Redhawk Caldera What does the heart desire
34 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Joining 
Time - 5:00pm | Weather - Sunny 54F (12C) | Notes - Way longer than I meant it to be, sorry!
.Broad shoulders split the sea of snow while his legs drove him forward, each muscle in his body being tested and nearly brought to their limits. An abnormal one and a half high patch of snow stood between him and the refuge that was the Caldera but with persistence he made it through, albeit covered in snow. Sifaka kept walking closer to the Caldera until a powerful scent halted the man in his tracks, he was not to take another step. Golden eyes scanned the few trees that surrounded the border, searching for a resident of their claim but his eyes spotted nothing but jagged rock and snow. The large male moved along side the border to inspect just what kind of little haven they claimed, admittedly Sifaka was not impressed by their choice. He scrutinized the sharpness of the loose rock but appreciated the capability of it being used to the inhabitants advantage, from what the male could gather the north was only entrance. It was a short deliberation but Sifaka made his choice to reside within the grounds, perhaps remain a permanent denizen until his spiritual departure. 
Slinking away from the border the male opted to move into the woodland nearby in search of meal, not for him but for whom ever greeted him at the border. Seeking residence without bringing some sort of offering was considered taboo and ill-mannered to Sifaka, there was no excuse not to bring something of use to their home. It did not take the experienced male long to spot small tracks in the dirt, five digit bear like prints spotted the snow in equal rhythm. A raccoon or a opossum, Sifaka could not properly judge due to how sloppy the tracks appeared. Regardless he had his offering in his sight. The male tracked the the scent that sparsely lingered in the air until he came across a, dirty, white and black raccoon. Sifaka hunched down close to the ground, his belly fur nearly touching the sludge below him. A large frame came with difficulties in stealth, his large shoulders, legs and paws could not easily maneuver like smaller wolves and his stamina drained much faster as well but that did not stop Sifaka from trying. He was in pouncing range, his chance was upon him. Thick back legs propelled him forward with great force and quicker than anticipated his maw was stuffed with raccoon fur. As soon as the little creature stopped moving Sifaka began making his way back up the hill to the Caldera.
Once again the scent of the border stopped him in his tracks, he sat down and set his prize beside him. It was time he made his presence known. He lifted his muzzle to the air and let out a loud yet solemn call to those within. He would remain patient until someone came to greet him.
'Blessed are the Peacemakers,

For they shall be called
Children of God.'
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat was in search of small game when the call came. With Phox still away—a fact which concerned her more with every passing day—that left the pack with one less able-bodied hunter. She wasn't particularly skilled, though she did her best to scrounge what she could to bring back to Towhee.

They were also down a leader, so she gave up her current search to answer the summons. She quickly located the stranger, a swarthy male with paler markings and bright eyes. Meerkat couldn't help but notice the freshly slain raccoon at his feet.

"Hello," she said as she approached, her demeanor casual and friendly. "Can I help you?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
34 Posts
Ooc — Espero

It took restraint to not chew the raccoon asunder, the smell of fresh blood made his belly growl and his mouth water but the sight of a wolf in the distance drew his attention. A sleek young female approached him, her gaze briefly assessing what laid at his feet before questioning him. Sifaka pondered for a moment if she was the head female, his golden eyes appraised the woman and deemed her ill-fit for the position. Nevertheless he still had to impress her.
"I have come to ask to remain within your borders." He spoke, voice plain and sober. Sifaka bent down and picked up the small mammal by the scruff of its neck, placing it closer to the female. "A gift," He stated, "Fresh and perhaps still warm." He nosed the plump thing, its round belly rolling itself closer to the female. Sifaka had hope it would be looked upon as a show of good faith, that he was no lout, nor was he remiss of his possible duties as a pack member.

For they shall be called
Children of God.'
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The way he phrased it, she couldn't be certain if he meant to join, though Meerkat couldn't imagine any other reason he would ask for such permission. "You hope to join?" she asked just to clarify before saying, "Thank you," as he pushed the fresh kill toward her.

She offered a smile as one sandy paw rested on his gift. "Well, let's start with introductions. I'm Meerkat and this is Redhawk Caldera. Who are you and why did you pick us?" It was probably a boringly standard question, though the young ambassador was genuinely curious.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
34 Posts
Ooc — Espero

Her clarification was met with a deep hum of agreement and nothing more, surely that is all that's needed. He watched as she accepted his gift and gave thanks, a gentle nod was given in return to the female. Sifaka found it odd just how jovial she was, it was not her thanks that struck him as odd but from the moment he arrived she was kind to him. He could not see the value in being kind to stranger at the border. It was a sort of faux pas in the eyes of the older male, strangers were unproven and held the potential to cause havoc within the claim. He was sure she had weighed and measured the risk, yet her cordial attitude remained. Intriguing to say the least.
"My name is Sifaka, I have traveled far and for long. Your claim was chosen by chance and in part by its appearance. I assume there is only one way in and one way out." His bright eyes searched the jagged rock once more, his decision to reside within the Caldera standing firm. He was eager to rest his body in a pile of whatever soft material he could find and to catch up on sleep.  

