Hideaway Strath Hideaway from everyone, most of all yourself
261 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Nyra directly after this thread

She fled the scene of the attack without a word, she needed time to recover and hide until her wounds would be less noticeable.  Already her muzzle swelled and a flap of skin refused to stay in place.

Whrist found a secluded part of the stream where she knew there was thick brush nearby she’d be able to hide in during the day, She’d use night to her advantage, darkness hid details, like a bruised pride and possible a torn muzzle.

She intended to hide in the brush after she cleaned her wounds, she knew to do that first.

Whrist made very sure she was alone before she lay on her back just her head in the cold water and shifted her head just so the wounded ear was the only thing dunked below the water’s surface. Blood pooled and ran along the water’s surface until no more blood could run from cold aching flesh.

Slowly she stood less careful now that some one might come upon her, though her desire to hide was still just a strong. She winced resisting the urge to shake her head, that would only start the bleeding up again, oh how ears like to bleed. Water ran though her black pelt making her uncomfortable but that was the least of her worries for now.

With a sigh she stared at the water then held her breath she dipped her aching muzzle below the freezing cold waters surface until she could no longer hold her breath. She lifted her head drew in a deep breath and soaked her muzzle again; 5 times over, until the chill in her muzzle was bone deep and her teeth chattered a little. This was the extent or her healing knowledge.

Now to hide where was that brush she saw earlier…
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It took a good long amount of minutes before Nyra emerged from the Chambers, a flame very much alive in her eyes as she strode with purpose to find Whrist.

And eventually she did, letting out an unamused chuffed as she moved aside the brush and stared at Whrist with an irritated grumble.

Yet her tone was cool as she asked.
"Why did you attack Aerin? What did she do to you?"
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
261 Posts
Ooc —
Light blue eyes lifted to meet golden yellow ones and Whrist gasped softly. The woman standing before her was an absolute beauty, she stole her breath. The tension of her muscles in her anger did not detract from her, rather it highlighted the curve of her jaw and neck. The swell of her chest as her agitated breath rasped filling the silence. 
Whrist resisted the urge to press herself against the hard muscles of the warrior woman, just barely.

The black wraith would not look away, she would not look guilty even though she  had no explanation to give. The moments stretched as she tried to find words to give to Nyra, though words had never really been her strong suit. When her words came they did not hold much emotion just pointed matter of fact-ness that did not display cockiness or any other emotion “I don’t know…” She finally answered to both questions almost with a casual shrug.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If she had hands she'd be pinching the bridge of her nose or something. 
"Not gonna cut it, Whrist. We don't just attack our packmates for no reason." Nyra growled sternly.
The times she herself had attacked a packmate...
"You're lucky I found you and not Kynareth. I almost guarantee he wouldn't ask questions before kicking your shit." 

Nyra herself wasn't going to touch Whrist, though she wanted to in the moment. But something told her the outcome wouldn't be as great if she had.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist held her breath for a moment, her head tilted just slightly to the side as she admired the wolfess before her despite the fact she was being reprimanded. Her eyes became heavy lidded as Nyra spoke of Kynareth attacking her her lips wrinkled in disgust though she somehow managed not to bare her teeth at all.

Whrist turned her head exposing her throat to Nyra begrudgingly “Before…” She hissed the next word “Simmik” she turned her head back but kept her eyes lowered her tone flat “I would not have believed you.. Now..

She exhaled, walked along Nyra’s left side coming up along her right side and touched her head to the side of Nyra’s neck leaning on her overseer just a bit this close to Nyra it was clear her scent was changing subtly to a scent that called to males, but her body was also becoming a cage for her, driving her mad. This was not something she had been taught about she had not had a proper upbringing at all. 

"I wish I had gotten to see you in action," Whirst spoke into Nyra's shoulder if the warrior stayed and allowed it "I scented your blood and Simmik's blood on one of my nightly rounds"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra started to soften as Whrist explained.
Truthfully, the Overseer would be in the same boat if she hadn't gotten her own shit kicked by Kyn, after attacking Sasha.
His damned ex-wife.

The wraith then rose, and Nyra tensed slightly as Whrist slid up one side of her large frame and down the other. 
She spoke of wanting to see her in action, how she smelled her and Simmik's blood one night.

Ah, yes. The night she had forced Simmik to yield for the safety of her pups. 

Letting the shadow rest on her, Nyra sighed softly "It is confusing. He brought her here in binds, and yet treats her differently. I have also been victim to the anger this causes, but for the sake of the Saints, and the future of the pack...we must respect Kynareth's choices." 
The Overseer turned her head some to look at Whrist, seeing how she'd answer.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
She shook her head into Nyra Shoulder’s and sighed closing her eyes she drew a breath, taking in Nyra’s scent and holding it deep within her for moment, Then she stepped back putting space between her and the white warrior before replying in-case her response warranted a disciplining.

No I will not respect all of his choices, but… I will abide by them.” She sighed “At least I will try to, to the best of my ability.

Her white blue orbs widened intensely, looking just this side of a wild, as she watched Nyra warily; Ready to dart away like a frightened fawn, her desire for the big white femme warring with her ingrained puppyhood fear of beatings and living on the edge of barely surviving under the heavy rule of the white wolves of her past. She swallowed hard unconsciously remembering the last spar where Nyra had pinned her easily but hadn’t hurt her unlike ‘them’

What would Nyra say to her declaration, was it enough?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Surprisingly, Nyra was sated by Whrist's words. 

