Dragoncrest Cliffs rolling stone
All Welcome  April 05, 2021, 05:40 PM
Haunt
Sapphique
Laramite
After struggling with it for weeks, Haunt arrived at a decision. She left the territory to observe Broken Antler one last time, then bade them farewell and headed down to the beach. She scoured the sands in the hopes of finding a fish or two and was rewarded with a freshly dead sea otter instead. She plucked the carcass off the ground and carried it up toward the caves, one paw coming to rest on the startlingly soft pelt as Haunt took a deep breath and howled for the attention of @Erzulie and @Rosalyn.
April 06, 2021, 04:10 PM
Erzulie
Sapphique
Obsidian*
erzulie chose this year to be the one where she did not fret over the outcome of her tanglings with merlin and with njord. she traveled self-confidently toward the beachfront, intending to bathe, but the call of ghostly haunt lifted then.
the girl had spent a good deal of time away from sapphique, especially following the failed hunt with the harlot and chacal upon the water. but the obsidian had seen how vex's departure had affected the girl, and came upon haunt with affection in her gaze, and approval for the sea otter underfoot.

[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
April 06, 2021, 05:34 PM
Haunt
Sapphique
Laramite
Erzulie arrived first, alone. Haunt supposed Rosalyn might appear too, at some point, though she didn't favor the idea of waiting indefinitely in awkward silence—or, worse, trying to make small talk—until then. She would tell Erzulie the news and one of them could fill in Rosalyn later.

She dipped her head to the Obsidian, managing a wan smile and a few waves of her tail. "This is for you," she said first, nosing the impossibly soft carcass toward her superior. She sucked in a rather noisy breath as she took a step back and added, "I'm leaving to visit my mother. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone. I do intend to return," Haunt said before catching herself and hastily adding, "if I'm welcome back, of course."
April 07, 2021, 11:31 PM
Erzulie
Sapphique
Obsidian*
erzulie accepted the gift gratefully. it would be a fine pelt for the den she shared with her wife, but her attention was on haunt now. the news that the girl would be leaving did not surprise her; the offer to come back certainly did, however. 
a blink of her lashes and a grin to accompany that; "you will always have a welcome here."
her mother, the stern woman who had come to their door. the sense of filial duty was strong in the alabastrine girl, she considered. a wave of her cinnamon plume. "she be lucky to have you."

[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
April 08, 2021, 09:31 AM
Haunt
Sapphique
Laramite
Both remarks were met with a bashfully pleased smile, though she tried to school her expression as she answered, "Thanks, Erzulie. That means a lot." Although she didn't feel particularly close to any one wolf in Sapphique, they were nonetheless a second family to her. They had kept her alive and she just hoped she'd repaid her debt in full.

"I'd like to give you my notes about Broken Antler—the local herd—before I go," Haunt said in the next breath.