slowly as he began to mend, he wondered what he might be like on the other side of this all.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The lands to me became cursed. She began, One after another we were met with both tragedy and disappointment. Members came and went as they chose, many of the leaders pups lost by him, betrayal... She explained grimly. When Mal refused to hear her out she had left only to realize how they hadn't lasted long after. She hoped it was for the best.

He turned to the Glen then south of the forest, longing, lost... She sighs yet again. It doesnt. It hasn't, not for a long time... At least to her and for him, even if it was just months, it was quite long enough for how much pain he had gone through. I dont want to be here anymore. She looked back to him again, searching, to his deep blue gaze. Dark like deep ocean depths and hers like the glaciers jutting out from within.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Cursed, she said, and spelled out their fate to him in greater detail. Antares kept his frown on, of course, eventually shaking his head slowly. Awful, all of it. A different twist on it from what the fireflies, and eventually Moonspear had felt of course, but all the same: awful. Neverwinter had been a staple in his life, neighbors to harass now and again even, so none of this was a fate he wanted to see come true. He sighed, and as he listened on, he went still.

I don't want to be here anymore.

He peered back at her, wide-eyed and searching--with no doubt to be seen in return. She meant it, though it stung and validated him all at once. Antares did glance away before mustering up his voice. Words right out of my own mouth, he groused quietly, and huffed, refocusing on the dark Archer. Do you stay for Bronco? he asked outright, maybe a little upfront but in his time beside her, he had learned she was honest.. so he would be honest with her back. He wasn't blind either, so hoped he didn't offend because maybe, the same could be said for him in some shape too. I don't think there's any glen left to lead anymore and even if there was, wherever, I couldn't do it alone, he said, though it was something he knew they all saw: who was there for them when everything went wrong, and who they could turn to, always. More than anything, he did not want to do it alone.

Worst part for him, that was only half of his dilemma. And the mountain, I can't look at it without thinking about everyone still, can't get the smell out of my nose.. it's so.. suffocating. he seethed, angry at himself for this one. He could honor it, he knew, like his aunt had the poise to. Maybe it was all too raw for him yet, but now it was like she had said about the forest.. cursed, and he ached.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
And when she looked to him his eyes were wide, that sharp gaze taking on a different look. He turns away, stating he felt thr same, perhaps the very time he admitted it out loud. Maybe the first time he mentioned it to anyone, especially his remaining pack members. It was easier to say to someone he didnt know long, someone he didnt have to worry about disappointing or so Kyr would be left to think. The huntress understood and was glad she was here to help him process all this even despite the lack of history they had with one another.

I suppose I do. He's a good guy... She murmured the answer as he outright asked about Bronco and if it were he alone which bound her still yet. There is an uncertainty which lingered in her expression. She didnt exactly know what to make of her and Bronco's relationship. Friends, of course. Flirty, affectionate, a crush but would it ever blossom into something worth putting your life on standby for?

I thought maybe after I left the forest I would join Moonspear. I knew your mother... She then added grimly, explaining further- why she stayed and how she ended up here with their group to begin with. But then all this happen and I wanted to help Moonspear for her and the Glen for Bronco... These were her only two connections before.

You dont have to lead alone if you dont want to. Dont have to lead at all actually. Now she found herself speaking matter of factly. Those left of this can make a home for themselves in Moonglow or your allies south of here. To which she did not exactly know the name of. And you, She said with a shrug, Can try to stay too or find some sense of happiness elsewhere, without the shadow of the mountain at your back.

Whatever you do... She toed at the earth. Just let them know. Just cause you abandon your post as Alpha doesnt have to mean you abandoned them.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
He is, Antares agreed readily, and kept her answer close for later's sake. He didn't need to pry for any further explanation, label, or otherwise. It was what it was, confirmation enough for him before he could listen on, frown growing heavier to hear what should have been her fate, had the stars not declared otherwise. Moonspear would have enjoyed her, he liked to think, and he sighed softly at the missed opportunities--a vision of a future denied this time.

From there, he was quieted for another long moment, not missing the way she drove for the point. It was, again, honest. First Kukutux had spoke of the island pack, then Adrastus of mountains stretching to the north for days.. and Vallkyrie reminded him there were spaces where the splintered spear wouldn't have to loom over him. His stomach pinched at the thought, but it was sickeningly sweet to consider the temptation to just leave everything and not look back.