"That, I can accept." She responded. 
With cold-burn amber eyes, Nyra looked around for a moment, exhaling slowly.
A question hung in her eyes when they returned to the wraith, yet never fell from her lips. 

hunt?
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist's gaze slipped behind Nyra and her lips curved into an anticipatory smile, she popped up onto her paws ignoring any and all injury's her body sported. "I see a ram over there" she nearly whispers and tossed her nose toward the edge of the woods that was skirted by the mountainous like walls enclosing the Strath of three sides.

The large horned ram was farther away from the edge of the mountain drinking from the stream that Whrist had been following if they were careful they could keep the goat from getting back to the terrain that would give it the upper ‘hoof?’ 

Her grin turned wicked and she looked up at Nyra, enjoying the sight of the well muscled warrior woman, She’d follow the overseer easily but if she had a chance to lead the hunt she’d snatch the opportunity.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Obviously up to the suggestion, the shadow jumps up despite her wounds and mutters to Nyra about a ram. 
Turning her head to look, she spots it indeed. 
Great horns and a bulky body. 

Her hell-borne eyes watched the ungulate like a hawk on a mouse. 

Slowly, the Queen started moving through the trees, weaving through the slowly resurrecting flora in an attempt to try and get behind the ram, see if they could take it down by surprise...
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
feel free to play the ram aswell

Whrist ghosted past Nyra keeping low and somehow silent despite the extra twigs and leaf litter in the ground, she practiced he silent movement every chance she got keeping an eye on the terrain she was about to step on in her peripheral vision and shifting her paw midair as needed for the most delicate step.

She moved quickly placing herself between the mountains wall that the ram was likely to run toward once it realized the very real danger it was in

The ram raised it’s head and looked around as if feeling eyes upon it, it saw nothing yet and was confident in it’s prowess and returned to finish drinking it’s fill though it’s ears twitched more now then they had before.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Overseer smiles privately as Whrist takes her own position. The ram definitely seems a little more nervous than before.
Creeping closer, Nyra takes careful consideration in her movements, testing every step before it's really made, thinking of the terrain and the brittleness of reviving flora. 

The strath holds its breath. 

Suddenly, Nyra erupts from the shadows at the hip of their quarry, snarling with arced teeth as she goes for the nearest leg, aiming to cripple it enough that it can't flee far or fast. 

Fangs find purchase in a vital area of the hind leg just as the ram tries to run.
A bellow of pain and fear as it kicks and flails to free itself from Nyra's teeth. An audible cracking noise as the ungulate's thrashing makes him break his own leg. Finally, the ram swings around with bowed head, punting the Queen in the shoulder hard enough to make her let go as she rolls messily across the soil with a pained yip. 

Favoring the broken hind leg, the ram starts to try and bail. With Nyra struggling to get back up, because ow, this was Whrist's opening to strike at their chosen prey on her own.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist from behind the ram looked up just in time to gawk at the easy grace of the white warrior watching her explode from the brush and take on the ram with confidence, she almost whined aloud when the ram took it’s fury out on Nyra, that would not do. Her maw opened wide and Whirst roared her growl throwing all her own caution to the wind, this thing had hurt Nyra and it would pay. Never mind Nyra had hurt it first that didn’t matter. It’s life for their life, they would benefit from this beasts death.

Hearing the sound between itself and the rocks that would give it safety the Ram chose to fight it readied itself to charge at the black wolf in it’s way. However two strides into the charge it put full weight on the leg that would not longer hold it and it collapsed on it’s rear like a car on three tires.

Whrist’s had thrown herself head on upon the crippled ram, as it tried to charge her and sharp white teeth which were aimed for the throat of the prey found purchase on the Ram’s muzzle instead

as it flung it’s head back when it fell on it’s rear, this was not a good hold but if she could keep her teeth  around it’s muzzle she might be able to starve it for oxygen. She shook her whole body keeping the ram off balance and not allowing it to catch it’s breath.

The Ram could not bleat it’s distress as Whist keep her jaw locked around it’s entire muzzle. This was now a battle of attrition unless Nyra could land a killing blow
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Swiftly, Whrist went for the ram. 
The tussle was fierce, even as the shadeling held true to its snout as Nyra shoved herself to her paws and lunged for the throat of the ram in Whrist's jaws.

It bellowed and flailed, but ultimately. Nyra held firm and kept applying pressure until it stopped moving. 
Then, she looked to Whrist and motioned with the flick of an ear for the darkling to join her in feast. 

Would she?
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist grinned wicked and released the ram, It had sucummbed quickly with the airway blocked and the air it had in lungs mostly carbon dioxide from Whrist's own hold.

"Are you ok?" Whrist looked over Nyra's body with concern finding her eyes lingering on her muscled shoulders with more appreciation then concern, She stepped closer to Nyra as if to inspect the Warrior woman, however her confusion for her feeling toward the white wolf flared to life and she quickly turned and grabbed at the haunch of the ram and began to tear it to expose organ's the liver was Nyra's by right and rank.

Whrist, face bloodied, pulled the liver free and set it at Nyra's paws and smiled her eyes lowered in some unnamed emotion
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Should we start wrapping this up here? <3

The Overseer looked over her body as Whrist asked if she was ok. 
Sure, it hurt damn smartly where the ram had hit, but it would heal.

"Yeah." She answered, rumbling with gratitude as the shadow tore into the ungulate and set the liver at her paws. 
Nodding once, the Empress dug into it with ravenous hunger.
Health (100/100)