For they shall be called
Children of God.'
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She couldn't really find fault with his reasoning. It was a little bland, though logical and pragmatic. Sifaka pointed out the merits of the landscape and Meerkat could only nod in assent. It was a natural fortress. He seemed a practical fellow, though only further deduction would bear out that observation.

"It's nice to meet you, Sifaka, and fair enough. Tell me about your skills." Meerkat had never fancied herself a guardian, nor aspired for leadership, yet she wasn't a master ambassador for nothing. She wondered if Towhee would mind if she took it upon herself to accept or reject Sifaka, now that she was part of her mother's entourage.

The Sovereign was so busy with the pups too. That thought made Meerkat shift her weight ponderously. Even if Sifaka showed promise, could she trust herself to make a judgment call with her baby siblings' safety potentially at stake? That was an enormous responsibility, one she intended to take very seriously.
34 Posts
Ooc — Espero

"As it is to meet you as well." Sifaka offered a modest bow of his head, his eyes quickly returning to meet Meerkats. He would not dare to say he was proficient in fighting as he undoubtedly had more to learn and his hunting skills were at most a hair above average but he wasn't willing to sell himself short. His spars were abundant in his youth and into his early adult life, there was merit to those sessions of bruises, scratches and puncture wounds. Given a reason to finally choose just what knowledge and experience he accumulated in his past could be put into a fully fledged skill, Sifaka decided his brawling was worth the mention. 

"I am a gladiator," He announced with pride, "However I do not fight for accolades but only when it is necessary, whether that be from invaders or to protect who I value. Rest assured I will not start a fight over a squabble." It was spoken like a promise, he would not sink into his pride like a pit of tar and succumb to its whims, he was taught better and to rise above. 

For they shall be called
Children of God.'
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The title sounded so grandiose and he delivered it with an understated note of pride. Meerkat blinked. A what now? She had never heard the term before, though his subsequent remarks lent it some context. It sounded like he was a mercenary type. She knew her mother would approve, especially with brand new lives to defend. Doubtless they could use another able-bodied adult, regardless of his particular skills.

Her lips pursed. Was there something more she could ask? Should she press him for more of his background and history? What would mom do? What would dad do? Meerkat thought to herself. Surely her parents handled things a little differently at the borders. She was probably much more like Phox, a naturally laid-back diplomat versus an aloof interrogator who was rough around the edges.

But Meerkat hoped to meet in the middle as she blew out a breath and mulled an executive decision. "I see no reason why we can't offer you a home, Sifaka," the yearling said, "although it's not ordinarily up to me. My parents are the leaders here. My dad, Phox, is away and my mom, Towhee, just delivered a litter. So I'll act on their behalf and tentatively accept you.

That said,"
Meerkat continued pointedly in the next breath, "please make a point to introduce yourself to them at the first opportunity. I'll let my mom know everything you've told me about yourself and she'll likely want to meet you as soon as she's able so she can vet you herself. Does that sound like a plan?"
34 Posts
Ooc — Espero
You're more than welcome to wrap this up and walk him into the caldera

Meerkats terms were agreeable, Sifaka understood her hesitance to guarantee his acceptance in the pack. She may have been the leaders daughter but parents always had final say over their children, he could respect her for adhering to the familial hierarchy. With her mothers new litter, it would be decided he was going to wait a day or more before seeking a meeting. Sifaka knew better than to be near a female whos litter was just birthed, a very quick lesson learnt from long ago. 

"Agreed. If your mother wishes to find me before I find her, my first few days will be spent close to the mouth of the Caldera." He informed her. "As for your father, I can wait for his return in the same spot, I will ask for both guardians approval regardless if the others accepts me. I don't wish to cause a stir between the pair." Sifaka was no homewrecker, it was better to leave than cause an internal scuffle. Not to mention it would be very awkward to stay anyway.

For they shall be called
Children of God.'
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Welcome to the pack!

Her lips twitched when Sifaka not only agreed to her terms but elaborated on them. "That sounds great," Meerkat replied with a wave of her tail. "I'll go directly to the den to let her know you're here," she added. She could've invited him along, though she sincerely doubted Towhee would appreciate her bringing a stranger around the Hobbit Hole.

No, waiting somewhere more neutral to rendezvous made a lot of sense. He really did strike her as a very practical sort. Meerkat thought he would likely do well here. She smiled at Sifaka and dipped her head, then moved away to report to the Sovereign, leaving the newest Redhawk to make himself at home.