Yeah. It's.. I know. I want to make the right choice. I already owe them enough for being this patient with me--the least I can do is tell them, he reasoned. I think some of them may know as well as I do already, Antares supposed. Keyni and Melaine were both too smart, and had probably well seen through his bullshit long ago. He did want to have an honest ear with Bronco, just to be sure but.. the fallen Ostrega had a good feeling of what he wanted of this. Moonglow, he paused to sigh, grimace. --is a fair home. He hoped.. But, too, the fireflies were good wolves. They could make it work, wherever. With or without him.

Which was where he still struggled.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
She nods, silently in agreement with him when it came to his group. Being in limbo on where you stood with things, where you fit, was quite uneasy. Kyr herself had felt as such for some time, far before even leaving the pine forest due to her having contemplated leaving for some time. @Belharra had. Her sister had. Maybe she would find them or one of them at least, knowing where her sister was and all relatively.

It is. She mused. And Kukutux seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. She had lived in far prettier places, in her opinion, but then again as bias as she was, little could compare to her homeland. Now, more then ever, she missed it. But Torbine would always be there, as far as she knew. Had lasted through generations, decades... She wanted to keep going forward, not backward, wherever that may lead her.

Dont rush it. This, what happen... She grimaced, silken ears falling and her white streaked chest giving a heavy heave. Its hard to process, let alone move past it. She couldn't imagine his grief, his anger even. Her icy eyes turned away, to the jagges mountain at their backside, the one he shielded himself from. You don't need to decide what to do with yourself today. Neither of us. Who knew. Maybe, despite the closeness to their former homes, they would still find life for themselves in this region. Maybe they would leave, to greener pastures as it were. Maybe even together.
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
In this, she offered him no resistance, agreeing still on his aunt who could stand taller than him here in proper reverence to what had once been the Spear. He felt bare in saying all of this to Vallkyrie here, but she had always been a neutral party to him, easier to grip this ugly weakness in front of her when his choices didn't seem to weigh so heavily upon her ultimate outcomes.

He chuffed a soft hmm, knowing well it would take time. Already he felt guilty about how long it had taken him, after turning everything aside to search for nothing but grief. Every day since was agonizing, and even while parts of him mended, others withered in such stark contrast. He wanted to be a thousand miles away, and buried under that wretched rubble all at once.

Determined more to focus on her, lest his distractions outweigh again, Antares blinked slowly at the dark Archer. Yeah. I never.. could have guessed this would be so very much, so soon, he sighed, gesturing his muzzle at large towards everything while he noticed her looking back. He wouldn't, naturally now, but his sentiment remained. There had been an alarming end to his dreams lately. Not today. But soon. he agreed. Of course there's someone I want to talk to soon. Then, I think I know.. he huffed again, deciding to stop there before it grew more choppy. She would get the gist of it.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The huntress finds herself wondering then, who he had been close to. Who he had confined in before all of this. His friends, his allies, his family...were they all gone? Were those who he was closest too, that could find comfort in and guidance from no more? Was she the best thing he now had?

Vallkyrie fought back the frown, thinking once more surely not. He had those still from his pack, had Bronco, wherever he was... She was just easier to speak with because there was no judgements from her. He couldnt find disappointment in her, anger or pity, for she had not known the leader before all this had crumbled apart. The scarred, quiet and brooding wolf was all she'd known. Kyr found herself enjoying the tall, dark and handsome vibes anyhow.

I could travel with you, if you need. She almost murmured, leaving the floor open for it but knowing it also was probably something he might feel he needed to do alone.

And then, Should we head back?
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
His ears had tipped back, and thoughts were already stormy. But, her offer did not immediately turn him south.. though there was still some measure of indecision about how, exactly, he had to go about it yet. I will.. let you know, he decided on, shelving that matter for later. He felt greedy about the thought a second after, for her energy was probably better spent elsewhere than on whatever misery he could drum up; she was sharp, and highly skilled, so.. surely that had its worth, despite her own absence of a solid allegiance, and home right now.. as well as he could tell. Maybe there was more than he knew.

But he did know they had a particular piece of aligning interest and he chalked it up to that. Like the rest of it, he could mull it later when he had more energy for such matters. Despite already putting off so very much, what was a little more?

He blinked, and considered the hour when Vallkyrie mentioned going back. Probably should, he did agree, albeit with a huff before beginning to shift a route that worked better for this. He was not going to rush, and regarded the fringes of the Firefly Glen with his sorrow--despite setting out to enjoy the peace of it, if anything
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
And so she would find herself silent once more, the huntress quietly following along Antares slow and steady path. The night still upon them, fuller now, with only a sliver of moon in the sky to guide them. The two dark wolves melted into the shadows in more ways then one, where their minds now filled with sorrow and shadow now too. Maybe, one day, they'd break free of it. But for now the Archer woman was content to stay in the darkness with him, wherever that may lead.